Apple reveals overhauled iOS 7 with vibrant, more colorful design

Comments

• Reply 61 of 464
    garbagegarbage Posts: 12member

This is just... words fail me

Also is the song title a subtle message from Jony Ive on his interface design chops? image

• Reply 62 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Shut up and go away. Three years and that's the best trolling you can do? At least do something that doesn't take five seconds to prove wrong, you moron.

Because you're an idiot paid troll. NEXT!

I wish I was paid, and I'm glad I don't have to pay for a watered-down version of a Windows Phone GUI.

• Reply 63 of 464
    sdo2000 wrote: »
    So completely skipping ios7 on ipad... Does this mean there will be a tweeked version for ipads and they didn't want to show anything till the new ones come out?

They said they'd release a beta for iPad in the coming weeks
  • Reply 64 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

What's with all the new accounts? Nevermind, I forgot. Business as usual.

Waiting for some idiot to talk about multitasking as if iOS just added it - it's been there all along, all Apple had to do was "flip a switch" to activate it.

So then it wasn't there all along...

• Reply 65 of 464
    Nope, there's more than one who doesn't like it. I, for one, liked the dimensional look to the way the apps floated over the screen, and the material like touches to them. It gave them weight, and made everything look polished and well thought out. This design takes all of that away - too colorful, too flat - boring icon images with hurt your eyes color. Don't care for it at all, and this is coming from a long-time Apple and iOS user. I'm sure I'll upgrade, and I like some of the features coming to OS X and LOVE the idea of the iWork in iCloud upgrade, but I'm not happy about the visual design change at all. If I wasn't so invested in the architecture and wanting to use iWork in iCloud, I'd probably upgrade my Mac and leave my iPhone and iPad the way they are. :(
  • Reply 66 of 464
    pendergastpendergast Posts: 1,358member

Quote:

Originally Posted by GadgetCanadaV2 View Post

Tim Cook and team should be very proud of this WWDC. There was a lot of great stuff presented there. Mostly I want to say how great Craig Federighi was presenting. They really need to give him more stage time as he was really really great.

He was the best Apple presenter since Jobs.

The less Tim Cook can be up there, the better. Nothing against him... Craig can make things seem magical, while Tim can't.

• Reply 67 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodstockAEB View Post

I wish I was paid, and I'm glad I don't have to pay for a watered-down version of a Windows Phone GUI.

Because this looks exactly like Windows Phone.

Right.

Now we know why you're not paid, all that crazy talk must make it hard to hold down a job.

• Reply 68 of 464

Quote:

Shut up and go away. Three years and that's the best trolling you can do? At least do something that doesn't take five seconds to prove wrong, you moron.

So there are widgets?  I didn't get to watch the whole show.

• Reply 69 of 464
    steven n.steven n. Posts: 1,229member

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

Ok first, I owe the world an apology.  I said Craig was a horrible presenter.  He's actually very good, humorous and funny.

Having said that, I hope the new look of iOS grows on me.  I'm not crazy about it so far.  There is a lot to like w/ multitasking, etc, but the icon colors and such are kinda gimmicky to me.

Probably not a popular opinion here, but it's mine and I'm entitled to it.  I am not hating on what Jonny has done, he's brilliant, but those icons...just not for me.

I agree on the application icons. They went too simply IMO and I kinda liked gloss. On the flip side, the fact all the apps have a very consistent look and feel is simply stunning at the system wide level. The new photo browser is great. The new camera app is nice and I am sure the iPhone will be used to share even more pics. The calendar looks like it picked up some much needed TLC.

But I think I will miss a bit of the "gloss".

• Reply 70 of 464

I guess the Samsung/Google astroturfing crew is out in force today.

• Reply 71 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakefinance View Post

It was there, but restricted to preserve battery life since iOS 4. 

• Reply 72 of 464
    steven n.steven n. Posts: 1,229member

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakefinance View Post

Multi-tasking? Since iOS 4.0. They added some new modes.

• Reply 73 of 464
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member

Had to sell my options that comes to expirations before jan 2014 and went short with a little cash. I really love the cars deal, the Apple TV mac screen which could be used over airplay. 

The flat interface is a risky move. Apple will get flame all over the net for cloning windows 8. 

The Mac pro looks nice, but what about upgradability?  I saw it has a few PCI slots, but other than that I didn't see much else.

Macbook air battery life increase is nice. I wonder how they pulled it off. It could be IGZO

• Reply 74 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

Because this looks exactly like Windows Phone.

Right.

Now we know why you're not paid, all that crazy talk must make it hard to hold down a job.

Oh, give it time. iOS was its own unique model that others tried to copy, and now by trying to eliminate the skeuomorphism, Apple is attempting to emulate the flat, drab look of Windows 8. That's why I mentioned New Coke — Coca-Cola tried to copy a competitor they were soundly thumping.

• Reply 75 of 464
    dick applebaumdick applebaum Posts: 12,527member
    gtr wrote: »
    Faaaaaaaaaaaark!

Very. Very. Impressive.

It's almost like Apple ran through the list of all our gripes until there was nothing left for us to complain about. That's going to make some people on this site very, very unhappy, not to mention leaving them with a new void to fill in life.

THIS is what a standing ovation while typing looks like!

^^^^ THIS TOO!

Best line: "Stopped innovating -- my ass!" -- Phil Schiller
  • Reply 76 of 464

I think it is awesome and I want it now. 

• Reply 77 of 464

Wow. What a hideous UI. I'm still in a bit a shock from what I just witnessed.  I cannot believe Apple would even reveal an interface like this to the public. 

• Reply 78 of 464
    davidgrdavidgr Posts: 2member

Quote:

Because you're an idiot paid troll. NEXT!

Wow, you are very nasty.  Your mother must be very proud of you.

Guess you've had alot of free time to post over 20,000 times.  Maybe go outside.  Take a walk.  Lift your eyes from the screen.  You'll feel better and will act less cranky.

• Reply 79 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodstockAEB View Post

Oh, give it time. iOS was its own unique model that others tried to copy, and now by trying to eliminate the skeuomorphism, Apple is attempting to emulate the flat, drab look of Windows 8. That's why I mentioned New Coke — Coca-Cola tried to copy a competitor they were soundly thumping.

iOS 7 is in no way "flat".

• Reply 80 of 464
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member

If you bought an iphone/ipad in the last 1.8 years, you did pay for 7.