Apple expands WWDC banners to wrap Metreon, adds '7' and 'X' signage

Comments

• Reply 21 of 168
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    It's a math conference. The 7 and X are probably part of an algebraic equation. 7X = ???
  • Reply 22 of 168
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

I suppose spreading the word is an end in itself, but I still don't really understand why they're so prominently advertising a conference that has already sold out.  It'd be cooler if they had some covered banners for whatever they're going to announce, then unveil them at the precise time they get announced in the keynote.

• Reply 23 of 168
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

It's a math conference. The 7 and X are probably part of an algebraic equation. 7X = ???

THERE we go; I want TRULY outlandish, not just disprovable. image

• Reply 24 of 168
    ericboltericbolt Posts: 10member

Maybe the the cat titles have come to an end and they will move to beaches or sea creatures. My prediction is that they call the first one Kona (beach). 

• Reply 25 of 168
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    Post-PC done the right way, not the cold and clinical way. Post-PC done the way of skeuomorphism; something touchable, relatable, and beautiful.

It's a banner for god sake, nothing more. You said it yourself.
  • Reply 26 of 168
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    The nicest banners Apple has ever made. Literally.
  • Reply 27 of 168
    Is that a surf wave on the OS X banner? Looks like the next cat is the Sea Lion! :)
  • Reply 29 of 168
    People please, how more obvious can it be? 10.9 will be called Sea Lion, hence the wave. :P
  • Reply 30 of 168
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member

Quote:

Originally Posted by dacloo View Post

It's a banner for god sake, nothing more. You said it yourself.

It is much more than a banner. It is a message. It was thought about a great deal, it was designed with a purpose in mind. Very few man made things are ever 'just'. Well designed 'things' never are.

• Reply 31 of 168
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member

mistake post

• Reply 32 of 168
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,727member

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxman View Post

It is much more than a banner. It is a message. It was thought about a great deal, it was designed with a purpose in mind. Very few man made things are ever 'just'. Well designed 'things' never are.

Some things are just thought about with more purpose in mind than others.

• Reply 33 of 168
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,727member

The overlapping icon rectangles with mixing colours indicate more/better inter-app communication.

• Reply 34 of 168
    gordiogordio Posts: 69member

There's no cats behind the X.  I wonder if they're not doing felines anymore.

• Reply 35 of 168
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    B
    gordio wrote: »
    There's no cats behind the X.  I wonder if they're not doing felines anymore.
    I'm all for it. Mainly so I don't have to read the hundred stupid comments about the new name.
  • Reply 36 of 168
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member

Just to get it out of the way:  FAILNOTE.

Ok.  Back to regular programming.

Banners are looking nice.  Light, translucent buttons/icons.  Slim lettering.  Lots of open space.

• Reply 37 of 168
    ronboronbo Posts: 669member
    Seems to be a lot of questions about what the wave represent.

To me, it seems to be a picture of "AQUA". Not necessarily seeing much beyond that. Though it's an especially dynamic form of aqua.
  • Reply 38 of 168
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    hmm...I'm not seeing the skeuomorphism in the 7 banner. How are gray dots skeuomorphic?
  • Reply 39 of 168

Waving goodbye to OS X = 10? Next year onwards it will be OS Xi = 11? Only Apple knows. image

• Reply 40 of 168
    macharry demacharry de Posts: 126member
    Slim, sportive, reduced, simple, soth, sexy.

A big wave is coming. Ride it with your board or stand against it like the PC Universe.

The mighty wave will ...