BB 1.1.1. Problems

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have two problems ....

Both are on the same, voltlab BB 1.1.1

1 #

[code] Warning: file("templates/thread_useroff.htm") - No such file or directory in /home/ed/public_html/.../forum/_functions.php on line 638

Warning: Bad arguments to implode() in /home/ed/public_html/.../forum/_functions.php on line 638 </pre><hr></blockquote>

this comes out when reading the threads, whether logged in or not. that thread_oseroff.htm exists; it seems it was eaten at a moment by the ftp but i have reuploaded it to the folder where it is supposed to be. and still continue to see that message.

2 #

[code]

Warning: Could not execute mail delivery program in /home/ed/public_html/.../forum/_functions.php on line 801

Warning: Could not execute mail delivery program in /home/ed/public_html/.../forum/_functions.php on line 801

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ed/public_html/.../forum/_functions.php:801) in /home/ed/public_html/.../forum/reply.php on line 58

</pre><hr></blockquote>

i tried to fix the permission settings for /images/avatars to allow things to be uploaded ... since that fix try now there comes this message after posting. only that on a otherwise blank white page, after posting or answering. ... are some permissions wrong ?? they were 712 ..

what have i messed?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    it looks like we don't use BB.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    i know defiant but someone must use elsewhere or someone must have fixed such elsewhere. Brad? ...

[code]Warning: Could not execute mail delivery program in /home/ed/public_html/../forum/_functions.php on line 801

(that repeats many times)

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ed/public_html/.../forum/_functions.php:801) in /home/ed/public_html/.../forum/reply.php on line 58

</pre><hr></blockquote>

is that "could not execute" a simple permissions thing? the posts get posted but after posting it freezes to that screen = does not go back to post or menu.

[ 11-25-2002: Message edited by: Mulattabianca ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Sorry, I've never used voltab BB. Without access to its controls and code or at least a rudimentary understanding of how it works (UBB and vB, for example, are *extremely* different even at the lowest levels) I would not be able to venture a reliable solution for it.

From what I can see, I would *guess* that it is either a problem with permissions, your forum database may be corrupted, or you have some incorrect path names in the BB configuration.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    ... the filenames were as they were, i have only modified some templates but left their original name. and they did work. at one point before those problems started it looked like the ftp thing had eaten some files. i dint find the backups on my hd, but i asked those templates from one who has the same board (on the same language) ... uploaded them again ... now for some weird reason there were TWO folders for the forum, so i tried both .. now it seems to work. only one thing visualises weirdly (in chimera) but probably i'm the only that notices it.

anyway.. otherwise seems to work but i can't get the avatar folder work. what is the right permission combination for avatars folder?? it does not seem to allow upload them with any logical permission combination ..

thanx anyway brad