robm wrote: »
    lol

"I owe my soul to the company store ... "
    Sixteen tonnes, Tennessee Ernie Ford. 1955
    First released by the one and only Merle Travis, 1946
    Most applicable!
  • Reply 22 of 75
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    I have to wonder how many of those features Adobe is crowing about are worthwhile. Further one has to wonder how many new bugs come with the suite.

Thankfully I never got into Adobes software, most of it can be replace by alternatives for my needs.
  • Reply 23 of 75
    timmydaxtimmydax Posts: 284member
    They have made some top class software but this tax is the last straw - I can't see this working in the long term. People will turn away and look for alternatives. I guess I'll keep my standalone PS PR AE AI running until my machine dies. They've lost me as a customer.
    oh well,

Lost me too. Love the power of PS, AI, and DW is fine as alt for Coda on Win, but I will never buy (rent!) another version personally. I just know this will be a shoe-in at work and many companies will just pony up the money to these sharks.

Don't know about top-class tho tbh. There have been horrible feature omissions and additions for Years, they have held originally good software hostage, developed the apps in the worst way possible (out-sourced redundant coding & completely diff UI for each) and now I can't help but think they deserve to fail. Badly deserve to fail.

I just feel the Adobe CEO is one of the most coniving douchebags ever. So far removed from the Xerox PARC love-in Adobe sparked from. It isn't really Adobe anymore. **** 'em.
  • Reply 24 of 75
    danielswdanielsw Posts: 906member
    Im not sure how you can draw a parallel between Apple's OS names and Adobe's monthly pricing - but hey why not if you think it's valid, that's all that counts, right ?
    Look, good for you and the business - great it works for you.
    Doesn't suit me and I don't believe in the model.

Wheat from chaff ? Oh, right ....paying Adobe every month will get you there.

"Coincidence" doesn't mean "parallel."

But "chaff" means YOU! :-)
  • Reply 25 of 75
    stephane36 wrote: »
    ...costs much less than an upgrade every year of even every 2 years for international customers (those European paying the Adobe Creative Suite twice the US price).

...it sucks to be hold by the balls, paying for softwares you don't even own at the mercy of Adobe marketeers when they feel like to up the CC monthly price

We are severely lacking any worthy competitor in the graphic arts to end Adobe monopoly...

CC stinks of anti-competitive and monopolistic behaviour. Sure, it could be cheaper, but they have given us no reason to believe they won't use these changes to shaft us eventually. Don't trust them at all. It seems all efforts are towards marketing now, not developing a good suite of software.
  • Reply 26 of 75
    I'm not upgrading to Creative Cloud.
  • Reply 27 of 75
    So it looks like the cloud is where big companies are going to hit, personally if you don't have a fast internet connection is going to sucks and the problem with the ISP services is that are increasing the price, even the basic DSL, it was $19.99 now is $29.99
  • Reply 28 of 75
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    Tallest Skil definitely had very strong opinions and was a valuable member of the community. Comments like yours however usually denote the mental capacity of a 3 year old.

Agreed in both points. Not sure why he got booted, but his absense clearly devalues the community.
  • Reply 29 of 75
    kerrybkerryb Posts: 270member
    Not everyone that uses Photoshop is a professional photographer or works for an ad agency. I might be in a minority here but I run a small business and have used PS since 1994 in combination with GoLive and recently Adobe's Muse to maintain my company's website. I would update PS every second version, it made financial sense for me and allowed me to keep up to date with changes to the app. For someone like myself paying $50 or even $30 per month subscription for the use of 2 apps is too much. PS CS 6 works well for me and I can fortunately see myself using it for years to come. Muse is pretty good for someone that is visual and not into coding. I think most of Adobe's customers have had a "love - hate" relationship with the company forever. This is not likely to change anytime soon.
  • Reply 30 of 75
    "We are the Borg. Prepare to be assimilated. Resistance is futile."
  • Reply 31 of 75
    alexmitalexmit Posts: 112member

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephane36 View Post

On the other hand, it sucks to be hold by the balls, paying for softwares you don't even own

You don't "OWN" any of the software you use. You own the license to use it until such time the EULA changes in a fashion that does not allow you to use it further.

