Apple widens lead over Samsung in U.S. smartphone market

Comments

• Reply 21 of 53
    kdarlingkdarling Posts: 1,640member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

...viral...

Yep.  When analytics firm Visible Measures released its list of the ten most viral tech ads of 2012, Samsung's GS3 "The Next Big Thing" commercial ranked at the top of the list (71 million views)

Altogether, Samsung got four of the top ten, and Apple only got one ad (iPhone 5 intro - 18 million views) on the list.

All top ten can be seen here on the Visible Measures website.

Other major firms such as Ad Age also ranked Samsung's ads in the top ten viral for 2012.

Quote:

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

To which I would reply...

• Reply 22 of 53
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    They really should have vetted the dialogue better. They should known people would try to see if Siri worked the same for them as in the videos. Either you alter Siri so it's more tuned for those specific questions or you use sentences that can also be duplicated up by a reasonable user.

Barry is not a reasonable user due to his speech impediment:

Funny part was that Siri understood the Indian guys and I barely did, but I understood Barry. Guess Siri won't be able to tell Elmer J. Fudd if it's duck season or wabbit season.
  • Reply 23 of 53
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

Yep.

You don't understand. I reject the premise entirely. This is a company that pays for reviews, pays to shut up the news, and pays to own the government. There is no "viral". You cannot possibly say that.

And your video's blank, but I'm sure it's more abject nonsense.

• Reply 24 of 53
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Funny part was that Siri understood the Indian guys and I barely did, but I understood Barry. Guess Siri won't be able to tell Elmer J. Fudd if it's duck season or wabbit season.

My guess is that Siri understands those with an Indian accent much better than those with rhotacism.
  • Reply 25 of 53
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    You don't understand. I reject the premise entirely. This is a company that pays for reviews, pays to shut up the news, and pays to own the government. There is no "viral". You cannot possibly say that.

And your video's blank, but I'm sure it's more abject nonsense.

I was able to see a young John Lithgow say "laugh while you can monkey boy"
  • Reply 26 of 53
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Yeah it worked for me too....man...Lithgow was young!

• Reply 27 of 53

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Ah, see? Nonsense.

• Reply 28 of 53
    souliisoulsouliisoul Posts: 827member

Quote:

Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

Yeah it worked for me too....man...Lithgow was young!

Yep worked for me, but you have to understand, he never been objective, when comes to Apple vs. ANYONE.

I agree Samsung even in India had the most viral mobile phone ads, which were talked about by masses, when the ads were on TV.

India loves over the top theatrics and Samsung ads usually played to their weakness.

• Reply 29 of 53

Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

Yep worked for me, but you have to understand, he never been objective, when comes to Apple vs. ANYONE.

I'll ask you again to stop the libel before it's stopped on its own.

India loves over the top theatrics and Samsung ads usually played to their weakness.

By that measure, the Surface should be the best-selling tablet in India.

• Reply 30 of 53

Quote:

I agree Samsung even in India had the most viral mobile phone ads, which were talked about by masses, when the ads were on TV.

Ahhhh...the video worked for everyone else but it was blank for some.....i guess it fits......

Everyone at my work talks about the Samsung spots....... I work in IT special projects. I love the Windows 8 ad at the wedding where the Samsung and Apple phone owners argue and fight...iphone owner says "Can you move your enormous phone!"

Samsung phone owner says "Aren't you a little young to have an iphone?" Love that spot...

• Reply 31 of 53

Quote:

By that measure, the Surface should be the best-selling tablet in India.

image go ahead big boy make my day...

Indians do not like the surface because too expensive vs. performance obtained.

Actually Surface had a massive marketing push, but unfortunately its all been US ads.

Edit Price check and scroll to bottom of page and iPad 64Gb WiFi is similar price to MS Surface 32Gb....no amount of ads will make an Indian give away his moneyimage

• Reply 32 of 53

Quote:

Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

Ahhhh...the video worked for everyone else but it was blank for some.....i guess it fits......

Everyone at my work talks about the Samsung spots....... I work in IT special projects. I love the Windows 8 ad at the wedding where the Samsung and Apple phone owners argue and fight...iphone owner says "Can you move your enormous phone!"

Samsung phone owner says "Aren't you a little young to have an iphone?" Love that spot...

That was funny and very good ad... I saw Tallest Skil at the end with Apple logo tattoo on his chest image

Edit removed video, so not to  piss people off when scrolling and reading comments

• Reply 33 of 53

Quote:

That was funny and very good ad... I saw Tallest Skil at the end with Apple logo tattoo on his chest image

Edit removed video, so not to  piss people off when scrolling and readu=ing comments

LOL....thats what I thought too!

• Reply 34 of 53

Indians do not like the surface because too expensive vs. performance obtained.

Actually Surface had a massive marketing push, but unfortunately its all been US ads.

So the advertising didn't help, despite your previous assertion.

• Reply 35 of 53

Quote:

The thing about libel is that it has to be:

1.  A false statement

2.  Damaging to the reputation of the subject of the statement

His statement was not false, and even if it was, it doesn't damage your reputation in the least.  You are the most damaging thing to your reputation.

• Reply 36 of 53

Originally Posted by wakefinance View Post

1.  A false statement

His statement was not false, and even if it was, it doesn't damage your reputation in the least. 

It fulfills both criteria. Come off it.

• Reply 37 of 53

Quote:

So the advertising didn't help, despite your previous assertion.

Read the comments again, maybe you understand why?

Samsung have priced their products at reasonable price and performance, maybe little sub par to Apple (in our eyes), this is of very little concern to Indian market, since ads help to sell the product.

MS Surface has massive under performance to Apple iPad, If  you compare price with specs.

• Reply 38 of 53

Samsung have priced their products at reasonable price and performance…

And so a $399 iPhone would be…?

• Reply 39 of 53

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakefinance View Post

1.  A false statement

His statement was not false, and even if it was, it doesn't damage your reputation in the least.  You are the most damaging thing to your reputation.

Yes but follow-up comment maybe libel, I am in India and he can sue me here. image

Btw: average personal ibel case takes 10 years to complete in India , so make my day!

• Reply 40 of 53

Quote:

And so a $399 iPhone would be…?

Here we go again!!

Just to remind you, I have  stated low-cost iPhone, would do well in India. I never mentioned what price should be or specs.