Rumor: Russian video shows iPad version of iOS 7 beta

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
A fresh video from Russia claims to show the iPad iteration of iOS 7 beta, which has yet to be officially released by Apple, with fairly high resolution images and a brief walkthrough of the operating system's main features.

Russian iOS 7

Posted to YouTube on Tuesday, the video purportedly shows an exclusive first look at the iOS 7 beta for iPad, a version not yet released to developers.

Because AppleInsider cannot verify the veracity of the video's contents, it is offered here for purposes of discussion only.

As seen in the short clip, the basic functionality seen in the iOS 7 beta for iPhone is included with the rumored built for iPad version. the same iconography is used, complete with moving hands on the Clock app and home screen animations.

The Notification Center and Command Center panes slide down and up as expected, though neither takes advantage of the full width of the iPad's screen.

Upon closer inspection, it appears that the parallax view touted at WWDC is not present in this iteration of the OS, or the narrator has turned the function off. The background wallpaper looks to be a take on one of the new stills provided by Apple.

Also shown is how iOS 7 may handle apps not created for iPad. The usual "2X" implementation is still there, but the UI is slightly revamped, without buttons or other skeuomorphic cues.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Because AppleInsider cannot verify the veracity of the video's contents, it is offered here [s]for purposes of discussion only[/s] to generate page views.

Fixed it for you AI.
  • Reply 2 of 23
    iaeeniaeen Posts: 588member
    So, where's the link to the video?
  • Reply 3 of 23
    They embedded it wrong, here:

[VIDEO]
  • Reply 4 of 23
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    It may only be a small touch, but I like how apps in iOS7 seem to launch from, and collapse to, their icons. Currently they just launch and collapse from the centre of the screen.

Also, I didn't realise the folder zoomed right in like that. Should mean significantly more room in each folder before you even need to utilise the new scrolling.

Good stuff.
  • Reply 5 of 23
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    The more I use iOS 7, the more I like it. And I HATED IT on day one.

That actually looks pretty good as it appears on the iPad.
  • Reply 6 of 23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Wonder when the iPad beta will come out or what caused the delay?  Maybe iPad will come out when v2 beta launches?

• Reply 7 of 23
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeronPrometheus View Post

They embedded it wrong, here:

I do like the animation and actions. They seem quite intuitive, even on the iPad's larger screen. Hoping for the best for the final iteration of the icons and overall style.

• Reply 8 of 23
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member

New icons and other tweaks. Keep working Cupertino. Hard!

• Reply 9 of 23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

New icons and other tweaks. Keep working Cupertino. Hard!

Quite right! :D

• Reply 10 of 23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

It's the details that haven't been thought out yet, but the overall impression is that it is very functional.

• Reply 11 of 23
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Though the Notification and Control panels should span the full width of the viewable screen area in order to allow for thumb operation.
  • Reply 12 of 23
    iaeeniaeen Posts: 588member
    quadra 610 wrote: »

I also think it looks great in this video. The background complements the overall theme nicely.
    quadra 610 wrote: »
    Though the Notification and Control panels should span the full width of the viewable screen area in order to allow for thumb operation.

Eh? The iPad is not a one handed device, so thumb useability is not really a major concern. Also, it looks the same size as the current notification center if not a little wider.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    Hmm, can't tell if it's fake or not??? I like the look for the most part, the lock screen seems to look better than the one they showed at WWDC on the iPhone. I would however change a few of the icons. The Settings, Calendar, Camera, Messages, Notes, & Control Center icons
    that Zachary Schiller designed on dribbble.com look great. I just wish that Apple would use those. I would also like to see a better Newsstand icon and for all those icons with a white background to be grayed like the Calendar icon that Zachary designed as well as a better choice of colors for the Reminders, Game Center, and Photo icons. Other than that, keep up the great work Apple!
  • Reply 14 of 23
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member

Now you can swipe the whole screen to open, so why don't make it swipe from right to left to open? The same gesture as you swipe between page of apps instead of swipe one way to open and swipe another way to navigate.

• Reply 15 of 23
    ziadjkziadjk Posts: 55member
    Could this have been faked? Maybe a jailbreak developer who works fast, maybe? Just wondering.
  • Reply 16 of 23

Quote:

Originally Posted by iaeen View Post

Eh? The iPad is not a one handed device, so thumb useability is not really a major concern.

The iPad mini is advertised as a one handed device.

• Reply 17 of 23
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

The iPad mini is advertised as a one handed device.

No, it's advertised that you can hold it with one hand, not that you can operate it with one hand like an iPhone. Big difference.

• Reply 18 of 23

Fair point.

It's still an underuse of the screen though, making buttons smaller than they need to be.

• Reply 19 of 23
    9to5Mac is reporting that Apple is extending iOS 7 testing beyond non-developers most likely to family members of Apple employees.

[QUOTE]Notably, on the iOS 7 end, multiple sources say that Apple is working to expand testing of the next-generation iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch operating system beyond developers. Sources say that Apple is holding on campus sessions with Cupertino locals to gauge feedback on the radical design and interface changes in iOS. Apple has conducted similar programs in the past for specific, major software features, but rarely holds such previews for whole major operating system releases. It is unclear how these people have been picked, but it is probable that they are family members of Apple employees, according to two people.[/QUOTE]
  • Reply 20 of 23
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    A fresh video from Russia claims to show the iPad iteration of iOS 7 beta, which has yet to be officially released by Apple, with fairly high resolution images and a brief walkthrough of the operating system's main features.