Apple reports earnings of $6.9 billion on sales of 31.2M iPhones, 14.6M iPads, 3.8M Macs

Comments

• Reply 41 of 92
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomdri View Post

And they pay very little taxes. Bravo Apple for fucking America! How many billions did you screw the American people?

You really are ignorant.  Google, Microsoft, and others keep profits generated from other counties in Ireland too. Apple just makes more money from more sales and they know how to run a profitable business instead of trying to buy marketshare.

Go look up how much Apple has paid out in taxes.

I'll go through the numbers.

Apple

2010  Operating Income BEFORE Taxes $18,540,000,000

2010  Taxes                                          $  4,527,000,000

2011  Operating Income BEFORE Taxes $34,205,000,000

2011  Taxes                                          $  8,283,000,000

2012  Operating Income BEFORE Taxes $55,763,000,000

2012  Taxes                                           $14,030,000,000

Go compare EVERY SINGLE competitor for the same years and look at how much taxes they paid out as a percentage of profits.  Go ahead, find someone that paid more. Otherwise, go to college, get a degree in Finance or Accounting and THEN talk to us.. Otherwise, you should permanently banned from the internet.

• Reply 42 of 92
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Sounds like the channel inventory was much higher last year June quarter than it was this quarter. So in terms of sell through iPad was only down 3%.
  • Reply 43 of 92
    tt92618tt92618 Posts: 444member

These are solid results and it is not a surprise that the stock rose after hours.   They beat EPS and revenue - there is nothing to complain about there.  I'm very glad to see this, as I was expecting EPS and revenue declines.

Here's hoping the stock has some legs tomorrow.  Today would have been a good day to buy for the bump.

• Reply 44 of 92
    gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyDogHasFleas View Post

This is lame in so many ways. I guess I'll just point out that there is no such thing as "corporate taxes". These "taxes" are merely a way for the government to force you to pay a hidden tax built into the price of your iPhone or whatever. On the Apple P&L these two things, tax and delta revenue to cover the tax, net to zero.

So if you're looking for the culprit who "screwed the American people out of billions", look to your very own US Government, not Apple.

Ah... US gov't 'screwing the American People'... the theme song of the Free Lunch Republican.

Shall we start down the list of things you'd be giving up without taxes? From defense to legal system, to breathable air to protection against labor practices that the sainted corporations would return to in a nanosecond?

Please.

• Reply 45 of 92
    maccherrymaccherry Posts: 924member
    the stock price is for suckers. Up or down it a fu***** game. The money is coming in by the boat loads. Sorry wall street with all those effing derivatives in the trillions you'll have to eventually pay out. Oooop!
    I forgot, you don't have a printing press. Ouch.
  • Reply 46 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankleskater View Post

3 product cycles?

Sure... iPad 2, 3 and 4 are virtually identical visually.

iPad numbers are down simply because the 3 was released withing this quarter a year ago, driving up sales. Add to that many (myself included) are waiting for the 5 or new mini to refresh. So of course numbers are down, and will skyrocket next quarter.

Good stuff.

• Reply 47 of 92
    pendergastpendergast Posts: 1,358member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Sounds like the channel inventory was much higher last year June quarter than it was this quarter. So in terms of sell through iPad was only down 3%.

Do you have the numbers for iPhone?

11M seems kinda high.

• Reply 48 of 92
    pendergast wrote: »
    Do you have the numbers for iPhone?

11M seems kinda high.
    I'm not sure if Cook mentioned it. If he did I didn't hear it.
  • Reply 49 of 92
    smalmsmalm Posts: 677member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riss View Post

The only thing that is screwing europeans is the EU and the drones in parlament, so pls shut the fck up kid!

-European

There's no problem with Apple legally avoiding paying taxes in Europe.

There is a problem with Apple avoiding making profit at all by inducing their european subsidiaries to pay absurd high licence fees to the parent company.

- also European

• Reply 50 of 92
    gqb wrote: »
    Ah... US gov't 'screwing the American People'... the theme song of the Free Lunch Republican.
    Shall we start down the list of things you'd be giving up without taxes? From defense to legal system, to breathable air to protection against labor practices that the sainted corporations would return to in a nanosecond?
    Please.

