Sony inks 'iRadio' deal, giving Apple all 3 major labels

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63
    wakefinancewakefinance Posts: 855member
    lkrupp wrote: »
    Just keep in mind that the objective is to make money, not please everyone. Why we expect altruism and warm fuzzies out of a capitalistic corporation I don't know.

I wish more people on this site would realize this.
  • Reply 62 of 63
    souliisoul wrote: »
    TS depends on how you define unethical behaviour, since people have their own definition of what is deemed unethical. For example having one of the  lowest tax payment for Biggest US Corporate company, maybe deemed unethical, since Apple can afford to pay more taxes and should set shining example to other companies  trying to found legal loopholes to not pay tax.

I personally am in two minds about this issue, since for one, I am very small but still Apple shareholder and more money in Apple means better retirement fund for me, BUT USA requires the taxes to support their moral and ethical commitments to certain areas of the community and the people cannot foot that bill.

I found this article very interesting simpler because the author admired Apple, but understood why people wet in uproar.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/7868/apple-icheat-how-the-world-s-biggest-company-also-became-the-most-unethical

I think if you put yourself in Apple's shoes, and forget about shareholders for a second, you would come to 2 conclusions.

1) if I pay 30% in taxes, I'm contributing to my community, to rebuilding of highways, etc etc.

2) If I take deductions and loopholes, and contribute a very small amount, I'm doing my part in contributing the least amount of money to the drone program that kills hundreds of innocent civilians. I'm contributing the least to a government that has veered far away from its constitution. And I can use the money that I save to give to charities that actually contribute to human advancement.
  • Reply 63 of 63
    souliisoulsouliisoul Posts: 827member

Quote:

Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

Thanks. But ... black holes? That ... sucks. :D

Seriously, black hole is not the right metaphor in this context. 

Well reason I used black hole, was because anything that goes in, never heard of or seen. Majority of unethical behaviour in companies are never heard of or seen. Your opinion not right context, but I think it is.