Sony inks 'iRadio' deal, giving Apple all 3 major labels

Comments

• Reply 41 of 63
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    1983 wrote: »
    So Sony's signed up now too, that's a lot quicker than I thought it would be.

Cue Spotify, last.fm, and Pandora lobbying the DoJ to get them to investigate Apple's collusion and conspiracy to start a streaming music service with the leading evidence being that Sony only singed with Apple after learning that other music labels had inked deals¡
  • Reply 42 of 63
    souliisoulsouliisoul Posts: 827member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Sure it has. Any examples?

TS depends on how you define unethical behaviour, since people have their own definition of what is deemed unethical. For example having one of the  lowest tax payment for Biggest US Corporate company, maybe deemed unethical, since Apple can afford to pay more taxes and should set shining example to other companies  trying to found legal loopholes to not pay tax.

I personally am in two minds about this issue, since for one, I am very small but still Apple shareholder and more money in Apple means better retirement fund for me, BUT USA requires the taxes to support their moral and ethical commitments to certain areas of the community and the people cannot foot that bill.

I found this article very interesting simpler because the author admired Apple, but understood why people wet in uproar.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/7868/apple-icheat-how-the-world-s-biggest-company-also-became-the-most-unethical

• Reply 43 of 63
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

For example having one of the  lowest tax payment for Biggest US Corporate company, maybe deemed unethical, since Apple can afford to pay more taxes and should set shining example to other companies  trying to found legal loopholes to not pay tax.

Maybe they "do things different in India", but no one here is clamoring to be the one to pay the most taxes.

So go ahead and try to claim it's unethical for anyone or anything to pay the least amount of tax legally required.

Thanks for the link; now I know never to go that site again.

• Reply 44 of 63

TS your so in Apple koolaid, I was just making an open opinion and you think I against Apple, sorry mate, I have my eyes wide open, not like you.

Indians invented the scheme to dodge taxes and have probably have the most number of Swiss bank accounts in the world.

Edit: here is link you will not like http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/business/apples-tax-strategy-aims-at-low-tax-states-and-nations.html?ref=business&_r=0

• Reply 45 of 63

TS your so in Apple koolaid, I was just making an open opinion…

You posted an article stating exactly what I said and you have the gall to claim otherwise? Shut up.

• Reply 46 of 63

Quote:

You posted an article stating exactly what I said and you have the gall to claim otherwise? Shut up.

Sorry not at kindergarden and I am writing my opinions, not speaking, you on FIRE today..lol

Wjy do you think I posted article, damn you are too serious, do you want me to make you strawberry milkshakeimage

Edit: I am not easily bullied in open opinion forum or in REAL life.

• Reply 47 of 63
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member

Quote:

Come off it. Now. You're better than this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

I don't agree with you.

So, any examples?

You two "trolls" are baiting me so that Anaksunamu would lambast me again. You just want to see a grown man cry.

But seriously, you two pride yourselves as somewhat knowledgeable Apple historians. So I do not for a second believe that you don't know of any actions taken by Apple that can be considered in violation of ethics. If you want to pretend that's the case, it doesn't ruffle my feathers. If your next trick is to accuse me of avoidance, save your time. The fact is large and successful companies are like politicians, every single one has closed one eye if not both at some point.

• Reply 48 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

get lost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

Up yours.

Quote:

Shut up.

Everyone looking forward to a nice weekend?

• Reply 49 of 63

Originally Posted by StruckPaper View Post

…nice…

Problem is, I've been having a bad decade. image

Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

So I do not for a second believe that you don't know of any actions taken by Apple that can be considered in violation of ethics. 

Good for you. I have memory problems. And I can't recall anything of that sort, which would, of course, stick out in my mind given that Apple doesn't really do that schtick. 

If you want to pretend that's the case, it doesn't ruffle my feathers. If your next trick is to accuse me of avoidance, save your time.

Either support your argument in the first place or, again, shut up.

