Apple reveals overhauled iOS 7 with vibrant, more colorful design

Comments

• Reply 40 of 464
    r00fusr00fus Posts: 245member
    Love the flat design for the most part. Icons are a bit too gaudy. Control center - finally - one feature most Android phones have (with horrible UI), that Apple needed to implement. Looks perfect - esp. from lock screen.
  • Reply 42 of 464
    pendergastpendergast Posts: 1,358member

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradPro View Post

Why pastel colors? As an adult, I was hoping for something more sophisticated and less like a ~$500 coloring book. I'll wait and see how this looks in person.

In the meantime...Kids will love it!

They're not pastel, they're more Caribbean or Californian.

• Reply 43 of 464
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by garbage View Post

Wow. Maybe apple should ask Microsoft for some design tips.

A washed out, over-busy version of their old over-saturated candy style. This is going to tank big time. Ive should have kept to hardware.

This is quite shocking as I'm sure Apple has some top graphic designers working for them but this... ohmygod.

Waah waah.

Originally Posted by ShadowT74 View Post

Apple screwed up massively with their "Maps" and still haven't completely recovered

Eric Schmidt, please get off our website.

Originally Posted by rjc999 View Post

Lots of design features lifted straight from competitors

lol.

where's the outrage? 

Well, you're a troll and whining about it on an Apple site. There's the outrage. Shut up and go away.

• Reply 44 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by tribalogical View Post

What I want to know is, what is that DEVICE they are showing all the screen shots on???

http://live.appleinsider.com/Event/Live_from_Apples_WWDC_2013/78887965

Looks like a rendering of iPhone 5 with the parts of the top and bottom clipped off.

• Reply 45 of 464
    elliots11elliots11 Posts: 290member

Flat?  I guess in some ways, but that home screen tilt feature is as 3D as you can possibly get.  

I think this is a great redesign, perhaps incorporating some of the ideas of flat design, but pretty much in a class of its own.  If they'd gone as flat as some speculated it wouldn't feel special at all.  This looks great and I can't wait to try it out.

• Reply 46 of 464

In this thread, we'll hear from a bunch of non-designers who have poor taste and could never design anything themselves and who don't at all properly represent the mainstream public complain endlessly about "poor design". 

Sigh.

• Reply 47 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by garbage View Post

It's just so random, every screen is different, no consistency at all. This is bad design pure and simple. And those colors! It's like Vista glass and Android had a weird baby with Windows Phone. It's just shockingly bad.

Here's our first Samsung paid shill posting straight from Korea.

• Reply 48 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliots11 View Post

Flat?  I guess in some ways, but that home screen tilt feature is as 3D as you can possibly get.  

I think this is a great redesign, perhaps incorporating some of the ideas of flat design, but pretty much in a class of its own.  If they'd gone as flat as some speculated it wouldn't feel special at all.  This looks great and I can't wait to try it out.

Prognosticators were the ones preaching "flat".

This is more "clean". 

It still has transparency, textures, etc. It's much more open feeling, which actually makes the display seem bigger. 

• Reply 49 of 464

There will likely be features not shown for both the iPhone 5S and new iPads. I for one love the new design and functionality. It is not only beautiful, but looks to add more functionality without adding gimmicks or complexity. Apple has defiantly maintained its OS superiority with this.

• Reply 50 of 464
    Looks disgusting. Dayglo saturated colours and busy icons. Oh dear
  • Reply 51 of 464
    pottsypottsy Posts: 3member
    Not keen on this new design...
  • Reply 52 of 464
    davidgrdavidgr Posts: 2member

Still no customized home screen.  Still no widgets.  meh

• Reply 53 of 464
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member

Side note-

Welcome all brand-new posters with less than 10 posts to tell everyone how much the new iOS sucks.  We all really value your input.

• Reply 54 of 464
    jhende7jhende7 Posts: 62member

Actually really liking the design and  enjoying the new usability features. The icons though....back to the drawing board guys.

• Reply 55 of 464
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member

Two thumbs up. I loved the new look. I liked the consistence of look across the OS, the clean design, and the innovative use of animations. I also liked the control center addition, which things like a flash light added. iRadio also looks like it has the potential to kill Pandora. It will for me. 

• Reply 56 of 464
    Why does "New Coke" come to mind?
  • Reply 57 of 464
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Davidgr 

Still no customized home screen.  Still no widgets.  meh

Shut up and go away. Three years and that's the best trolling you can do? At least do something that doesn't take five seconds to prove wrong, you moron.

Originally Posted by WoodstockAEB View Post

Why does "New Coke" come to mind?

Because you're an idiot paid troll. NEXT!

• Reply 58 of 464
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhende7 View Post

Actually really liking the design and  enjoying the new usability features. The icons though....back to the drawing board guys.

I liked the look of most of them. The Safari icon will take some getting used to. 

• Reply 59 of 464

Tim Cook and team should be very proud of this WWDC. There was a lot of great stuff presented there. Mostly I want to say how great Craig Federighi was presenting. They really need to give him more stage time as he was really really great.

• Reply 60 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjc999 View Post

Lots of design features lifted straight from competitors, where's the outrage? Control Center has been in Android for years. The App Switcher is basically lifted from WebOS/Ice Cream Sandwich. Omnibox search in Safari finally arrived, but Chrome had it way before. Speaking of Chrome, the tab switcher in mobile Safari looks exactly like the design in Chrome for iOS/Android except it is slightly angled. Sharing state across browsers? Invented by Chrome.

Imagine the outrage if someone had a patent on these features and sued Apple, but yet if someone even uses an icon that looks similar to an Apple design, cries go out of "THEFT!"

Props to Apple for the new Mac Pro, and the new iCloud apps, but the new iOS7 design is clearly "inspired" if not outright copied, from other mobile OSes, Apple needs to drop the obnoxious claims of ripoffs if they're going to engage in hypocrisy and patent trolling.

You do know that Chrome is/was built off of Webkit, right?