Apple reports earnings of $6.9 billion on sales of 31.2M iPhones, 14.6M iPads, 3.8M Macs

Comments

• Reply 21 of 92
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Told you this thread would be ruined by that post. I would have banned him immediately and never looked back.
  • Reply 22 of 92
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    What are you talking about!? Apple met/beat expectations. The stock is up substantially after-hours.

The only slight miss -- if that -- was that iPad numbers were down by 2.4M. But given that a new one is coming in the next couple of months for the same price and people are waiting, the fact that they sold so many is actually good news.
    Also the iPad 3 would have impacted the June quarter last year, and the mini & iPad 4 last quarter. So it's not really an apples to apples comparison.
  • Reply 23 of 92
    shadowxprshadowxpr Posts: 162member
    Why are iPad sales down? Android tablets, windows 8 tablets or market is saturated?
  • Reply 24 of 92
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,403member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Told you this thread would be ruined by that post. I would have banned him immediately and never looked back.

Oh, I don't think it's ruined. Yet.

• Reply 25 of 92
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,403member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShAdOwXPR View Post

Why are iPad sales down? Android tablets, windows 8 tablets or market is saturated?

None of the above.

• Reply 26 of 92

tomdri,

Take your leftist a$$ over to Detroit. You will fit in very well.

• Reply 27 of 92
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    adonissmu wrote: »
    Wow Apple dropped. That's not good.

Doesn't really matter what they report. Some analyst will spout off about delays, production issues etc and the stock will drop.

When in truth, their numbers aren't that far off from last year when there was a new iPad etc. that should be seen as good. And would be if it was anyone but Apple
  • Reply 28 of 92
    rissriss Posts: 47member

Quote:

Originally Posted by smalM View Post

They screw european people, so shut up.

The only thing that is screwing europeans is the EU and the drones in parlament, so pls shut the fck up kid!

-European

• Reply 29 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

None of the above.

Well enlighten us.  Why are iPad numbers down?

• Reply 30 of 92
    smalmsmalm Posts: 677member

Quote:

As Rogifan mentioned, we are waiting for the iPad 5. Apple will get our money a little bit later this year...

• Reply 31 of 92
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetz View Post

Good for Apple. Not so much for AAPL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

Wow Apple dropped. That's not good.

After-hours trading has AAPL shooting up quite well.

• Reply 32 of 92
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member

Originally Posted by darkdefender View Post

... Not a good quarter at all... It's because it's an off year for contract users [yadda yadda blah blah] 

... good luck finding carriers and users.

Not a good troll at all.  It's because there isn't any real bad Apple news that you can repeat ad nauseam.

Good luck finding emotional hot buttons and insulting catch phrases.

• Reply 33 of 92
    gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangeoutsider View Post

tomdri,

Take your leftist a$$ over to Detroit. You will fit in very well.

Oh, you mean leftist Detroit that got into this mess by raiding the workers' pension funds in order to provide welfare and tax cuts to to corporations?

That leftist Detroit?

• Reply 34 of 92
    pendergastpendergast Posts: 1,358member

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkdefender View Post

Not a good quarter at all... It's because it's an off year for contract users and those who had the option to trade in a new phone probably didn't upgrade to the 5.

They could start charging for iOS 7 updates but for a phone worth 300 to make and sell at 680... good luck finding carriers and users.

The phone is "worth" only $300?

LOL

Why did the iPhone increase 20% YoY then?

• Reply 35 of 92
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Well enlighten us.  Why are iPad numbers down?
    No new product this quarter. Last year June quarter the retina 3rd gen iPad was brand new product.
  • Reply 36 of 92
    pendergastpendergast Posts: 1,358member

Quote:

There was this thing called the iPad 3 which was released in the year-ago quarter, which probably skewed things higher. There was no new spring iPad this year.

• Reply 37 of 92
    tomdri wrote: »
    And they pay very little taxes. Bravo Apple for fucking America! How many billions did you screw the American people?

This is lame in so many ways. I guess I'll just point out that there is no such thing as "corporate taxes". These "taxes" are merely a way for the government to force you to pay a hidden tax built into the price of your iPhone or whatever. On the Apple P&L these two things, tax and delta revenue to cover the tax, net to zero.

So if you're looking for the culprit who "screwed the American people out of billions", look to your very own US Government, not Apple.
  • Reply 38 of 92
    pdq2pdq2 Posts: 270member

Seems to me the trolls came out to gloat and are dyspeptic about Apple selling 20% more iPhones y/y and beating the street view.

• Reply 39 of 92
    gijoeinlagijoeinla Posts: 215member
    rogifan wrote: »
    Also the iPad 3 would have impacted the June quarter last year, and the mini & iPad 4 last quarter. So it's not really an apples to apples comparison.

I think it's fair to remind everyone the iPad itself hasn't been redesigned for nearly 3 product cycles -- couple that with a new version plus iOS 7 which I'm running -- personally I'm betting Apple stock is a buy right now -- and that's with nothing new coming out :))
  • Reply 40 of 92
    ankleskaterankleskater Posts: 1,287member

Quote:

Originally Posted by gijoeinla View Post

I think it's fair to remind everyone the iPad itself hasn't been redesigned for nearly 3 product cycles -- couple that with a new version plus iOS 7 which I'm running -- personally I'm betting Apple stock is a buy right now -- and that's with nothing new coming out image)

3 product cycles?