'Jobs' starring Ashton Kutcher to hit US theaters nationwide Aug. 16

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Sorkin's work attracts top-drawer talent. 

I think that Sorkin's latest series on HBO sucks. I hope that he doesn't butcher the Steve Jobs movie, by making it totally unrealistic with his unrealistic dialogue.

• Reply 22 of 39
    mac-daddymac-daddy Posts: 151member

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharklasers View Post

You sheep ought to enjoy this site, especially the section about everyone's favorite loser, the one and only, who cannot even afford iPhone5, Tallest Skil:

http://stuff-appletards-say.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

• Reply 23 of 39
    buzzzbuzzz Posts: 84member
    I will watch "Jobs" when it hits Netflix.
  • Reply 24 of 39
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,960member
    apple ][ wrote: »
    I think that Sorkin's latest series on HBO sucks. I hope that he doesn't butcher the Steve Jobs movie, by making it totally unrealistic with his unrealistic dialogue.
    Well, it's not my favorite, but his dialogue is a matter of taste. I find it challenging (in a good way), rather like Shakespeare, it requires your full attention and assumes the listener is literate and has some knowledge of its references. Some don't want that, and I respect that.
  • Reply 25 of 39
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Well, it's not my favorite, but his dialogue is a matter of taste. I find it challenging (in a good way), rather like Shakespeare, it requires your full attention and assumes the listener is literate and has some knowledge of its references. Some don't want that, and I respect that.

I agree that it's a matter of taste. I just find that some of the dialogue comes off as lecturing. It's mostly his political leanings that I don't care for.

• Reply 26 of 39
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    I wonder how many Mexicans are going to show up for the 'Jobs'?

[SIZE=2]In poor taste I know but I couldn't help myself[/SIZE]
  • Reply 27 of 39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chandra69 View Post

When it will be in UK?

...As soon as they dub it in UK English.

• Reply 28 of 39

"Jobs," the biopic about Apple co-founder Steve Jobs starring Ashton Kutcher pretending to be Steve Jobs acting like Ashton Kutcher.

• Reply 29 of 39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzz View Post

I will watch "Jobs" when it hits Netflix.

I'm waiting for them to turn it into a book.

• Reply 30 of 39

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I don't follow these things but Kutcher is Demi Moore's son right?

Yeah, and she made him sleep in the bed with her until he grew up and discovered girls. 

• Reply 31 of 39

Quote:

"Jobs," the biopic about Apple co-founder Steve Jobs starring Ashton Kutcher pretending to be Steve Jobs acting like Ashton Kutcher.

I saw a trailer for this movie a while ago, and that was pretty much it!  No way will I waste time watching this movie, even for free. 

• Reply 32 of 39
    s.metcalfs.metcalf Posts: 972member
    I can smell the stench of flop from here...
  • Reply 33 of 39
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member

Kutcher's millions of Twitter followers are giving them some confidence that it'll do okay on the big screen. 

I'll check it out & probably like it as long as it has the requisite digs at Microsoft and Google. 

Heck, if i can sit through Oblivion I can tolerate anything.

• Reply 34 of 39
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    s.metcalf wrote: »
    I can smell the stench of flop from here...

I smell the stench of "content taken as irrefutable fact" for an entirely new generation of Anti-Apple Kiddos.
  • Reply 35 of 39
    kdarlingkdarling Posts: 1,640member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I smell the stench of "content taken as irrefutable fact" for an entirely new generation of Anti-Apple Kiddos.

Bad facts are bad facts, in every case.

Just listen to the historical mistakes in this clip alone, such as Jobs talking about WYSIWYG... while Woz was still designing the Apple I. 

• Reply 36 of 39
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    jollypaul wrote: »
    Is that Kurt Cobain on the left in the picture?

Ron Eldard. Town drunk in Super 8.
  • Reply 37 of 39
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    kdarling wrote: »
    Bad facts are bad facts, in every case.

Just listen to the historical mistakes in this clip alone, such as Jobs talking about WYSIWYG... while Woz was still designing the Apple I. 

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Wow, that looks bad. Kutcher has the charisma of a gold fish in that scene.
  • Reply 38 of 39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Wow, that looks bad. Kutcher has the charisma of a gold fish in that scene.

I have to disagree, I have several tanks of fish and goldfish have MORE charisma than Kutcher in that scene.

• Reply 39 of 39
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    The New York Post reports that Ashton Kutcher, the actor who plays Steve Jobs in the movie "Job"s, may sign a $10M deal to [I]promote Windows PC's for Lenovo[/I].:err:

Odd timing. . .