Video as background in Mac OS X

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
After watching a vista preview i saw you could use a video as a "desktop" image. This was the only feature i wish the Mac OS would have. Is it possible or are there any apps which make this possible?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    wircwirc Posts: 302member
    That would be really annoying.

But in XP you can use an image with HTML, so that you can boost the number of buttons on the desktop, since the quick launch icons are limited.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    You can set a screensaver to run in your desktop.

You could create a Quartz Composition-based screensaver which in turn would call QuickTime, and then play a video that way.

Do you actually do work on your computer, though?
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Thanks very much guys!
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Way back in 2001 there was a hack to get DVDs playing as your desktop. It involved changing the background color to a dark shade of green. since then, more formal "hacks" have been required to do the same.

Anyway, just thought you should know that vista is 6 years behind.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    Its nice to see that there are ways to do this on OSX. However, I hope Apple does not adopt this 'feature.' Over the years, my attitude towards desktop backgrounds has evolved. In the old Classic days, small patterns were the most efficient, so my background was usually a solid color. After OSX, I began to use all manor of images. Over the past year, I have found myself gravitating back towards plain colors, because of their simplicity. I find that this help the window content to stand out more. An animated background seem like it would visually compete with the window content too much.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Is there anyway to make webcam streams be the Desktop background? This would be cool for example a surveillance camera, or live beach cam. A live stream from a Hawaii beach on my desktop would be SWEEEET! Any way to do this?
  • Reply 8 of 13

the video background are playing the very much crucial role today in now a days .

the background building was been heavily increased .

now a days the vidao backgrounds are been most costlier .

the site video backgrounds can watch he ppt's on the video back grounds.

• Reply 9 of 13

thlkefme

• Reply 10 of 13

The video back grounds are been costlier now a days.

the backgrounds have been looking great now a days .

The video backgrounds can been changed .

The site video backgrounds u can watch the ppt over the video backgrounds.

• Reply 12 of 13

HD Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint and Video Production. Looping video backgrounds and royalty-free stock video.High quality Christian motion backgrounds, video loops, countdowns, & sermon ... Motion Worship - Video Loops, Backgrounds, and Christian Media. The High quality Christian motion backgrounds, video loops, countdowns, & sermon ... Motion Worship - Video Loops, Backgrounds, and Christian Media.  the http://www.123ppt.com/animated-powerpoint-backgrounds/ discribes u.

• Reply 13 of 13

HD Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint and Video Production. Looping video backgrounds and royalty-free stock video. The http://www.123ppt.com/animated-powerpoint-backgrounds/ can find about thje video background.