Apple's "smart shoes" notify users when they need replacing

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 71
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    kdarling wrote: »
    And I appreciate that care.

That's why I didn't quote or respond to your post, but to Wozniak's comments.

Point taken and touché.
  • Reply 62 of 71
    nairbnairb Posts: 253member
    Wouldnt a stress meter be much better.

My wife seems to know it is time to replaces all of her shoes every time she is feeling stressed.
  • Reply 63 of 71
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    nairb wrote: »
    Wouldnt a stress meter be much better.

My wife seems to know it is time to replaces all of her shoes every time she is feeling stressed.

LOL. Still, one can never have enough shoes. Or so I understand.
  • Reply 64 of 71

Here in the Old Europe, you can have your best shoes' soles replaced for 10 euros, 15 if you're going for top-of-the-line leather soles.

And cheap shoes... well they last less than their soles anyway, but I don't own any of these, so I can't vouch for them anyway.

• Reply 65 of 71

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

No. I carefully choose the words have become. One can imagine one aspect of something and be right. Others can imagine several aspects and be right, but no one could have predicted all the aspects at the right time frame to predict what has become of the industry. It's impossible. When were Tri-gate transistors first conceived? What about hafnium-based high-k dielectrics? We can all say that data will get faster, CE will get smaller and lighter, and cost for a given performance will get cheaper but you can't predict how that will all happen. Science Fiction allows our imaginations to conceive of ideas but they do not make them possible by that same virtue.

Charisma, connections, vision, and quite a bit of reality-distortion-field are necessary to get the funding and the team to achieve that result :p

• Reply 66 of 71

Maybe we can get the 2015 Marty Mcfly jacket... "Your jacket is now drying. Your jacket is dry."

And for the record, I'm not a Apple hatter or I wouldn't spent $500 on a new iPad4 or $199 on a iPhone 5 for my daughter that my Sammy Skyrocket or Nokia 920 could blow up in her hands by just pointing at it. :-) 

• Reply 67 of 71

Quote:

Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

My feet and wallet tell me when I need to replace my shoes. Why is this necessary????

Whats next, sensors built in to tell me when I need to wash my clothes or take a shower?

Apple could make a sensor that plugs into your arse and send a notification when you need to take a dump.

• Reply 68 of 71

Will the shoes come with geo-locating?

I could really use a "Where are my shoes?"  app for my idevice.

And they could also add this to clothing.

Because I definitely need a "Where are my pants?"  app.

• Reply 69 of 71
    tkell31tkell31 Posts: 216member
    I have to admit I thought it was a joke when I saw the scribbled diagram, but clicked on it anyway and the story was worse than I thought. I think they would be better off with a device implanted in your shoes that tells you to get off your fat a$$ and start exercising.

If this is for real, simple logic would dictate you cant charge much for a device whose only function is to tell you when to replace it.

Oh well, good for a laugh.
  • Reply 70 of 71
    leeronleeron Posts: 1member

I really like it very much in fact I am looking forward to buy it. Before that wanna see the see the demo how it works and what are the functions. saucony shoes australia

• Reply 71 of 71
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    You come a cross as a spammer. Oh well, welcome to the forum.