Apple installing WWDC banners: 'Where a whole new world is developing'

Comments

• Reply 61 of 92
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

LOL. You'll get new Airs, new Pros, iOS 7 and OS X.

One more thing could be a new Mac Pro.

They won't do a one more thing. But what about the iMac? I figure that's a given, too.

• Reply 62 of 92
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Right, a human being has a thought or an idea and acts on it. Again that's not the idea doing something, its the person who has the idea pop in to their head.

Oh, OK _ read your post wrong " Human beings do things, not ideas.  I read it as as "human beings do things, not ideas, wheras you obviously meant "Human beings do things, not ideas". 

Which leaves me thinking your though was a) badly expressed and b) ridiculous. Who on earth engages in an argument that ideas actually do 'things'. I think we all know that an idea is an idea...

image oh dear - wtf am I doing?

• Reply 63 of 92
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

People always say this, but Apple TV already has apps.

If by "has apps" you mean "can run any app that runs on my phone/tablet" ... Why?

What's the point of being able to run a Notes app on your TV? What's the point of being able to run any app designed for mobile on a stationary device? Whats the point of being able to run a portrait app on a landscape device?

Apple could allow devs to produce apps for the TV if they meet some criteria. Games, Content providers, apps which show stuff on maps if you ask them politely in siri. They may not do this but they could.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxman View Post

Oh, OK _ read your post wrong " Human beings do things, not ideas.  I read it as as "human beings do things, not ideas, wheras you obviously meant "Human beings do things, not ideas". 

Which leaves me thinking your though was a) badly expressed and b) ridiculous. Who on earth engages in an argument that ideas actually do 'things'. I think we all know that an idea is an idea...

image oh dear - wtf am I doing?

WebRep

currentVote

noRating

noWeight

He shudda said. Humans, not ideas, do things. This came up because Apple's claim was that .." great ideas go on to do great things."

• Reply 64 of 92
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Also cool for TV would be screen saver apps.
  • Reply 65 of 92
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    rogifan wrote: »
    Right, a human being has a thought or an idea and acts on it. Again that's not the idea doing something, its the person who has the idea pop in to their head.

Sure, a person can act on an idea but an idea's doing is getting us to put it into action. Ideas are the catalyst for change, knowledge, understanding, etc. That is what ideas do. They give us direction in which to act.

You might as well say that ideas can't be disagreed with, only human vocal chords and fingers when they speak and write/type ideas, which to me sounds pretty damn silly.
  • Reply 66 of 92
    I'm pretty excited about IOS 7. The keynote is gonna be great me think

Flatter icon designs - surely
    Siri has learned a few more languages and recipes?
    More passbook features
    Greater iCloud services
    iRadio would be cool
    Improved AirPlay functionality
    More calendar features
    More notes features
    More reminder features
    Safari improvements
    Shortcuts to settings
    greatly improved maps
    improved weather app
    mail gets a refresh
    no doubt iBooks will get a new look

Have I missed much?
  • Reply 67 of 92

Oh, of course the camera will be a major feature. B/W photos and loads of extra effects ........

• Reply 68 of 92

Originally Posted by scottyltd View Post

Have I missed much?

MacBooks, iMacs, Mac Minis, OS X…

• Reply 69 of 92
    asdasd wrote: »
    He shudda said. Humans, not ideas, do things. This came up because Apple's claim was that .." great ideas go on to do great things."

What Apple wrote isn't itself incorrect, although it does have an ambiguity to it. I think a better statement would be, "Great ideas are the impetus of great accomplishments" or "Great ideas give rise to great change."
  • Reply 70 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

MacBooks, iMacs, Mac Minis, OS X…

Yeah yeah, I know ! I was really emphasising (Is that how you spell it?) on IOS7 really.

OSX will be cool I think. Wondering if 2010 MBP will handle it though.

• Reply 71 of 92

Originally Posted by scottyltd View Post

Yeah yeah, I know ! I was really emphasising (Is that how you spell it?) on IOS7 really.

The second s is a z, but you're right (for worse or… worse); they'll focus on iOS 7… 

OSX will be cool I think. Wondering if 2010 MBP will handle it though.

Oh, I'm quite confident of that. If Mountain Lion runs (and like butter, I might add) on my Early 2008 MacBook Pro, 10.9 will of course run on a 2010.

