Google likely to miss with next-gen Nexus 7, may set new Android standard with 'Moto X'

Comments

• Reply 21 of 99
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member

OT. Now I know why it's only $35. 

HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.

• Reply 22 of 99

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Referring to something like the MotoX It's actually the smartphone locally listening for instructions from the user and locally processing voice commands, not "Google listening".

How do you know it's not listening. Check my sig.

• Reply 23 of 99
    allenbfallenbf Posts: 993member
    matrix07 wrote: »

Kind of misleading, and wrong post. For example, my TV has HDMI and USB (as do most). So it will have one small cable from the Chromecast to the USB. On the BACK of the TV.

Nice try, though.
  • Reply 24 of 99

So when Apple releases their "always on" feature at some point, will you be ok with it?
  • Reply 25 of 99

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

Kind of misleading, and wrong post. For example, my TV has HDMI and USB (as do most). So it will have one small cable from the Chromecast to the USB. On the BACK of the TV.

Nice try, though.

No. The point is it uses off-the-shelf parts with no design at all put into it. Looks at all those butt-ugly components.

• Reply 26 of 99
    customtbcustomtb Posts: 346member
    allenbf wrote: »
    So when Apple releases their "always on" feature at some point, will you be ok with it?
    Yes
  • Reply 27 of 99
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    herbapou wrote: »
    LOL. Last week i sent an email about aquariums on gmail. I am still seing aquarium ads all over the place when i surf the web. The top banner is about aquariums right here on AI.

That is pathetic. Good thing that instead of installing Flash I installed an ad blocker.
    OT. Now I know why it's only $35. 

HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.

Likely to stick out of the side of your TV as well. No thanks Google.
  • Reply 28 of 99

Quote:

Did you read my sig?

Also, since when Apple hacked other's browsers to get information they're not supposed to. Since when Apple lied about the datas they should deleted but not? Need I go on?

• Reply 29 of 99
    As I already commented in another post; if Goog and Apple were still cozy (assuming they aren't, we don't know) none of you would worry a bit. But since they compete in some devices, you bash Goog for doing the same thing that ALL companies are doing.

It's so silly.

So Google throws an ad my way in exchange for great services. I'll take that trade, I'm going to see an ad anyway...at least this one is something I'm probably interested in.

I love both companies, best of both worlds.
  • Reply 30 of 99
    Did you read my sig?

Also, since when Apple hacked other's browsers to get information they're not supposed to. Since when Apple lied about the datas they should deleted but not? Need I go on?

I'm on mobile, can't see sigs.
  • Reply 31 of 99

Quote:

I'm on mobile, can't see sigs.

http://www.beneaththewaves.net/Projects/Motorola_Is_Listening.html

• Reply 32 of 99
    superbasssuperbass Posts: 688member

Great Stock Multi-Bagger Pick! Members hurry as H A I_R is

selling at ONLY 25 cents and is also riped to go Parabolic. H

A I_R has a small float and a tiny quantity of Outstanding

shares. We feel H A I_R will probably be our Strongest pick so

far for 2013. H A I_R just simply leaked Headlines of a

European possible expansion that could choose this pick go

PARABOLIC however the market hasn't discovered it yet.

Members, drop what you're doing At This Time and access H A

I_R in your level II quotes before it's too far gone and you

get chasing this one. There is a lot of latest info regarding

to be sold. H A I_R is our newest number one choice from the

micro cap markets and H A I_R shows to become is there a

performer in a few days within the micro cap markets. We

consider covering H A I_R in the week however we presume

people who don't ACT FAST find yourself chasing H A I_R

greater short-term. (investigating .60) Locks are trading way

undervalued for just .25 cents. H A I_R reminds us of one

other sub penny pick we recently covered and gave you that ran

111% within a couple of days. Don't wait Do it now!

• Reply 33 of 99

Quote:

So Google throws an ad my way in exchange for great services. I'll take that trade, I'm going to see an ad anyway...at least this one is something I'm probably interested in.

It's beyond that, really. You should learn more about Google dark side. I don't know if they are like this when they're cozy with Apple but to think that Google before iPhone was the same company as Google now is a bit, if not very, naive.

for example:

"Google have also made use of the Republican climate change denying lobbying group DCI group in Europe in their attempts to manipulate and weaken European privacy laws to their advantage. They have set up a lobbying firm which is disguised as a privacy NGO, which offers advice to MEPs legislating on privacy issues."

And this is just one small thing they do nowadays.

• Reply 34 of 99

Never heard of this site, sounds speculative.
  • Reply 35 of 99
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,212member

Thanks for the link. I hadn't read any of that until you pointed me to it. Sorry for the delay in responding but I was looking for other reports on the same issue. Didn't find any yet but they're probably out there if the researcher is correct.

Something noted is that Moto's collection tripped Google's suspicious activity alarm so Moto didn't gather anything on Google services like GMail, Google+, etc. Interesting. If the researchers info is accurate I would hope Google is looking into the Moto practices now that they've taken the reins (and no doubt aware of the claim now if they weren't before). It's not acceptable. Period.

Thanks!
  • Reply 36 of 99
    It's beyond that, really. You should learn more about Google dark side. I don't know if they are like this when they're cozy with Apple but to think that Google before iPhone was the same company as Google now is a bit, if not very, naive.

for example:
    "Google have also made use of the Republican climate change denying lobbying group DCI group in Europe in their attempts to manipulate and weaken European privacy laws to their advantage. They have set up a lobbying firm which is disguised as a privacy NGO, which offers advice to MEPs legislating on privacy issues."

And this is just one small thing they do nowadays.

What's their "dark side". Lobbying? Are they doing something to monetize users other than serving up ads?
  • Reply 37 of 99

Quote:

What's their "dark side". Lobbying? Are they doing something to monetize users other than serving up ads?

Lobbying while pretending to be NOT lobbying. Are you OK with that?

• Reply 38 of 99
    blackbookblackbook Posts: 1,361member
    potatoman wrote: »
    Have I missed something on MotoX? 326ppi screen.. 5mp camera... Sound like the 3 year old iPhone 4. What is so amazing about this phone? Besides the always listening... Which to be honest I assume will just drain battery life. How hard is holding a button (Siri), have we really gotten THAT lazy? Imagine if your phone is on the coffee table and you're having a chat to someone and your phone starts googling random shit? No thank you.

Agreed.

This sounds like competition for the upcoming iPhone Lite. Apple and even Samsung have nothing to worry about if this is Moto's "flagship" effort.

Only thing I'm gonna hate is seeing all the ads for this POS.

A $500 million ad campaign? Really Google? What a waste. Looks like the Microsoft Surface debacle all over again tossing a half billion down the drain.
  • Reply 39 of 99
    Lobbying while pretending to be NOT lobbying. Are you OK with that?

Donating to a political group is hardly making believe you're not trying to make your agenda known.
  • Reply 40 of 99

Quote:

Donating to a political group is hardly making believe you're not trying to make your agenda known.

If you think this "..They have set up a lobbying firm which is disguised as a privacy NGO, which offers advice to MEPs legislating on privacy issues." is a common practice then by all means...