Apple reveals overhauled iOS 7 with vibrant, more colorful design

Comments

• Reply 101 of 464

• Reply 102 of 464
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

It's not flat and it looks nothing like Windows. Seriously?

Battery life increases are due to software and Haswell.

Well, I do think the new interface is very clean. I like the background effects. But its a move toward a flat interface, like windows 8. Its not exactly the same of course.  Well Android and iOS now have very different looks.

If the battery life is just achieved with Haswell, they using IGZO later on will return amazing battery life.

• Reply 103 of 464
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

90% like the cleaner look, 10% gimmick showing off the degrees of freedom and animations. Shoot the fool who signed off on Safari's icon.

Craig's constant jabs at Scott reveals how their relationship deteriorated over the years, as each person's position of rank moved up. These guys used to get a long at NeXT and Apple when they weren't executives.

Everything is a frosty view isn't wowing me. Being able to slide change the opacity in a setting somewhere with a different base color would be a nice personal touch.

I agree entirely.  Especially about the Safari icon, what were they thinking?  

That and OS X "Mavericks" are just astoundingly bad/tacky.  Whatever made them think that the whole world is as enamoured of California and surfing as they are at Apple?  After the Sea Lion joke that preceded it, absolutely everyone in the room where I was assumed that "Mavericks" was an equally tacky joke name.  Jaws dropped when it became apparent that it wasn't. 

• Reply 104 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zish View Post

Apple is ruined!!!useless crap!

Oh that's nice you decided to join today, just to make negative comments. Good for you :)

• Reply 105 of 464
    Device appears to be a new not released iPad doesn't it?
  • Reply 106 of 464

Quote:

I didn't realize you're the ultimate authority. Am I supposed to pay tithes to you?

Did you even watch the presentation, or are you just looking at blurry photos?

My point, sweetie, is I don't like it, much to your chagrin. Sorry if I'm not a slavish Apple acolyte who readily laps up whatever crap these post-Jobs hacks want to pinch out.

If I don't like how it looks, no amount of berating from the faithful will force me to think otherwise.

• Reply 107 of 464
    stoobsstoobs Posts: 40member

I really want to judge it for myself, but I'm still waiting for the developer center to load...

*twiddles thumbs*

• Reply 108 of 464
    Wow! Unbelievably awesome.. Blew away my expectations. Apple has put itself years ahead of any so called competition once again.

NB The trolls coming in here out of nowhere with their sleeper accounts to trash apple are beyond pathetic.
  • Reply 109 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodstockAEB View Post

My point, sweetie, is I don't like it, much to your chagrin. Sorry if I'm not a slavish Apple acolyte who readily laps up whatever crap these post-Jobs hacks want to pinch out.

If I don't like how it looks, no amount of berating from the faithful will force me to think otherwise.

That's nice, but don't waste your time here.  NEXT!

• Reply 110 of 464
    tt92618tt92618 Posts: 444member

If the developer portal is any sign of interest, then results are very positive; the entire thing is down right now, I presume because of the hordes of developers trying to download IOS7 as we speak.

• Reply 111 of 464
    thepixeldocthepixeldoc Posts: 2,257member
    steven n. wrote: »
    I agree on the application icons. They went too simply IMO and I kinda liked gloss. On the flip side, the fact all the apps have a very consistent look and feel is simply stunning at the system wide level. The new photo browser is great. The new camera app is nice and I am sure the iPhone will be used to share even more pics. The calendar looks like it picked up some much needed TLC.

But I think I will miss a bit of the "gloss".

You do realize, that if a dev wats a glossy effect on his App... he can now design it that way? Before, you couldn't add gloss because iOS overlayed the gloss on top of what you might have designed, creating a double-gloss.
  • Reply 112 of 464
    koopkoop Posts: 337member

Is this a new thing where accounts are created in the same day just to bash an OS? Seems awfully fishy to me.

Anyway I loved the interface design. Yeah it's a bit more colorful and simplistic, but I find it refreshing myself. Can't wait to try it out.

• Reply 113 of 464
    mwhitecomwhiteco Posts: 112member

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradPro View Post

Why pastel colors? As an adult, I was hoping for something more sophisticated and less like a ~$500 coloring book. I'll wait and see how this looks in person.

In the meantime...Kids will love it!

I love it and I am 62

• Reply 114 of 464
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post

Wow. What a hideous UI. I'm still in a bit a shock from what I just witnessed.  I cannot believe Apple would even reveal an interface like this to the public. 

Originally Posted by Zish View Post

Apple is ruined!!!useless crap!

All together now: SHUT UP AND GO AWAY.

Originally Posted by Robert Hulka View Post

Device appears to be a new not released iPad doesn't it?

Not at all…

Originally Posted by koop View Post

Is this a new thing where accounts are created in the same day just to bash an OS? 

No, they've been doing it for years. Android morons.

• Reply 115 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post

Multi-tasking? Since iOS 4.0. They added some new modes.

Quote:

It was there, but restricted to preserve battery life since iOS 4. 

It wasn't full multitasking until iOS 7, unless you think this new multitasking is exactly like it was before.  If that's the case please explain why they made a big deal about it in the presentation and why the attendees cheered.  It's different now.  It sucked before.  Now it doesn't suck.

• Reply 116 of 464
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Did Ive really get a standing O after that video? Business Insider says so but I don't trust them. :lol:
  • Reply 117 of 464
    td912td912 Posts: 26member
    Lots of nice new features there, but not too keen on some of the new icons and the frosted look of "Control Center".
  • Reply 118 of 464
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member

When will iOS 7 be available for download?

• Reply 119 of 464
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by jd_in_sb View Post

When will iOS 7 be available for download?

Today for devs, when the 7th iPhone comes out in October for everyone else.

• Reply 120 of 464
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    pendergast wrote: »
    I guess the Samsung/Google astroturfing crew is out in force today.
    Yeah amazing how we see all these posts from people where it's their first post or they have a really low post count. I'm calling troll.