• Reply 50 of 63

Quote:

You two "trolls" are baiting me so that Anaksunamu would lambast me again. You just want to see a grown man cry.

But seriously, you two pride yourselves as somewhat knowledgeable Apple historians. So I do not for a second believe that you don't know of any actions taken by Apple that can be considered in violation of ethics. If you want to pretend that's the case, it doesn't ruffle my feathers. If your next trick is to accuse me of avoidance, save your time. The fact is large and successful companies are like politicians, every single one has closed one eye if not both at some point.

Another person with open eyes, could not say it better myself, yes I am shareholder, but I work for a corporation, which has good ethics, but we do have our black holes, every company does.

TS would you stand in front of a judge and swear on the good book that Apple is 100% moral/ethical...let me read your answer, this should be interesting

Edit: I know Apple is overall ethical company, but point is every company has their dark secrets and it would be silly to think otherwise.

• Reply 51 of 63

Quote:

Off topic: Actually yes 7 more days and I am off to Beijing, Seoul and Manila, should be fun, but hard work

• Reply 52 of 63
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    souliisoul wrote: »
    Off topic: Actually yes 7 more days and I am off to Beijing, Seoul and Manila, should be fun, but hard work

I hope it's not to compete in the Olympics otherwise you're late for the first two and really early for the last, assuming they even win the bid.
  • Reply 53 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I hope it's not to compete in the Olympics otherwise you're late for the first two and really early for the last, assuming they even win the bid.

hahaha image

• Reply 54 of 63
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member

I am open minded and will give it a shot. I have been using Pandora for a very long time, way before it was on phones. So over all those years I have created a lot of stations and rated thousands of songs. Some people say Pandora is not good at selecting song choices and that may be true but I can vouch that it works extremely well for me. It amazes me that I almost never skip a song anymore. It might have taken years and thousands of ratings to train it well, but it does work for me. I am interested to see how Apple will do.

• Reply 55 of 63
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

get lost.

Quote:

Up yours.

Quote:

Shut up.

Hmmm.... any context?

• Reply 56 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

I am open minded and will give it a shot. I have been using Pandora for a very long time, way before it was on phones. So over all those years I have created a lot of stations and rated thousands of songs. Some people say Pandora is not good at selecting song choices and that may be true but I can vouch that it works extremely well for me. It amazes me that I almost never skip a song anymore. It might have taken years and thousands of ratings to train it well, but it does work for me. I am interested to see how Apple will do.

I hoping Apple does something very innovative and surprise me, but this market is old, so not holding out hope, but I be one of the  first to use the service, If it stands above the rest.

• Reply 57 of 63

Quote:

Problem is, I've been having a bad decade. image

Good for you. I have memory problems. And I can't recall anything of that sort, which would, of course, stick out in my mind given that Apple doesn't really do that schtick. 

Either support your argument in the first place or, again, shut up.

Nope. I won't shut up. Overall, I am a more reasonable and rational person than you. I don't have memory problems (or don't remember any). And I have not been rude to you (lately). So I don't see why I should shut up.

• Reply 58 of 63

Nope. I won't shut up.

There was an or in there. I assume you have examples, then? Really beating around the bush.

• Reply 59 of 63

Quote:

I hoping Apple does something very innovative and surprise me, but this market is old, so not holding out hope, but I be one of the  first to use the service, If it stands above the rest.

Is this market old? For sure, it is not mature. Apple may just do what it does best - take something that has shown its promise and make it vastly more popular.

• Reply 60 of 63

Quote:

Another person with open eyes, could not say it better myself, yes I am shareholder, but I work for a corporation, which has good ethics, but we do have our black holes, every company does.

TS would you stand in front of a judge and swear on the good book that Apple is 100% moral/ethical...let me read your answer, this should be interesting

Edit: I know Apple is overall ethical company, but point is every company has their dark secrets and it would be silly to think otherwise.

Thanks. But ... black holes? That ... sucks. :D

Seriously, black hole is not the right metaphor in this context.