This guy Michael Heilemann is absolutely killing it with his critiquing of iOS 7.

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    kdarlingkdarling Posts: 1,640member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

So you're saying Android's 7 home screens should come cluttered with unevenly shaped widgets by default?

No sir, I said nothing about such home screens.

I said that it would make a good example for the iPad to come with a full complement of 6 icons in its dock.  

It's a common sense default that would help users, who would otherwise never know they could do it.

Quote:

You can use Android for that. It doesn't matter much if they get screen burn because they're cheaper:

Except that most of my Android tablets cost as much, if not more, as my iOS devices.

As for screen persistence in tablet dock mode, it doesn't matter whether it's AMOLED or LCD, Android or iOS, they both can get it.   Do a Google on iPad screen burn.

A good dock app will move things around anyway.

• Reply 22 of 23
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    kdarling wrote: »
    <span style="line-height:1.231;">No sir, I said nothing about such home screens.</span>

I said that it would make a good example for the iPad to come with a full complement of 6 icons in its dock.  

It's a common sense default that would help users, who would otherwise never know they could do it.

Android doesn't do this either though. Isn't the default 5 icons? That's not the maximum. I don't think it matters one way or the other, the iPad's typical orientation is portrait so 4 icons aligns with the app columns. If it was typically landscape like widescreen Android tablets, 5 icons would align with them.
    kdarling wrote: »
    Except that most of my Android tablets cost as much, if not more, as my iOS devices.

Ouch, rip-off. You're paying more for less.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    kdarlingkdarling Posts: 1,640member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Ouch, rip-off. You're paying more for less.

Not for my uses. I paid extra for the built-in Wacom pen support.