geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

And so a $399 iPhone would be…?

ah....a $399 iphone.....

• Reply 42 of 53
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

Yes but follow-up comment maybe libel, I am in India and he can sue me here. image

Btw: average personal ibel case takes 10 years to complete in India , so make my day!

Oh, I've no intention of pursuing legal action against you; merely asserting the existence of the occurrence itself and defining the ramifications.

Here we go again!!

Indeed. This is the part where you refuse to answer the question despite being perfectly willing to do so if it were about Samsung and how "superior" they are in your market, somehow.

I'll ask again. Were Apple to release an unlocked, off-contract iPhone for $399, what do you believe the anecdotal reaction in your market would be?

• Reply 43 of 53
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

This is simply not true.

Sincerely,

Samsung¡

Seriously, Samsung is spending millions and millions on advertising. Every satellite channel I surf is covered from head to toe with Samsung ads. The ads are everywhere... television, radio, print, web, you name it. You can't go five minutes without seeing a Samsung Galaxy S4 ad somewhere. I was getting real nervous about this blitzkrieg let loose by Samsung. Apparently my nervousness was misplaced.

When Samsung released the actual product, was there lines around the block with customers waiting to buy them?  Not that I'm aware of.

Apple has traditionally had long lines waiting for the first day, and then shorter lines for several weeks until they got most of the early adopters taken care of.

I guess not many people are lining up to buy the S4, so they have to advertise the thing to death.

One thing Samsung as is they sell in more countries through far more cellular carriers.  So they have anywhere from all of the major players down to the little whole in the wall carriers in more countries, which is why they have decent Global sales, but not much in the US.

• Reply 44 of 53

Quote:

Oh, I've no intention of pursuing legal action against you; merely asserting the existence of the occurrence itself and defining the ramifications.

Indeed. This is the part where you refuse to answer the question despite being perfectly willing to do so if it were about Samsung and how "superior" they are in your market, somehow.

I'll ask again. Were Apple to release an unlocked, off-contract iPhone for $399, what do you believe the anecdotal reaction in your market would be?

we were talking about advertising spots.........No one was talking about one products superiority. We wwre talking about ADS....

• Reply 45 of 53

Quote:

India loves over the top theatrics and Samsung ads usually played to their weakness.

They got that from watching too much Benny Hill back in the '70s.

For real fun watch Siri trying to understand a Scotsman talking his version of English.

• Reply 46 of 53
    sensisensi Posts: 346member
    The thing about libel is that it has to be:

1.  A false statement
    2.  Damaging to the reputation of the subject of the statement
    If you need any example of legally suable libel you just have to look at most of Tallest Skill's comments, which are mostly full of it, e.g. in this thread:
    This is a company [Samsung] that pays for reviews, pays to shut up the news, and pays to own the government.
  • Reply 47 of 53

Originally Posted by Sensi View Post

If you need any example of legally suable libel you just have to look at most of Tallest Skill's comments, which are mostly full of it, e.g. in this thread:

So the articles about just such events were… lying, I suppose? Or maybe you have proof they didn't do that.

• Reply 48 of 53
    souliisoulsouliisoul Posts: 827member

Quote:

Thanks Geek, he does go off on tangent and forgets what the actual discussion was about. He gets on his high mule (not horse..lol) and starts throwing comments, when no one especially me has made that statement. 

As for your answer to $399 question, it depend ons the iPhone being released, If it is 3s or 4 version, then forget it too old a spec and people will not feel there up to the times. If it is 4s or even 5 (after 7th generation iPhone has been launched), then I can see massive push in terms of revenue/profit in India. 

STOP using the word 'off-contract' there are no contract schemes in India, it is all unlocked phones as stated numerous times before. There maybe monthly EMIs, but you can still go to another mobile company and just pay off the phone, no actual call contract is available.

Does that answer your question and please read carefully, before blowing a nut or too.image

• Reply 49 of 53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

They got that from watching too much Benny Hill back in the '70s.

For real fun watch Siri trying to understand a Scotsman talking his version of English.

Still show Benny Hill today in India...sad but true.

• Reply 50 of 53

Quote:

So the articles about just such events were… lying, I suppose? Or maybe you have proof they didn't do that.

Do you have proof they did? Lets see it...official proof...not someone's opinion.......lets see it.....

• Reply 51 of 53

If it is 4s… …then I can see massive push in terms of revenue/profit in India. 

Absolutely hilarious. I tip my hat to you. image

STOP using the word 'off-contract' there are no contract schemes in India

Then it shouldn't matter at all, should it. How nice.

Does that answer your question…

Oh, it tells me all I need to know about your position.

• Reply 52 of 53

Quote:

Absolutely hilarious. I tip my hat to you. image

Then it shouldn't matter at all, should it. How nice.

Oh, it tells me all I need to know about your position.

Does matter since you trying to push your opinion, but you do not know the area you actually discussing.

Tallest Skil your not very good at being comedian......Computer Says No image

• Reply 53 of 53

Does matter since you trying to push your opinion…

I really wish you hadn't picked up all these buzzwords. They give you an excuse for ignoring the argument at hand where you didn't before.

You've changed your argument since we first had this conversation. You weren't fine with the iPhone 4S then. You are now.

I rest my case; you agree with me.