Apple's iPad holds on to massive tablet usage lead, now at 84%

2»

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 34
    This is obviously a lie. No, there doesn't have to be any explanation for why it is, it just is. Apple can't be doing that well. Obviously they must bow to the demands of idiots who don't know what they actually want, claiming all manner of new products must be released or features must be added.

    That about cover it? :p

    Nobody buys tablets to..."use."
    They're just hardware specs to be worn on your sleeve. /s
  • Reply 22 of 34
    drblank wrote: »
    And the Surface Pro and Surface RT have a kickstand.  See.  click.

    MacBook Air does not require a kickstand and the screen can be positioned in a range of angles.
  • Reply 23 of 34
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,383member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post




    I was "forced" to use a user's Galaxy S4 a few days ago here at the office to configure it to connect to our exchange server.  While I was able to configure it in a few minutes being in IT and using all forms of OS', what made it a horrible experience was trying to undue the settings the joe-user did when he tried to do it on his own before coming to me.  It was so badly configured that just undoing it was a test of patience.



    Android is fine for the tech-saavy and tinkerers.  For the general population, Android is the biggest, steaming pile of garbage.  Fandroids should be downright ashamed of themselves for spinning Android to make it sound it's a product for the masses.  It is not.  Sure it it the largest installed base, but the reality is that Android is being used mainly as a dumbphone, and because it's "free", no one bothers to really make it work well.



    Android is crap.  It's makes me cringe when I use it.  I can navigate it, but those poor users that didn't necessarily know better have to deal with it on a daily basis.



    Hahahahaha...  But the Surface RT has a kickstand.  See.  click...  I would fall out of my chair if they put  a kickstand on a Windows phone.  Maybe they should, they might actually sell some of them.  As for Android.  I never even considered the platform due to the way they release the OS. That's a sure tip off.  Google isn't a personal computing company that has experience with OSs and computers, so I can't buy into their little scheme to buy market share to make Ad based revenues.  

  • Reply 24 of 34
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,383member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post





    MacBook Air does not require a kickstand and the screen can be positioned in a range of angles.


    But, but, but, but the Surface Pro and RT has a KICKSTAND.  See......  click.  Don't you get it?  A KICKSTAND!!!!!!!!!!  it's goes CLICK!!!!

  • Reply 25 of 34
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post


    Yay, AAPL down $5 already!

     


    You really don't understand how a stock price works do you
  • Reply 26 of 34
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    paul94544 wrote: »
    You really don't understand how a stock price works do you

    Sure do.

    Apple does well: stock price falls.
    Apple does poorly: stock price falls more.
    Apple does identically: stock price falls the most.
    Apple cures all forms of cancer and distributes said cure in a single pill, under no manufacturing constraints, to anyone who needs it, for $10, making a profit of $9 on each pill sold: stock goes to zero, since $10 is too much for the pill.
  • Reply 27 of 34
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post



    Sure do.



    Apple does well: stock price falls.

    Apple does poorly: stock price falls more.

    Apple does identically: stock price falls the most.

    Apple cures all forms of cancer and distributes said cure in a single pill, under no manufacturing constraints, to anyone who needs it, for $10, making a profit of $9 on each pill sold: stock goes to zero, since $10 is too much for the pill.

     

    Well if you check after hours trading its up $20 so not only does slurpy have no idea about stocks your first 3 are wrong. But I'll grant you - this time is different because prior to the last 3 quarters the stock got bid up in anticipation of a stellar results, now because of all the unwarrananted negativity there hasn' been the hsitorically large run up so ita behaving more like traditional stock where it actually rises after the numbers beat the whisper numbers!

    I made several 1000 today . I expect the stock to be range bound bweetween 420 and 465 until new products/ next quarter results are announced and the usual hysteria builds about iWatch, TV and so on and whatever other fanciful notions the blogosphere shitcans us to move the price.I bet the dufuses that sold 30mins before the bells are going "oh Frak me!"
  • Reply 28 of 34


    All of you commentators missed that the Indomitable Surface tablet/laptop/desktop has shot past the long-dead HP Touchpad, the stealth marketed Motorola Xoom, the non-thriving Toshiba Thrive, and the still twitching but dead RIMM Playbook. 


     


    Look out Apple, Microsoft has you in it's sights, monkey boy is warming up his dance moves, you are doomed, I tell you, DOOMED!

  • Reply 29 of 34
    drblank wrote: »
    But, but, but, but the Surface Pro and RT has a KICKSTAND.  See......  click.  Don't you get it?  A KICKSTAND!!!!!!!!!!  it's goes CLICK!!!!

    And it keeps the screen angled at 22° because Steven Sinofsky says that's the optimal viewing angle. Never mind that people would view their Surface at different heights from their eye-level.
  • Reply 30 of 34
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    How many Google engineers/Fandroids does it take to change a lightbulb?

    None they just suck the light out of you and darkness prevails
  • Reply 31 of 34
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,383member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post





    And it keeps the screen angled at 22° because Steven Sinofsky says that's the optimal viewing angle. Never mind that people would view their Surface at different heights from their eye-level.


    But the Kickstand goes CLICK.  That's the reason to buy one.

  • Reply 32 of 34
    Let's describe the statistics more accurately: 84.3% isn't "nearly seven out of eight." It is just over five out of six. We don't need to stretch the interpretation: the numbers speak for themselves%u2013and for Apple!!
  • Reply 33 of 34
    frxntierfrxntier Posts: 97member
    dbmaglott wrote: »
    Let's describe the statistics more accurately: 84.3% isn't "nearly seven out of eight." It is just over five out of six. We don't need to stretch the interpretation: the numbers speak for themselves%u2013and for Apple!!

    Or 'nearly six out of seven'
  • Reply 34 of 34


    Who paid Chitika to perform this survey?


     


    Google "iPad market share 2013", and make up your own mind...

Sign In or Register to comment.