Photo shows prototype Logitech 'Made for iPhone' gaming controller

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    am8449am8449 Posts: 392member
    This seems like a bit of a pain to put on and take off every time you want to play a game.

Or if you just keep it on all the time, wouldn't it get in the way of plugging in headphones and putting it in a syncing stand?
  • Reply 22 of 25
    pendergastpendergast Posts: 1,358member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahmlco View Post

Kind of misses the point. The iPad has much better processors, graphics, and storage. You'd do best to use the iPad as the "console" and use 802.11ac and h.265 to stream the video to the big screen.

Upgrade the AppleTV with all of those things, and you're going to have to upgrade the price point too....

I'm not sure how it would work, but I'd reckon it's possible for the AppleTV (new version) to have the ability to cache apps, so that it's not just mirroring the image.

I'd also expect the AppleTV to get upgraded internals. It's been a while.

Maybe 802.11ac will fix things, but right now 'n' doesn't seem good enough. Mirroring the screen has lag, and regular Airplay isn't 100% reliable. 

• Reply 23 of 25
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member

Quote:

Originally Posted by nht View Post

No, I think that the first wave of aTV games will be iPad game apps because these will more likely be enhanced to do controller only gameplay from a shared iPad.

More iPhone games will more than likely be adapted for controller+touchscreen interaction in the gameplay than controller only.

The multitouch controller isn't part of the new spec and is less useful without a display.

i hope not because ipad apps dont fit into a TV screen to fill it up.  imo its annoying.

• Reply 24 of 25
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    herbapou wrote: »
    i hope not because ipad apps dont fit into a TV screen to fill it up.  imo its annoying.

Only if you're using mirroring for games that don't have native AirPlay support. For example Real Racing displays as native 16:9 when airplayed to the aTV. Same for modern combat, NFS, Chopper 2, Metalstorm, etc. The primary issue is lag which is why more games don't do full airplay support.

If the app is native to the aTV there is no lag. For the iPad, if you already support the wireless controller then largely it will be presumed to be the primary means to interact since unlike the phone the screen won't be near your fingers. You have it propped up as a screen with both hands on the controller.

It's a lot easier to support 720p rez than to rework your UI controls and gameplay.
  • Reply 25 of 25

i totally agree with you..