iOS 7 beta: Testers warned when using uncertified Lightning cables

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    jollypauljollypaul Posts: 328member

What sad, meaningless lives some must lead to spend time on a site dedicated to products they don't use. Must be some form of dementia preventing normal mental processes.

• Reply 23 of 26
    arlomediaarlomedia Posts: 271member

If the warning appeared the first time I plugged in a cable, good. If it appeared every time, annoying. I used to have that problem with a car charger and a clock radio. Same warning for each device, day after day after day ... okay, I get it! (I did submit feedback to Apple at the time.)

• Reply 24 of 26
    wigginwiggin Posts: 2,265member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

This makes a lot of sense. Apple should extend this trend to things such as power blocks. Those cheap knock offs sold on Amazon do not work correctly with grounding technology Apple use causing screeds of threads in blogs complaining MBPs tingle when touched ... and most writers being clueless as to why, blaming Apple. image

The worst part of this is the official Apple Support blog is full of this sort of thing. I have long felt Apple should monitor those posts, many folks assume stuff there is true by default.

I've had the exact same thing happen with Apple's own power adaptors. I don't even own a non-Apple built power block for any of my Mac laptops.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Can someone tell me why this would pop up if I don't have any charger or accessory plugged in?
  • Reply 26 of 26
    Can someone tell me why this would pop up if I don't have any charger or accessory plugged in?

Seen messages like that when there is excessive lint completing contacts inside the connector. Try some compressed air and if that doesn't work, take it to the Genius bar and let them clean it out with a tool they have. If they break it probing around it's on them.