i doodled during dinner... . "power mac"

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
hello!

let me know what you think.... thank you! email me: [email protected]

<a href="http://homepage.mac.com/protodadany"; target="_blank">http://homepage.mac.com/protodadany</a>;

[ 02-03-2002: Message edited by: ProtoDAda ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Wow you eat dinner late
  • Reply 2 of 9
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    The only thing I didn't like was the slot loading drive. The Powermacs shouldn't have slot loading because of future expandibility.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>The only thing I didn't like was the slot loading drive. The Powermacs shouldn't have slot loading because of future expandibility.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Plus we know a slot loading SuperDrive doesn't exist. If it did, it would have been in the new iMacs.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>The only thing I didn't like was the slot loading drive. The Powermacs shouldn't have slot loading because of future expandibility.</strong><hr></blockquote>

hello!

i just made that "slot loading superdrive" up... i am not a technical person... but i added extra slot on the bottom for expansion... adding another cd-rw..... etc.. i guess... thank you for looking at my drawings.....
  • Reply 5 of 9
    jayjay Posts: 27member
    I think it's a great design! The only fatal flaw is there's no space for PCI cards. I love the "suitcase feel" though.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by qazII:

<strong>

Plus we know a slot loading SuperDrive doesn't exist. If it did, it would have been in the new iMacs.</strong><hr></blockquote>

nah, SJ said its not slot-loading b/c of speed issues... or maybe that was in reference to putting the drives vertically... hmmm
  • Reply 7 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by Jay:

<strong>I think it's a great design! The only fatal flaw is there's no space for PCI cards. I love the "suitcase feel" though.</strong><hr></blockquote>

hello!

thank you for liking my drawing... as you can see, my last computer was 20th anniversary macintosh, now powerbook g4.... i use it primarily for email, and light designs... i drew the side to open up like the original powermac, so you can add memory, extra hard drive, etc....

i am not a technical person... so i drew what i wanted to see in my flat...

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: ProtoDAda ]</p>
  • Reply 8 of 9
    majukimajuki Posts: 114member
    [quote]Originally posted by psantora:

<strong>

nah, SJ said its not slot-loading b/c of speed issues... or maybe that was in reference to putting the drives vertically... hmmm</strong><hr></blockquote>

Vertical drives have speed issues. Also, in this case, where would the PCI cards fit?
  • Reply 9 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by Majuki:

<strong>

Vertical drives have speed issues. Also, in this case, where would the PCI cards fit?</strong><hr></blockquote>

maybe the PCI card slots can be positioned inside (the swinging side door) and cables come out of the lower back. people think so literally... i suppose all has to be exposed like the prior power mac for one to understand... i thought i was on a macintosh site.... all is possible, right? :-)

in the end, it is "just" a doodle.... and thank you for your input.....

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: ProtoDAda ]</p>