Apple Inc. retakes title as world's most valuable company following strong July

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    mechanic wrote: »
    Cherry picking where apple lost market share the last quarter for your point of view does you no credit.  Apples market share also went up in the UK, Spain, and other areas in Europe for the quarters including France if you believe surveys and analysts.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/07/29/ios-phone-share-growing-faster-than-android-in-us-uk-and-france

Seams that you can cherry pick and make your own "dreamworld".

He is in a dreamworld or maybe South Korea? :D
  • Reply 22 of 29
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member

Quote:

Originally Posted by NostrOdamus View Post

It's sad that Apple makes LESS money, gets LESS marketshare, has LESS prospects for successful products, yet people buy their stock. This is the same thing that was happening on the runup to $700. Do people not learn? Do some research before you buy the stock (or their products for that matter).

Outdated and inferior technology/computer products (no matter how cool they look), especially when combined with the prices that Apple sells them at, is not a recipe for success.

You are very funny. And where is this guy.. what's his name.. Constable Hodor??? Where is he?

• Reply 23 of 29

Is it possible to for anyone to reach the toilet handle and rid this thread of all the shit generated by NostrOdamus and his troll bait?

• Reply 24 of 29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post

Seriously?  Please I'm laughing so hard I just hurt myself.  There is not a shred of honesty in anything you said.

Do some research.  Unless laughing is more important than being informed.

• Reply 25 of 29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post

Cherry picking where apple lost market share the last quarter for your point of view does you no credit.  Apples market share also went up in the UK, Spain, and other areas in Europe for the quarters including France if you believe surveys and analysts.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/07/29/ios-phone-share-growing-faster-than-android-in-us-uk-and-france

Seams that you can cherry pick and make your own "dreamworld".

Ok, so you call US+Spain+UK+France the entire world, and I'm the one who's in dreamworld/cherry-picking?  Really?  Let me show you  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth

You should get out more.

• Reply 26 of 29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Jojade View Post

The numbers quoted are for the current quarter.  Historically, when rumors of new Apple products start to swirl, their existing sales taper off.  So, yes, this quarter they don't show the same growth as other handsets that DID have new product launches in the quarter.  Woop.  If you look at longer time periods, you'll see that for a full year, Apple is still top in the market.

Their profit for the quarter is less than last year. However, this was PLANNED. Stock buybacks, dividends, purchasing companies, etc. Apple is spending the money they are making instead of just hoarding all of it into a huge pile.  This will help ensure long term growth, even though the final profit number is less.

And as far as new products, rumors are starting to boil about what might be next.  Remember how little was known about the iPad until it launched?  Apple could have something really spectacular waiting around the corner for us.  It's about that time.

You may be right.  But if the new product is an iPad Mini with Retina display, or the same  computer products but with Haswell chips, I'll be disappointed.  

• Reply 27 of 29
    Ok, so you call US+Spain+UK+France the entire world, and I'm the one who's in dreamworld/cherry-picking?  Really?  Let me show you  <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth" style="line-height:1.231;" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth</a>;

You should get out more.

Why are you here?
  • Reply 28 of 29
    hydrhydr Posts: 146member
    Apple got something big cooking. Not one, but several big things almost ready to launch.

704.36 will be in the rearview mirror in a few months, mark my words.
  • Reply 29 of 29

While it would be nice to see AAPL producing more products which meet the expectations of various fans, what matters most to AAPL investors is that AAPL produce financial results which meet Wall St. expectations. If Wall St. lowers the bar for AAPL (as it has for Netflix, Amazon, Facebook, etc.) and allows Apple to have slimmer margins, slower earnings growth and/or a higher P/E ratio, that will be good for those of us who own shares.

Now, from a consumer standpoint, I am also mildly frustrated that Apple seems to be having trouble coming out with products which make me want to run out and buy one or more. Over the past 3 years or so, I've bought a number of Apple gadgets and I'm very happy with the performance and build quality of all of them. But going forward, I do not *yet* see a reason to buy say, an Apple TV, an iPad Mini or an iPhone. I see myself probably having one or all at some point, but none of them yet does enough to motivate me to plunk down my credit card. Maybe next cycle. I'm in no great hurry.

IMO, Siri should be on the iMac yesterday. The Apple TV should have apps and Siri - even if it cost more. It could also pretty much kill TiVo and the various streaming services in one swipe if it had the ability to DVR programs that it *thinks* we like to the cloud. What I wouldn't give for a TV connected device that had some idea that I love racing, science and tech shows but I hate reality TV and badly written network dramas with a passion. Find me what I want and save me from wasting time channel surfing, Siri!!! The iPhone (and other iOS and OSX driven devices) should have a bigger screen and the ability to be more of a semi-autonomous task execution device, IMO. More devices that are just lighter/thinner/flatter/whatever don't really interest me as a consumer. But again, as an investor, as long as Apple can meet & beat whatever expectations Wall St. lays out, I think things look pretty good now.