Comparison pics show Apple's slight changes in alleged 'iPhone 5S' front panel

Comments

• Reply 21 of 50
    just_mejust_me Posts: 590member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

How can you call a man's wish FUD? There is nothing wrong with someone looking for a compelling new technology for the new iPhone coming from Apple.

Is this how we keep new members, by ridiculing them and telling them to go away for expressing their thoughts and opinions? image

Please dont quote TS. It circumvents my block on him. There is a reason why he was demoted from being a mod and was even banned

• Reply 22 of 50
    dickprinterdickprinter Posts: 1,060member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

*sigh* You'd think after five years of the same posts you people would learn what they look like.

Big ol' white space in KD's post that I assume is a video, by the way.

Yeah but he's new to the site and was expressing his wishes. Since you've seen it too many times over the last 5 years, and obviously have no tolerance for it, maybe it's time you go away.

• Reply 23 of 50

If the rumors of the changes to the 5S are true, I'll stick with my 4S. It's a phone. Not my life!

• Reply 24 of 50
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Yeah but he's new to the site and was expressing his wishes.

You don't even have a clue what a troll is, do you? :no:
    massconn72 wrote: »
    If the rumors of the changes to the 5S are true, I'll stick with my 4S. It's a phone. Not my life!

I'm not saying that you're wrong for sticking with your 4S, I'm saying your decisions for sticking with your 4S are total crap.
  • Reply 25 of 50
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member

Quote:

Yes, because the latter isn't normally a fall reveal.

Enough FUD, please. Go away.

Why don't you go away. That poster you called out made a very valid point. The premium iPhone will need to have some premium features to convince people to pay significantly more than the 5C version. It is very possible this leak was for the 5C and not 5S. Since you didn't bother getting the iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4S, or 5 I wonder what Apple would need to include to impress you enough to actually buy your own iPhone instead of ridiculing people here. 

• Reply 26 of 50
    jazzgurujazzguru Posts: 6,435member

Quote:

You don't even have a clue what a troll is, do you? image

I'm not saying that you're wrong for sticking with your 4S, I'm saying your decisions for sticking with your 4S are total crap.

According to Wikipedia:

In Internet slang, a troll (/?tro?l/, /?tr?l/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Someone is trolling, here, and it's not rosewoodat5th.

• Reply 27 of 50

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosewoodat5th View Post

I am totally expecting Apple to just do the normal 5S upgrade this year... but I am hoping that these leaks are for the "iPhone 5C" since the parts are going to be very similar to the iPhone 5 and that Apple has something a little more impressive and secretive up it's sleeve for the next flagship iPhone.

I mean theoretically these part leaks could just be from someone claiming to have a part to a "new" iPhone - since there are going to be two new ones this year it could easily be confusing for these sources.

Good point. This leak doesn't really tell us too much in any event. I hope the flagship iPhone includes a lot more reasons to buy it over a plastic iPhone than just the fact that it is made out of aluminum. I hope it includes a much, much faster CPU/GPU, more ram, more storage, the fingerprint scanner would be nice as well. Every time I see an iPhone 5 it is behind a plastic case as is mine. Not sure what percentage use cases but I bet it is a very significant number.  Apple will need to clearly demarcate the lines to avoid cannibalization and give people a reason to choose the more expensive offering. 

• Reply 28 of 50
    gwmac wrote: »
    The premium iPhone will need to have some premium features to convince people to pay significantly more than the 5C version.

His implication that it will not IS TROLLING. :wow:
  • Reply 29 of 50
    allenbfallenbf Posts: 993member
    Have any of you ever known TS to backtrack even when he knows he's wrong? I rest my case.
  • Reply 30 of 50

Quote:

His implication that it will not IS TROLLING. image

Nope, try again. He said his expectations are that the 5S will be a normal evolutionary upgrade similar to the 4 and 4S. But he said he hoped Apple had more up their sleeve and were just better at secrecy and will surprise us. That is not trolling in the least. In fact I would think most readers here would agree with him and hope the 5S will offer more surprises than the rumors have indicated. I hope for a 4.8" screen but I certainly don't expect it this year.

