Apple to stream WWDC 2013 keynote to Apple TV, official website

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 85
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by JackTheRat View Post

The crap about signing off on quality only when it's done right at the intro obviously does not extend to streaming to their own devices.

Of course it does. That's why the video quality automatically changes based on your connection speed.

• Reply 82 of 85

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Of course it does. That's why the video quality automatically changes based on your connection speed.

I've got a constant 100 Mbps of bandwidth at my end of the pipe and a 5 bar rating for Signal Strength on the Apple TV itself! The same thing happened the last time Apple tried streaming a major Keynote like this.

There's been too many lapses in quality from Apple in recent years with pro applications like Aperture sometimes unusable to basic system wide features obviously not 100% tested prior to release.

We all pay a hefty price premium for the 'pleasure' of owning Apple hardware, it follows that when things go tits up then Apple should feel that displeasure and not crow about getting it right...

• Reply 83 of 85
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    jacktherat wrote: »
    There's been too many lapses in quality from Apple in recent years with pro applications like Aperture sometimes unusable to basic system wide features obviously not 100% tested prior to release.

Really? Haven't experienced the software evolution this way myself.

What system wide feature do you expect from a photo management product?
  • Reply 84 of 85

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Read the post and digest what I said on Aperture and system wide features. Two separate topics...

• Reply 85 of 85
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    jacktherat wrote: »
    philboogie wrote: »

Read the post and digest what I said on Aperture and system wide features. Two separate topics...

Re-read it, still didn't get it. Maybe it's because I'm not American.

Blimey, neither are you.

I'd say Aperture is quite a finished product in terms of quality. And they've kept on refining it for the past 3 (!) years, at no charge. I see no lag, but new features would be welcome though.