Are you comprehension deficient? I never said anything about whether taxes should be higher or lower. I said there's no such thing as a corporate tax, because it is simply passed through to the consumer in the corporation's pricing. The consumer is actually paying the tax, whatever it is. The corporation is just a middle man in the bucket brigade shoveling money from the people to the government. So all this talk about Apple "screwing the American people" is nonsensical.
  • Reply 51 of 92
    drewys808drewys808 Posts: 549member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Yes...many seem to missing this VERY important point.  It's actually decent momentum in a "stale" quarter leading up to a new product cycle.

• Reply 52 of 92
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomdri View Post

And they pay very little taxes. Bravo Apple for fucking America! How many billions did you screw the American people?

Hey Mr. Einstein, HP laid off 27,000 people last year.  Apple's been hiring around the world, they have job openings all over the place.  Too bad they won't hire you, maybe that's why you are so bitter.  They've created jobs with a lot of other american based companies that supply components, equipment for data centers, shipping product.  So, they've probably done more than the PC industry has done.  Open your eyes.  Jeez.  They are also in the process of bringing back more mfg jobs to the USA.

Oh, and the technology industry, before Apple started outsourcing to Asia has been doing that for years.  I think Dell was one of the first, other than the Asian PC mfg.

• Reply 53 of 92
    smalm wrote: »
    There's no problem with Apple legally avoiding paying taxes in Europe.
    There is a problem with Apple avoiding making profit at all by inducing their european subsidiaries to pay absurd high licence fees to the parent company.

- also European

OK, go make a European company whose phones, tablets, computers, and software Europeans want to buy. Then you can tax and regulate the shit out of them to your hearts' content.

Oh, wait, I think I've found the problem.
  • Reply 54 of 92
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member

Quote:

Originally Posted by delreyjones View Post

Well enlighten us.  Why are iPad numbers down?

Like I told before the earnings, last year we had the new iPad 3 in that quarter.  People were hoping the mini would completely compensate, it was too bullish imo. Apple could also be losing a bit of market shares on the tablet space. 

I wish Apple would spread there launches, like doing the big and small iPads 6 months apart. Also october launches means the next quarter wont include any new products.

• Reply 55 of 92
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Dude take your tired BS elsewhere. Apple has done nothing wrong, paid ALL THE TAXES THE LAW REQUIRES THEM TO PAY, and are not the only companies to what they're doing in the tax-arena.

If you want to assign blame for what Apple is doing then look no further than Congress. THEY, not Apple, write the oppressive tax laws & loopholes that companies exploit and people like you bitch at Apple et al for taking advantage of.

Begone troll

They did nothing illegal but it doesn't mean it's not wrong.
  • Reply 56 of 92
    herbapou wrote: »
    Like I told before the earnings, last year we had the new iPad 3 in that quarter.  People were hoping the mini would completely compensate, it was too bullish imo. Apple could also be losing a bit of market shares on the tablet space. 

I wish Apple would spread there launches, like doing the big and small iPads 6 months apart. Also october launches means the next quarter wont include any new products.
    If you look at the sell through iPads were only down 3%. But I agree, hopefully next year they'll spread out product launches more rather than releasing everything in the holiday quarter.
  • Reply 57 of 92

Quote:

'screwing the American People'

(your words)

Pretty clear to even those lacking in reading comprehension.

• Reply 58 of 92
    smalmsmalm Posts: 677member

Am I the only one who thinks Apple failed in Greater China?

Europe showed the expected decline due to the economic crisis.

But the decline in China came unexpected for me. What did I miss?

• Reply 59 of 92
    allenbfallenbf Posts: 993member

Quote:

Are you comprehension deficient? I never said anything about whether taxes should be higher or lower. I said there's no such thing as a corporate tax, because it is simply passed through to the consumer in the corporation's pricing. The consumer is actually paying the tax, whatever it is. The corporation is just a middle man in the bucket brigade shoveling money from the people to the government. So all this talk about Apple "screwing the American people" is nonsensical.

Unfortunately, most people don't realize this truth.

• Reply 60 of 92
    Stock still up a little over 3% after Q&A. Will be intersting to see where it ends up tomorrow.