Apple announces iTunes Radio for iOS 7, Mac, PC & Apple TV

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Music rights are a nightmare outside the U.S. because each country has its own laws to deal with, and there are so many countries. Will take some time to roll out, and it's not Apple's fault.

It's all done through the same content owners, who don't seem to mind that they can tie things up and charge more in some places than others.

"Regional" is an old concept which has to be replaced with worldwide licensing.

License once, play anywhere.

• Reply 42 of 44
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-Daddy View Post

So when I asked the serious question of "What's the difference between this and Pandora/Spotify?" last week and everyone gave me sarcastic answers. 

I ask again:

"What's the difference between this and Pandora/Spotify?"

Can someone please explain?

One difference

Ad free (iTunes match) costs $25 a year vs $120 for Spotify.

I see no reason to pay such a large "spotify" tax.

• Reply 43 of 44
    mac-daddymac-daddy Posts: 151member

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBell View Post

In a nutshell Pandora was designed to work like Radio (without the annoying DJ's). You pick an artist or artists you like, and it gives you that type of music. It also does comedy (e.g. Eddie Murphy, etc.). Good for discovering new music based on things you like. There are a free ad supported version as well as a paid no ad version. 

Spotify started off letting people listen to the actual songs they like. Now it has branched out a bit and offers a Spotify like service as well (but you can't stream the music for as long (at least not for free)). There is free and paid versions as well. 

Spotify is also owned by the big labels. It pays the artists less then Spotify and iTunes does. iRadio is more like Pandora in that you can't pick the exact song you want to hear. You can pick something like Prince, and it will start off playing a Prince song. It then will pick similar music based on your input. Essentially it is like radio, but better. 

Thank you! Very helpful 

• Reply 44 of 44
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    tbell wrote: »
    You can pick something like Prince, and it will start off playing a Prince song. It then will pick similar music based on your input.

That skinny MF with the high voice? Kidding; I like funky music!