CC is no different than the current licensing barring the 'subscription' clause. It just allows Adobe to quickly cut you off for any reason they see necessary. CC is not a 'subscription' as the like to call it. It's a software lease. The only problem is that CC requires a 'subscription' to continue using the software license. With the prior method allowed us to continue using the last licensed version of the software if we chose without paying a subscription fee. 

• Reply 32 of 75
    alexmit wrote: »
    You don't "OWN" any of the software you use. You own the license...

Please cite an occasion when this semantic difference has affected users in any material fashion.

This just smacks of Adobe's power-hungry greed. If people pirate your software to a substantial degree, chances are it is seen as indispensable. Worth is measured in more than user satisfaction and features. Closed, proprietary, undocumented file formats for example.
  • Reply 33 of 75
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

People who say they don't use Adobe products for one reason or another are not the target market. Graphics professionals make their living off the suite and are in general quite satisfied with their careers. It is like any profession, you need professional tools. If you were a homebuilder you would have Skil model 77 worm drive saws not some crappy sidewinder made of plastic which isn't going to make it through the first job. Likewise a coffee professional might have a La Marzocco espresso machine not some Chinese plastic version from Walmart. Professional tools are expensive.

If you are not a professional designer or graphic artist you have nothing to do with, nor any valid opinion about Adobe CC. It is not for you. Just stick with iWork.

• Reply 34 of 75
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Please don't quote trolls.

It's crazy how two people on a jihad are making things much worse.
  • Reply 35 of 75

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Adobe can go **** itself. I bought CS6 just a couple months ago, and it's now pretty much obsolete with no new features to be added. Disgusting. 

All the new features will be added to the new subscription model. You can sign up for $29 per month for the first year since you are an existing customer. So far the updates relate almost exclusively to new cloud features which were never part of the standalone CS6 anyway. If you don't need cloud and collaboration features then you are not missing anything, so your version is not really obsolete. 

• Reply 36 of 75
    mstone wrote: »
    If you are not a professional designer or graphic artist you have nothing to do with, nor any valid opinion about Adobe CC. It is not for you. Just stick with iWork.

As a designer, this is a load of crap. Sure, I'm going to pony up for home use, as is work (eventually), but any legitimate user of their software can have complaints, they've paid as much as the rest of us. No reason to be elitist about it.
  • Reply 37 of 75
    alexmitalexmit Posts: 112member

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmyDax View Post

Please cite an occasion when this semantic difference has affected users in any material fashion.

This just smacks of Adobe's power-hungry greed. If people pirate your software to a substantial degree, chances are it is seen as indispensable. Worth is measured in more than user satisfaction and features. Closed, proprietary, undocumented file formats for example.

My intention was not to cite any occasion or affect, but to state a simple fact. You own the license, not the software. It's plain and simple. I'm not defending Adobe or any software vendor picking this business model. Another simple fact is that if you stop paying under the CC 'subscription', you don't get to continue to use the current software version as long as you wish unlike the current licensing. Adobe could change the current license on CS if they chose to.

• Reply 38 of 75

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmyDax View Post

As a designer, this is a load of crap. Sure, I'm going to pony up for home use, as is work (eventually), but any legitimate user of their software can have complaints, they've paid as much as the rest of us. No reason to be elitist about it.

Just because you can afford to buy it doesn't mean you understand anything about the software. I've met some people who went out and bought a Canon D1 X and then leave it on automatic. They have no right to complain about the photos if they don't turn out right because they know nothing about how the camera works, which lens to use or how to compose a shot. Same thing with Creative Suite. If you are not a professional designer who works with the software on a daily basis, you should not even buy it. It will just be frustrating for you because it is too complex for non pros.

• Reply 39 of 75

Until the "new update" is that it is no longer in the "cloud" -- I'm not interested.

• Reply 40 of 75
    @Alexmit: IMO, this is indefensible and greedy. The new Xbox One is in a similar vein, and will clearly turn people off also. EULAs have always been a little weird to me.

@mstone: Fair, but people aren't complaining about the results of using PS, for example, just the new form of draconian distribution. Personally, I think good design means accessibility in part, everyone starts somewhere. Adobe apps are notoriously badly designed, just as Apple's are notoriously well designed. A student writing an essay and an author writing a book can both use Pages.