34 hours with no sleep...interrsting things start to happenn

Comments

• Reply 101 of 222

it was nice reading ur comment. im gonna have to work on monday and tuesday and meanwhile ive got school... so as i can calculate im gona be able to sleep 5 - 10 hours (max if i finish work early which means 4-5 am so i could sleep a bi till 8 when the lessons begin) ...im gonna be awake 54 hours with a rest of 5-10 hours as i told u.. do u think im gonna make it? im afraid im gona colapse at work *.*

• Reply 102 of 222

you should relax  yourself or do something that will distract your attention

• Reply 103 of 222

2 projects, 3 papers, a drill competition,Rifle team competition, Finals, and 5 days straight no sleep. Saw a lot of shadows that weren't there and heard things but that is pretty much it.

• Reply 104 of 222

TS is still an obtuse piece of flotsam. Now I can go jerk for the ban.

• Reply 105 of 222

Daily work boys... TS is still an obtuse piece of flotsam. 

• Reply 106 of 222

Don't let double duty in one day get to you. Bipolar can be a bitch. TS is still an obtuse piece of flotsam.

• Reply 107 of 222
    fionnfionn Posts: 2member
    I'm going to try to go without 48 hours of sleep and try to see if I can keep it going longer depending on how I feel. I'll update you guys on it
  • Reply 108 of 222
    fionnfionn Posts: 2member
    I failed quite horrificly and only managed to get18 hours without sleep
  • Reply 109 of 222
    This Thread don't Sleep xD
  • Reply 110 of 222
    This Thread don't Sleep xD
  • Reply 111 of 222
    cromatcromat Posts: 1member

this morning at about 7AM i hit 4 days no sleep, it's 4:38PM... my muscles randomly cramp up and i can feel my pulse at times beating through my wrist up my forearms, i'm lightheaded, slow on reaction, joints are starting to have minor pain, and tons of twiching. also everythings fuzzy and everything i hear sounds drowned down a bit, plus my voice is starting to fade in and out, this is interesting lol

• Reply 112 of 222

The longest I've ever stayed up isn't much past 24 hours or so and I need to make it 38 hours now; I woke up on Friday at 9am and need to stay awake til Saturday 11pm (I've got an evening work shift).  I'm usually perfectly fine up until hour 23 or so but when hour 24 hits I feel like a ton of bricks lands on me.  It's the weirdest feeling!  On the plus side, shit gets a whole lot funnier when you skip a night of sleep.

• Reply 113 of 222
    So, I was Googling why sleep deprivation was bad, and why humans need to sleep, when this old, old thread came up. The last post is a couple months old, thus I make this. Heck, I even made an account just to post here.

Anyway, staying up forever. I've barely managed to go 24 hours before --likely due to how I was comfortably laying in bed, in the dark, just watching anime-- and I felt pretty good the day after the all-nighter. This was a couple weeks ago.
    I was thinking of pulling another one tonight, but ehh.

I think the closest I'll ever get to staying awake for a long time will be if I ever change to a polyphasic sleep schedule.
  • Reply 114 of 222
    It ended up not happening, sadly.
  • Reply 115 of 222
    Happy 13th birthday to the thread! Lol

It's 7:30 AM and I've been up for 16 hours so far, I have to go to work now until 2pm and I have errands to run after that. I have my second job at a bar at 8pm-3am and it'll be past 5 am by the time I come home. Overall, I'll be up for over 36 hours and I'll be scared to sleep because I'll sleep for over 12 hours and wake up the late the next day which will jeopordize my effort to stay up so I can sleep at a decent time and start waking up early.

The reason why some of us can't sleep is be ause we have habits/actions in our life that we are not happy with and when rest our head at night, our inner voice is telling us to change our ways to better ourselves. What I'm saying is, our body is reacting to our mental state-which is unhappy with our actions. We know we deserve better and our mind is sending signals to our body to suffer or fix the problem. Goodluck all.
  • Reply 116 of 222

I have been suffering from lack of sleep since I was a small child. I am forty now and I can be up for an easy seven days without sleep. All I know is that I become very forgetful and my judgement goes to hell. Sometimes I can remember the things that I have done and I can say without a doubt I hate myself for things that I have done, but at the same time I know I wouldn't do all these things if I were myself. Nevertheless, you have no idea how good you have it if you're falling a sleep after 36 hours. When you get to ten days give me a call...... cause that sucks!

• Reply 117 of 222
    I ve been up for 72 hours now. I've begun to shake like my hands and oddly my head (I catch myself nodding for no reason). I've started having auditory hallucinations along with visual. Also it feels like someone is sitting on my chest so breathing is more labored
  • Reply 118 of 222

Well on the 12th anniversary of this thread I'd like to say i Haven't slept since 9:00am yesterday and its now 6:30 am the next day. I plan on staying awake past the new year as well which new years day is today here. I'm now on 21.5 hours without sleep but by the end of this whole sleep deprivation thing i expect to be on about 40-62 hours depending if i make it to new years day night. well I'll be sure to say how i end up going 

woo hoo i hope to see this thread in the years to come ^_^

• Reply 119 of 222
    Well.. Reading this deffinatly killed some time, currently on hour 12.. No biggie yet.. Think the longist I've stayed awake for was 56 hours. Not long at all, but was very funny I think I passed out in a supermarket in the end my friends threw water over me and vertually carried me home.. Although I'm a insomniac (thought the usurer name was fitting) I sleep about 2/4 hours a night if I'm lucky.. I get 6 every now and then. Although intentionally staying awakes fücks my body up big time. So I probibly shouldn't do it but why not will be a funny story to tell in a few days. I have college on Friday so looking to stay awake until atleast Sunday.. It's now tuesday. I hope I get past day 3 this time. Some other stories have been funny. And with suffering from paranoia and angsiety anyway. Well should be a fun ride. If I don't respond I've most likely died from the deprivation. ???? thought if add in the 13th year.. ????????
  • Reply 120 of 222

hey you all! i m now on hour 33 and i ended up here like many of you, more specifically i googled "what happens when you stay 36 hours awake". The reason for googling 36 being that i ve managed that a couple of times recently, and since i am now again set to go at least as far, i just wanted to make sure i know the consequences!

and voila, this ancient thread shows at the very top! (or not? hmmm..)

anyhow, the reason i usually have strange sleeping patterns  is that there is so much shit to be done. Things to do, things to read, places to go, people to see.. and there is simply not enough time!! so i make my own time. i personally dont feel lacking energy and stuff, though i ve had these small vision and breathing issues as others mentioned. I remember one day i went to play tennis as planned with a friend, being already 22 hours up. And still managed the 2-hour session with no issues-and i m not a gym-guy, on the contrary i smoke and.. i smoke! ;)

if you plan to stay awake for one reason or another, the only thing you have to make sure is to stay awake when at one point it suddenly hits you to sleep. if you block those 5-10 sleepy minutes, then you can stay awake as much as you want and do your stuff that needs to be done. thats how it works for me. and yeah, it is fun, you do your things, and you also do them quite well. ofcourse driving could be tricky, so be cautious!!!

i would imagine that at 3+ days without, things would get very... interesting!!

who knows! maybe i check this out right now... :)

peace!