Apple to stream WWDC 2013 keynote to Apple TV, official website

Comments

• Reply 21 of 85
    davemcm76davemcm76 Posts: 268member

Quote:

Originally Posted by markbriton View Post

6pm in the UK. Just tying to work out how I can sneak out of work early without my boss noticing image

That was exactly my thought.... I've got a 5:30pm finish and a 35 minute drive home so I should just about get in for the start if I bend a few speed limits along the way and don't hit too much traffic :)

Can't wait to see what Jony's influence in iOS is like and what OSX is bringing in 10.9 :) 

• Reply 22 of 85
    curtis hannahcurtis hannah Posts: 1,833member
    Can you play the event from IOS, or Mac OS?
  • Reply 23 of 85
    dick applebaumdick applebaum Posts: 12,527member
    markbriton wrote: »
    6pm in the UK. Just tying to work out how I can sneak out of work early without my boss noticing :)

No AppleTVs at the office or the local TechPubs?
  • Reply 24 of 85
    ifij775ifij775 Posts: 470member
    Can you play the event from IOS, or Mac OS?
    Yes, with Safari, according to the press release..
  • Reply 25 of 85
    Can i streaming the event in my PS3?
  • Reply 26 of 85
    Expect a dive In AAPL tonight after WWDC .
  • Reply 27 of 85
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,801member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacHarry de View Post

Haha. Everybody without Apple TV, buy one. Haha

Or you could just watch on your Mac...

Haha. Everybody without a Mac, buy on. Haha

• Reply 28 of 85
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Awesome!! I will be watching it on my Apple TV and hope their servers keep up.
  • Reply 29 of 85
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    I think myself and most people are expecting way too much out of apple today. iOS and OSX could literally be all that's announced.

But here we are with people thinking we'll get Apple TV iOS, MacBook pros, airs, iMacs, minis, Mac pros, airports, redesigned iPad and an outside shot of a retina mini. Some even think there's a a potential Apple TV upgrade or iWatch.

I'm going to re-tame my expectations to iOS, OSX, and one of the above to be satisfied. Otherwise, it's simply unrealistic.
  • Reply 30 of 85
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,403member
    Expect a dive In AAPL tonight after WWDC .

Normally, I would agree with you. But I am betting it's going to go the other way today. (At least, that is what my options position is hoping....)
  • Reply 31 of 85
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveMcM76 View Post

That was exactly my thought.... I've got a 5:30pm finish and a 35 minute drive home so I should just about get in for the start if I bend a few speed limits along the way and don't hit too much traffic :)

Can't wait to see what Jony's influence in iOS is like and what OSX is bringing in 10.9 :) 

You can do it without breaking the speed limit. Buy a roll or sticky tape (unless you have a dash holder) and tape your iPad / phone to the dash. Now you can watch while driving. best of both worlds.... I think.

• Reply 32 of 85

bitch please, for the other people windows , linux users go to http://www.ustream.tv/ltktv

and yes, we dont have Apple Tv , Macs ...and other apple device. and yes we can watch it.

bye bye.

• Reply 33 of 85
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Normally, I would agree with you. But I am betting it's going to go the other way today. (At least, that is what my options position is hoping....)

Nope dive sounds right. If they don't announce eveythng from the rumors then there was a 'delay' and that'll be seen as bad.

If they do, then at least one thing was a stupid move (copying MS etc). Bad

If they don't announce something that wasn't in the rumors then they failed in their secrecy claims. Bad.
  • Reply 34 of 85
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

I think myself and most people are expecting way too much out of apple today. iOS and OSX could literally be all that's announced.

But here we are with people thinking we'll get Apple TV iOS, MacBook pros, airs, iMacs, minis, Mac pros, airports, redesigned iPad and an outside shot of a retina mini. Some even think there's a a potential Apple TV upgrade or iWatch.

I'm going to re-tame my expectations to iOS, OSX, and one of the above to be satisfied. Otherwise, it's simply unrealistic.

Par for the course, I'm afraid. As soon as everything that has been endlessly foretold is announced this forum (and every tech article out there) will announce their disappointment at the lack of Wow!. 

• Reply 35 of 85
    theothergeofftheothergeoff Posts: 2,081member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacHarry de View Post

Haha. Everybody without Apple TV, buy one. Haha

buy 2... you'll need them.

luckily I got 2 (guest room and main theater).  My wife can still watch her stuff (I won't say the source, but let's just say Transmission is my friend) Airplaying from her iPad into the the 5.1... I guess I'm off to the guest room for lunch today;-)

• Reply 36 of 85
    chabigchabig Posts: 641member

The news here isn’t that Apple will stream the keynote. The news is that this is another example of the app as a channel. If Apple is going to take our TVs down that road, this will serve as a demonstration to the media giants that Apple's technology works.

• Reply 37 of 85
    isaidsoisaidso Posts: 750member

This is probably the biggest surprise of the whole event.

Meowwww!

• Reply 38 of 85
    theothergeofftheothergeoff Posts: 2,081member

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Apple is up on the rumors 20 minutes into the trading day... my guess it will dive this afternoon....

and then... trickle up the rest of the month.   last year it dropped 1% WWDC week, then went up 5% the next month.

Same for the 2011.

Same for 2010

Same for 2009.  For those whose long term memory is faltering Apple was at 144 June 5, 136 June 12 (WWDC keynote June 7), By the end of July it was 163 (+20% in 6 weeks).

• Reply 39 of 85
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Brothers in Australia, enjoy your 3.00 am rise!

If they go flat they better come out with something great, like NOT making everything flat. 

And we better have more than just OS updates and new MBA. I really don't know how the fanboys can stand seeing Apple going down the toilet with almost no innovation.  Incremental updates with parts not even design by Apple is not innovation. After 9 months they must have something up there sleeves. Otherwise, well they are just bad, really bad.

• Reply 40 of 85
    techguy911techguy911 Posts: 269member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Likely just iOS and OSX, at most 1 new hardware announcement. 

I just care about iOS, we need a big update with some exciting changes and features.  If it's another iOS version with 200+ new features on paper, but basically looks and works the same, I'm gonna be disappointed.