• Reply 72 of 92

Apple will surprise everyone on Monday by previewing OS X 11 (not 10.9) and iOS 7, both tightly integrated with each other with a similar UI and flawless iCloud support. OS X 11 will come with a new and improved: Apple Maps, Siri, much better iCloud support and integration with other devices, a flatter design without skeuomorphism, apps right on the home page that you'll be able to scroll through using your trackpad gestures, increased battery life for your laptop, a new and improved App Store, and come pre-installed with Apple's iWorks. 

iOS 7 will come with: Sweeping new UI design changes (we're not all dumb users, as Apple should start realizing). Apps scroll buttery smooth and don't move pages at a time, but just as if it were just one whole page after pressing the "apps" button on the home screen. The current apps should be able to be placed wherever the users wants them, similar to Android and a typical computer desktop. Music, Facebook, Twitter, and iTunes widgets should be an option for the homescreen. 

UI change also includes: A flatter, less Fisher-Price colored-like look, a better looking lock screen that doesn't take up almost the whole screen, new and improved notification center with a new background, and weather, stock, news, facebook, twitter, wi-fi, bluetooth, airplane mode, personal hotspot, and "do not disturb mode" widgets. The clock displays real time, and is digital now instead of analog. Music and iTunes are combined in the same app again. Weather is displayed on the lock screen with animations as a background option. The lock screen is flat and the unlock numbers and "slide to unlock" are engraved into the background without the gloss, without the transparency, and with a flat look.

Texting: Will feature SWYPE, and a new and improved auto-correct system, which iOS BADLY needs. Improved Siri accuracy when text-typing with voice. A small contact picture can be seen and used for those who are iMessaging back and fourth from each other. iMessage is buttery smooth and isn't lagging at times. New, additional emoticons and a new keyboard without the 3D shadow effects. iMessage also forces users to see when the other person has read your message. 

Safari: Faster, more simple than before. Website URL and search box are combined into one box. New color scheme. New multi-tab look. Full screen Safari while the phone is in portrait mode. 

Multi-tasking: slide finger up from bottom halfway up the phone and multi-tasking screen opens. Ability to delete all apps from running. Ability to swipe between Apps with thumbnail of where they left off. 

Anything else I left out that's needed? 

• Reply 73 of 92

Originally Posted by syrmike22 View Post

OS X 11…

Do you know what X means?

a flatter design without skeuomorphism…

Total nonsense.

…apps right on the home page…

"Home page"? It's an OS, not a website.

…pre-installed with Apple's iWorks. 

First, iWork. Second, not gonna be preinstalled.

Sweeping new UI design changes (we're not all dumb users, as Apple should start realizing).

And there go both your argument and your beliefs.

Apps scroll buttery smooth and don't move pages at a time

Why would people want that?

…Fisher-Price…

SHUT UP AND GO AWAY. In the future, put this filth in your first sentence so we don't waste our time thinking you actually had anything to say.

• Reply 74 of 92

The ability to close all apps that are running in background with one button/gesture or something would be great image

• Reply 75 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Do you know what X means?

Total nonsense.

"Home page"? It's an OS, not a website.

First, iWork. Second, not gonna be preinstalled.

And there go both your argument and your beliefs.

Why would people want that?

SHUT UP AND GO AWAY. In the future, put this filth in your first sentence so we don't waste our time thinking you actually had anything to say.

You do realize it was sarcasm for the most part right? 

• Reply 76 of 92

Originally Posted by syrmike22 View Post

You do realize it was sarcasm for the most part right? 

No, because it's subtle enough that we get people on here who actually believe that crap.

If you were actually being sarcastic, I tip my hat to you; that was some deep stuff. I also apologize for the outburst.

• Reply 77 of 92
    vorsosvorsos Posts: 302member

scottyltd View Post

The ability to close all apps that are running in background with one button/gesture or something would be great image

No need. The only background processes allowed in iOS are user-visible, like GPS or audio streaming (okay, so user-audible). Well-written apps properly suspend their processes upon closing, and anything else is force-closed after 120 seconds.

Having all those app icons in your double-tap recent list does not mean they are running, though far too many Android switchers might think otherwise.

• Reply 78 of 92
    vorsos wrote: »
    Having all those app icons in your double-tap recent list does not mean they are running, though far too many Android switchers might think otherwise.

I know plenty of iOS users that like to clean it out regularly despite evidence to the contrary.
  • Reply 79 of 92
    vorsosvorsos Posts: 302member

That's what I meant. People who switch from Android to iOS and assume everything needs to be manually maintained. "Where's the resource manager?" etc.

At least none have asked me about how to defrag the damn thing.

• Reply 80 of 92
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    vorsos wrote: »

I know plenty of iOS users that like to clean it out regularly despite evidence to the contrary.

Can you confirm (sorry, wrong choice of word) that it doesn't have 'any' effect I'm performance? It doesn't clear RAM? You might be right, but I thought opening too many Safari tabs can indeed be too excessive and causes web pages to reload when you go back to a previously opened tab.

Or can't I make this comparison?

Bit off topic, but if they announce new iDevices with more RAM I'm back on topic!