Will G5s appear before iMac revved?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
What's going to happen if the G5s don't appear before the iMac rev? My guess is Apple will update them this summer or fall with the 900-1Ghz chips everybody says will be used in the mini PowerMac update. But would Apple want to use the same chips for both systems? And if they do, would you buy a PM at the current prices without a new mobo? Granted they have faster bus, would be duals, and can be expanded but is that enough justify the prices?

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: imacSE ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I think the G5 will be announced at MWNY, along with a minor iMac bump.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>I think the G5 will be announced at MWNY, along with a minor iMac bump.</strong><hr></blockquote>

no iMac bump. They are selling too well and hey would have just gotten them into production...

you may site the original iMac and how quickly they were updated, but the original iMac had only 1 model and had been announced for quite some time... the iMac2 is yet to ship and are selling well with 3 models... it will be too expensive to flush the channel ths quickly...

I think we will see and update at the earlyist @ the paris expo2002 and that is pushing it...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by psantora:

<strong>

no iMac bump. They are selling too well and hey would have just gotten them into production...

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, that's true. Maybe if they were already shipping. But since they're not shipping yet I doubt an update so soon.