;)
  • Reply 62 of 74
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Some could also say it's your life.

It's okay.

Not everybody gets to have a good one.

I trust you noted that my account here is more than a year older than yours, and that you did well enough in arithmetic to appreciate that your post-per-day count is higher than mine, no?

Sorry to hear you have unhappy feelings about how you've spent your time.

Enjoy the rest of the week.

• Reply 63 of 74
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    macrulez wrote: »

Why are you wishing me a good week and scrambling to leave the thread when we're having so much fun?
  • Reply 64 of 74
    gtr wrote: »
    Some could also say it's your life.

It's okay.

Not everybody gets to have a good one.

;)

I trust you noted that my account here is more than a year older than yours, and that you did well enough in arithmetic to appreciate that your post-per-day count is higher than mine, no?

Sorry to hear you have unhappy feelings about how you've spent your time.

If this is a pissing contest, you guys are shooting far enough to soil each other's shoes but not enough for anyone to see who's winning. :)
  • Reply 65 of 74

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Why are you wishing me a good week and scrambling to leave the thread when we're having so much fun?

We're more than a bit off-topic.  If you wish to continue this you're always welcome to write me a private message.

• Reply 66 of 74
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    mikejones wrote: »
    Nuh uh! These armchair CEOs that have never run a business, let alone a massively profitable multinational business, in their life are clearly more competent than Tim Cook! If Apple's BoD was smart they'd install Red Oak and matrix07 as the co-CEOs of the company. Apple's stock would then be up to a billion dollars per share in no time! /s

I like Cook but if we couldn't critise CEO's then Elop and Ballmer would have to be acknowledged as geniuses.
  • Reply 67 of 74
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    gtr wrote: »

We're more than a bit off-topic.  If you wish to continue this you're always welcome to write me a private message.

You asked for it. If you can't take it, you probably should not have started the whole thing between the two of you.
  • Reply 68 of 74

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

You asked for it. If you can't take it, you probably should not have started the whole thing between the two of you.

Where did I say I couldn't "take it"?  What exactly do you imagine that means? 

After noting that his own metric about post counts works to his disadvantage, I wished him well.  When he perpetuated the discussion I simply reminded him that it was off-topic, and -- in contrast to your characterization -- invited him to continue it, only in a more appropriate venue.

Then you come along with a random ad hominem that takes this thread further astray.  What were you hoping to accomplish?

• Reply 69 of 74
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,073member

If there was a game called Ultimate Insider Trading, this would be it.

• Reply 70 of 74
    hydrhydr Posts: 146member

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

But I like my dividends! image

So do I. We can only hope it will see significant growth in the coming years. 

But at least Apple are aggressively spending money to increase shareholder value, if only to reduce the amount of stock out there.

Apple is a huge cash cow, and the share price poorly reflect this. Perfect time for them to reduce the share count by 15-20%. 

Now let´s hope they have some *killer* new products in the pipeline, that will boost EPS and revenue in the years ahead. I´m all for Apple doubling the current dividend payout next year.

• Reply 71 of 74
    tkell31tkell31 Posts: 216member

Just goes to show how powerful dilution is. They bought 36 million shares, but the share count is only down 18 million from the same time last year.  So they've used up 18 billion of the 60 billion available and the share count has barely moved.  I wonder when this gets picked up on.  What a scam.

Anyone who doesnt think buybacks are for insiders is a moron.  Very obvious dividends benefit investors far more than buybacks.

• Reply 72 of 74
    Excellent. Hope they maintain the pace.

They must have something big coming before end of year. With over 2 years left to buy back stock, they have aready bought back a third. At this rate they will have completed 70% of the buy back by Sept 30th. Its amazing the stock pros on cnbc are not all over this. instead they are whining about needing a 5 inch screen. It's also amazing nobody cares about the apple's map app anymore. That was front page news a few months ago.
  • Reply 73 of 74
    ankleskaterankleskater Posts: 1,287member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkell31 View Post

Just goes to show how powerful dilution is. They bought 36 million shares, but the share count is only down 18 million from the same time last year.  So they've used up 18 billion of the 60 billion available and the share count has barely moved.  I wonder when this gets picked up on.  What a scam.

Anyone who doesnt think buybacks are for insiders is a moron.  Very obvious dividends benefit investors far more than buybacks.

Wow. What a sleuth you are. Here's Apple trying to pull a Bernie Madoff like scam on the public and the SEC, and you caught them. No one noticed that they made 18M shares disappear except you. Tim Cook's upside down grin is now seriously drooping. I bet the likes of Copperfield, Penn and Teller run for the hills when they see you in the audience.

• Reply 74 of 74
    They spent $16B to buy roughly 36M shares @444. They would have paid dividend @3.05 on 36M $109.8M. In interest it cost them $80M less tax saving @25% means net cost them $60M means they are saving $49.8M on 36M shares so it is good and I hope that they spend all $60B within next few days and get rid off all fund managers.