• Reply 31 of 50
    gwmac wrote: »
    That is not trolling in the least.

It's concern trolling, yes.
    allenbf wrote: »
    Have any of you ever known TS to backtrack even when he knows he's wrong? I rest my case.

Given that I'm not wrong…

So where is he to agree with you that this is what he meant? Looks like a drive-by to me.
  • Reply 32 of 50
    connieconnie Posts: 101member

The iPhone 5s is going to be awesome. I think we can expect many upgrades regarding the internal hardware. I just hope they sort out the scuff issues with a new type or superior aluminium coating.

• Reply 33 of 50

Quote:

So where is he to agree with you that this is what he meant? Looks like a drive-by to me.

If course you're not wrong, although a few other members have told you otherwise.

Have you thought that maybe he, along with many other Apple device lovers, would like Apple to step-up the pace of their innovation? As much as I love Apple, I know they aren't perfect.....like you think they are. Plus, there's nothing wrong with someone, and I quote, "hoping" Apple come out with another killer iPhone feature to blow the competition out of the water.

• Reply 34 of 50
    If course you're not wrong, although a few other members have told you otherwise.

Are any of those members him? Huh, how about that.
    Have you thought that maybe he…

I figure that he, who did the research to get an iPhone already and who is deciding to go so far as to post on a forum about Apple products, would know a bit about the history of said product.
    …like you think they are.

Thanks for the lies, anyway.
  • Reply 35 of 50

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosewoodat5th View Post

How in the world does what I said count as FUD? I am going to buy the next iPhone for my wife either way. I just think something cool would be cool (and I think the 5S will be cool anyway no matter what Apple puts into it). Anyway nothing that I said equates to "Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt". I don't see what is wrong with theorizing that these part leaks could be mislabeled by the leakers. Anyway I don't appreciate your negativity.

Quote:

In his follow-up post that you've conveniently overlooked.

You're wrong because you misread the intent of his post. Why don't you man-up and admit you jumped the gun.....for once. I'm sure you'll be thanked by many here and looked upon in a higher regard.

• Reply 36 of 50

I get your point, but the leak does confirm a new wave of Apple products coming, soon.

None to soon for me:  Mac Mini is smash up against its 250 GB storage.  Cracked my iPad2 screen the other day...now it is slowly losing pieces of cracked glass into my lap...remaining pieces held in place by a Moshi cover.  Sigh, have really loved it, but it is too heavy, too big.  Going for the mini iPad this time.

Finally, my iPhone 5 Bluetooth is having on again off again issues...so a new trade up program would suit me just fine.  So looks like Apple will vacuum about $2K from my wallet this Fall.

Maybe more if a new Apple TV comes out...love me some new electronics

• Reply 37 of 50

Quote:

Are any of those members him? Huh, how about that.

I figure that he, who did the research to get an iPhone already and who is deciding to go so far as to post on a forum about Apple products, would know a bit about the history of said product.

Thanks for the lies, anyway.

WOW, thick as a brick, you are.

• Reply 38 of 50

Quote:

Hence the reason for his post. He is ***hoping*** that Apple will surprise us with "one more thing" about the new iPhone. History has proven to us that it sometimes happens. You know, like Facetime and the map app, which I think is fantastic compared to most everything else out there. Real, slo-mo video, perhaps?

After all, isn't that what AI is all about?.....discussing the possibilities?

• Reply 39 of 50
    jamesvjamesv Posts: 33member
    No doubt the 5S will bed a great device, but the new fresh design of the 5C will wipe the floor with the 5S in terms of sales......2013 will be all about the 5C as it will still be an upgrade for most.
  • Reply 40 of 50
    jamesv wrote: »
    …the new fresh design of the 5C will wipe the floor with the 5S in terms of sales…

No, it won't. If it does, people are complete idiots. Why would year old hardware outsell new hardware?