Apple rumored to release iOS 7 beta 3 for iPhone, iPad on July 8

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
The next version of Apple's iOS 7 beta for iPhones and iPads might be pushed out to developers very soon, as a new report has Apple prepping to release the iOS 7 beta 3 in just over a week's time.

biggity

July 8 will mark the release of the next beta of iOS 7, according to "trusted sources" that leaked information to BGR. That date will see the build released to carriers for testing, and the beta will reportedly be released to developers on the same day.

Apple typically delivers beta builds of iOS 7 on Mondays, as was the case with the second beta released this week. Should the third beta iteration materialize on July 8, it would be doing so roughly a week ahead of when iOS 6 beta 3 appeared. That build was released on July 16, 2012.

The most recent beta brought support for Apple's iPad, so the new build will likely be available for all compatible iOS devices at the time of its release, including the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV. Reports hold that Apple has focused on refining iOS 7's design elements, with the goal of making the experience cohesive across the entirety of iOS.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Yeah. It's roughly two weeks after the last one. Nothin' to see here.
  • Reply 2 of 22
    blackbookblackbook Posts: 1,361member
    Let's see how much more intuitive tge design of the OS will be in the next release
  • Reply 3 of 22
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Is this really news? It's just another beta release.
  • Reply 4 of 22
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Is this article for real?

Apple released beta 2 exactly two weeks to the day following beta 1.

Beta 3 releasing exactly 2 weeks to the day following beta 2 is a given. Obviously it could NOT happen, but there is no reason to "announce" it. It is expected..:rolleyes:
  • Reply 5 of 22
    jpvnjpvn Posts: 40member
    i cant wait......
  • Reply 6 of 22
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Actual Apple "news" only happens a handful times a year. If that's all your looking for, stop visiting rumor sites daily. 

• Reply 7 of 22
    dugbugdugbug Posts: 283member
    Its also rumored to not fix the icons and rumored to make safari snappier.

Did I cover everything? Apart from the thousands of impressive APIs and xcode enhancements that don't matter.
  • Reply 8 of 22
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    slurpy wrote: »
    Actual Apple "news" only happens a handful times a year. If that's all your looking for, stop visiting rumor sites daily. 

Ok. Let me rephrase, is this worth reporting?
  • Reply 9 of 22
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    jungmark wrote: »
    I guess as much news as a photo of supposed iPhone 5S battery.
  • Reply 10 of 22
    fyngyrzfyngyrz Posts: 61member
    Let's hope it's got subfolders enabled this time, instead of just as a hidden feature.

I don't give the south end of a northbound rat about the icons. Just let me organize my darned apps.
  • Reply 11 of 22
    The sun is also scheduled to rise on the morning of July 8. Is that just a coincidence? Perhaps Apple is working on solar charging.
  • Reply 12 of 22
    dugbugdugbug Posts: 283member

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyngyrz View Post

Let's hope it's got subfolders enabled this time, instead of just as a hidden feature.

I don't give the south end of a northbound rat about the icons. Just let me organize my darned apps.

Not sure if this matters to you but in the current beta (and this was demonstrated on the keynote), you can swipe the folder contents and they are paged (i.e. you have several icon pages within the folder view).

Not the same as subfolders, but far less restrictive

• Reply 13 of 22
    So that means that the golden master will be ready in September
  • Reply 14 of 22
    curtis hannahcurtis hannah Posts: 1,833member
    maclancer wrote: »
    So that means that the golden master will be ready in September
    Maybe but official release October. This is expected news of course.

Can someone notify my of a decently stable release to put on a home device.
  • Reply 15 of 22
    denobindenobin Posts: 46member
    You and others took the time to stop and read it, so yes, it is news.
  • Reply 16 of 22
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Beta is pretty stable on an iPhone 5. Most of my apps work fine (I have a lot), and in my case at least, there aren't any deal-breakers. Using iOS exclusively and I'm looking forward to Beta 3.

There's a slight issue with the Dock showing an incorrect transparency layer when changing wallpaper. This can be remedied either by restarting the device, or by changing to another wallpaper and then changing back.
  • Reply 17 of 22
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member

It is for developers.
  • Reply 18 of 22
    poochpooch Posts: 768member
    i heard a rumour they're fixing a spelling error in beta 4. and i couldn't be happier. but i'm waiting for the in-depth analysis and full-blown article by ded on that spelling error fix before i believe it.
  • Reply 19 of 22

I'm so excited for these betas. Hope they fix the bugs and bring out more features. 

• Reply 20 of 22
    I don't have any icon problems and my subfolders work fine! I love the new look and feel along with the gadgets. Do have some problems with the camera crashing when opening it or using it through other apps. Also Vine vids won't play. Does needs some work done on how fluidly it moves and smooth transition between apps or screens. Overall I love iOS 7 and will love it even more once all the kinks are worked out.