WarCraft 3 Performance Issues

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey I have warcraft 3 and want to play it. When i first installed it it worked great, but now its almost too jumpy to even play. It just plays great for 5 secs and, then freezes, and the plays for 5 secs, and then freezes over and over. I have 10.2.4 1GHZ Powerbook, 512 megs of ram, It also did this in 10.2.3, so I dont think upgrading to 10.2.4 is the issue? Anyone have any ideas? I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    try turning off settings that require accessing the CD.

sounds like either a scratched disc or a dirty lens in your comp.

if i had to take a guess.

i should let you know, i have an 800Mhz comp. and it works flawlessly. (bit more ram, but i'm sure that's not the problem)

[ 02-16-2003: Message edited by: alcimedes ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Ok I tried turning off enviromental sounds and 3d audio, and lowering the resolution and still sucky performance. Could it be because the powerbook has a slower hard-drive than regular powermacs maybe? It is just so unplayable, just pausing every 5 secs. Oh and the disk is perfectly clean I have no idea why this is happening
  • Reply 3 of 6
    elricelric Posts: 230member
    Can you hear or feel if the hardrive is spinning up then stopping? It could be that you have it set to put hardrive to sleep whenever possible.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    it plays fine for me, i'm on the same machine only slower, with pretty high settings.

could be the lens inside is dirty. there's no reason it should be pausing like that based on the machine's ability to play the game. the problem lies somewhere else.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Try making the Warcraft CD into a disk image with disc copy. If it works fine with the disk image, then its a CD problem.