Apple now adding 500,000 new iTunes accounts per day

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AjbDtc826 View Post

I dunno about this one

It's an extrapolation of data points. I'm suspicious too since iTunes is not available for Android and all the other mobile operating systems and I don't know if iTunes can be sync from a PC or Mac to an Android device.

• Reply 22 of 35
    I think Apple is best positioned to move its ecosystem any direction that makes most sense: Like Amazon, Apple has a large content store with credit cards on file. Like Google, it has an ad network that can popular cloud services. Like Samsung, it generate large sales from popular devices.

Apple is the only company that generates profit from all three! Well, maybe not iAd, but that could change with iTunes Radio and Apple TV.
  • Reply 23 of 35
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    lkrupp wrote: »
    It's an extrapolation of data points. I'm suspicious too since iTunes is not available for Android and all the other mobile operating systems and I don't know if iTunes can be sync from a PC or Mac to an Android device.

No but music bought from iTunes can be put on a Android device. There's software called doubletwist that does it conveniently and it looks very much like iTunes but it's not a store just a music manager.
  • Reply 24 of 35
    magic_almagic_al Posts: 325member

That's over double the net population growth of the planet. Probably neither growth rate is sustainable.

• Reply 25 of 35
    Dan_DilgerDan_Dilger Posts: 1,583member
    If you guys have forgotten: iTunes works with PCs and iPods.

Plenty of people have a feature phone or a cheap Android or blackberry and use an iPod touch for music and apps. And of course there are 100s of millions of other iPod users, many on PCs.
  • Reply 26 of 35
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    customtb wrote:

I dont understand this premise of wanting a new cheap iphone over a two year old model.

Would a cheaper iPhone be any better than their two year old model?

So while a new cheap iPhone would/will be a new design and according to rumors available in colors, it won't be that "new" under the hood.

Lightning, a 4" display, probably a newer chip over the 4, and perhaps a better camera. And like you said, colours.

The average consumer wouldn't want that over the 4? LOL

The 5S would be differentiated with a 13MP iSight camera, larger storage options, a higher quality FaceTime camera, an extremely thin and light machined aluminium design, a fingerprint sensor, and possibly even NFC (though not likely on that front).
  • Reply 27 of 35

Plenty of people have a feature phone or a cheap Android or blackberry and use an iPod touch for music and apps. And of course there are 100s of millions of other iPod users, many on PCs.

You don't need an iPod to have an iTunes account. You can buy movies, shows and music and play them on your PC desktop or laptop directly in the iTunes jukebox. And you can also have an iTunes account if the only piece if personal technology you own in your house is an Apple TV.
  • Reply 28 of 35
    gtr wrote: »
    LOL!

Love your signature.

Glass is such a dorky and privacy invasive product.

If Apple bought out anything like that I'd be truly concerned, for the company's future, and for Cook and co's ideals.
  • Reply 29 of 35
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    ireland wrote: »
    If Apple bought out anything like that I'd be truly concerned, for the company's future, and for Cook and co's ideals.

'Course it could just be to keep the tech away from everyone else, like they've done with several patents on invasive advertising.
  • Reply 30 of 35
    512ke512ke Posts: 782member

I hope this is truly good news for Apple.  The cynical part of me wonders if Apple isn't just trying to buffer the coming bad news that smartphone sales (of all manufacturers) are way down this quarter.

• Reply 31 of 35
    blackbookblackbook Posts: 1,361member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Lightning, a 4" display, probably a newer chip over the 4, and perhaps a better camera. And like you said, colours.

The 5S would be differentiated with a 13MP iSight camera, larger storage options, a higher quality FaceTime camera, an extremely thin and light machined aluminium design, a fingerprint sensor, and possibly even NFC (though not likely on that front).

Sounds about right.

But, Apple would have to debut something awe-inspiring in the 5S for the cheaper iPhone not to steal it's thunder.

Even if the cheaper iPhone is slower, fatter, and has a worse camera, most people even on-contract would probably buy it over the 5S because the phones wouldn't be that different.

• Reply 32 of 35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrections View Post

An iPod Touch is a gateway drug. Sure it seems like a simple music player that can play games too... oh, and it can do some other things... But, if you let that go on, in no time it's joined by an iPhone or an iPad. The next thing you know they went full mainline and are using an iMac.

• Reply 33 of 35
    customtbcustomtb Posts: 346member
    ireland wrote: »

Of course they would want it.... Lightning, 4", newer chip, better camera... All great options, but it sounds like you want the 5 at a lower price point and in a few months it will be. But for Apple to have a "cheap" new iPhone they'll have to make substantial cuts somewhere.
  • Reply 34 of 35

Well Android can never get that many accounts per day. It can't exceed iTunes for sure, as iOS is the best.

• Reply 35 of 35

Wow! That's amazing, more than 500,000 iTunes accounts per day.