The Apple Store Line Up---one of these things is not like the other...

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
ok, so i'm looking at the beautiful layout of the Apple Store...and something stands out quite noticibly....The first four hardward products are:

The New iMac

iBook

PowerBook G4

PowerMac G4

now the first three have a nice blue circle with the word "New" on their square....but the PowerMac does not....it really draws attention to the fact that the others are new and that it is not....i would be very surprised if apple doesn't know this and will change this very soon....you really can't have a retail website with 3 of 4 things being touted as "new" and one basically as "old" and expect to sell the "old" one....it is too obvious at the store and i really think we will see "New" in the PM square very very soon (probably just a speed bump, but something so all 4 have the new title)....g

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    I dunno, Apple has done this before with its "NEW" little circles. At one point there were two products that didn't have NEW. Do you think those just wouldn't sell either?

It's obvious Apple is going to update the PowerMacs soon. The question is how and when.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I really don't think it means anything.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    What I find interesting about this is the new circle by the Powerbook G4, which was NOT updated at Macworld (though it was shortly before). Do you think the new circle will be removed sometime before the Powerbook gets updated again?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by qazII:

<strong>What I find interesting about this is the new circle by the Powerbook G4, which was NOT updated at Macworld (though it was shortly before). Do you think the new circle will be removed sometime before the Powerbook gets updated again?</strong><hr></blockquote>

For some reason I doubt it.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>I really don't think it means anything.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Of course it means something. It means that the Power Mac is going to be updated soon because it's outdated.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Maybe after the G4/Display promotion ends January 31?
  • Reply 7 of 9
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    Tomorrow.

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: MacAgent ]</p>
  • Reply 8 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAgent:

<strong>

Of course it means something. It means that the Power Mac is going to be updated soon because it's outdated.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well isn't that pretty obvious? I meant it didn't mean anything besides that.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAgent:

<strong>Tomorrow.

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: MacAgent ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Isn't that what people have been saying all week?