Job listings reveal new Apple Stores in Virginia, Utah, New Jersey

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
New Apple retail locations are expected to open in Virginia, Utah, and New Jersey in the coming months, as a number of job listings appear to have revealed the company's latest U.S. locations.

store

Curious Apple fans looked into a number of vague job listings, eventually tipping off ifoAppleStore to the newly discovered locations. The listings were initially posted to Apple's jobs website in May and suggested that the positions would be located in "Manassas, Virginia," and "Salt Lake City, Utah," but that appears to have been a misdirection on Apple's part.

Instead, the new Virginia store will be located in the city of Woodbridge, at the Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center mall. The Utah store will be located in Farmington, at the Station Park shopping mall near Interstate 15. A third location has also been identified, with an Apple Store expected to open at the Quaker Bridge Mall, near Princeton University in New Jersey.

Over the past year, Apple has not always given the exact location of future Apple retail store openings, meaning that Apple fans have had to become more inventive in sussing out which areas will be next to get a store.

The new stores are three of what will be just 10 total new locations opening in the U.S. in 2013. All three are slated to open by November. A number of other stores will see renovations and relocations, but the majority of the company's new openings will be overseas in the coming year, reflecting the increasing importance of Apple's international operations.

This year will see Apple opening between 30 and 40 retail stores worldwide. CEO Tim Cook credits the company's retail locations with exposing the public to the iPad and other Apple devices. Each quarter, Apple's stores see more than 100 million visitors.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    The NJ store will also be close to a couple other colleges. Maybe Apple is now hitting college towns/areas.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    curtis hannahcurtis hannah Posts: 1,833member
    Wasn't this already posted?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    cmfcmf Posts: 66member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

The NJ store will also be close to a couple other colleges. Maybe Apple is now hitting college towns/areas.

It's about time they did this too. All within 20 mins. or so of this area:

• Princeton

• Rider (My alma mater - Class of '09)

• TCNJ (Literally 8 mins. down the road from Rider)

The other one that comes to mind down in that part of New Jersey is Rowan, but they've had Apple Stores in Marlton and Cherry Hill for a while now, so that probably is enough to cover it.

Would have been useful to have it when I was still in school, but I can't really complain, I'm 4 mins. from the Short Hills Mall, so it's right there. Although, I will be ordering a new 15" Retina MacBook Pro when they are (presumably) updated on Monday and have no plans to pick it up in the store, it's just too crowded at this point. I do need to get the HDD removed from my old machine, but that can be scheduled in advance, so I don't mind.

Speaking from experience when I bought my iPhone 3G (Had to go to the Cube on 5th Avenue because Short Hills was out of stock), unless you go early in the morning or later in the evening, it's more trouble than its worth. I can't imagine what it's like for people who live in NYC or SF and go to one of the flagship stores when they need to pick something up. Tourists in addition to regular customers just makes things take longer.

• Reply 4 of 6
    llamallama Posts: 102member

Weird, so a sixth Apple store in Nothern-ish VA?  Clarendon, Pentagon City, Tysons, Reston, Fair Oaks and now Woodbridge/Potomac Mills area?  All of these stores are well within an hour of each other, most under 30 minutes. 

• Reply 5 of 6
    bigpicsbigpics Posts: 1,397member

Centerville, UT?  It may have a shopping center near I-15 but it's a tiny town and convenient to none of the biggest cities in UT - not Layton/Riverdale/Ogden, nor Salt Lake nor Provo/Orem - the three largest, fastest growing areas which together house a fairly large majority of the state's population - and huge Salt Lake County has close to half on its own - most already quite far south of Apple SLC, let alone Centerville.. 

I happen to commute past it, but I haven't thought of it as a shopping destination.  Ever.  Nor does anyone I know, and I know lots of folks.  So I'd be at least mildly surprised - but pleased, as Apple's SLC store moved to a downtown area that's much harder to park near and is closed on Sundays (the center's on prop owned and whose development was funded by the Mormon church to fight downtown blight near their main headquarters and Temple - and Sunday closing was a condition.

So they must have been given a terrific deal, 'cos I used to go to the old one often and have never been drawn into the congestion of the parking at the new one to even know where it is in the new downtown boutique brand fest joint - all companies with (often way) overpriced designer stuff - and crappy (upscale but still crappy) chain restaurants of zero interest to me - even though I have a few bucks.

• Reply 6 of 6
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    llama wrote: »
    Weird, so a sixth Apple store in Nothern-ish VA?  Clarendon, Pentagon City, Tysons, Reston, Fair Oaks and now Woodbridge/Potomac Mills area?  All of these stores are well within an hour of each other, most under 30 minutes. 

High pop concentration. Philly area has5+ stores: center city, suburban square, KOP, cherry hill, Marlton.