Comments

• Reply 21 of 81
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

Does anyone know, what is an iToy?

• Reply 22 of 81
    jupiterone wrote: »
    You're blaming the "iToy fanbase" for there not being any rumors about the Mac? What?? :???::err:

Or just don't pay attention to those stories.

How is this difficult? :rolleyes:

Does anyone know, what is an iToy?

Yes! An iToy is a derisive term used by a few self-important techno-elites to display their ignorance (like fawning over "The Emperor's New Clothes")...

It refers to an Apple mobile/portable [really] personal computer which, when compared to the best PCs of not too many years many ago, is much more powerful at a fraction of the cost... not to mention vastly increased reliability, usability, accessibility...

There have been quite a few articles on AI about the new Mac Pro, OSX Mavericks -- quite a lot when you consider the NDAs involved.

I expected that Mavericks DP 5 would drop yesterday -- and am a bit disappointed.
  • Reply 23 of 81
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member

They don't really care about people talking about the beta, have you seen any attempt to close down websites? Compare to the iPhone 4
  • Reply 24 of 81
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacApfel View Post

I think, what he means is: there are virtually no more stories about the Mac. So ignoring iDevice/OS stories would mean, ignoring AI almost entirely – and I agree. It would be nice to have more (in depth) stories about the Mac and Mavericks.

There's not much new happening on the Mac software front though is there?  And all new hardware and software is dutifully reported, reviewed and talked about until there is nothing left to say.  

So really, there is nothing to complain about and the news that's printed, being weighted towards what's happening and what's new is always going to be about iOS as a result.  

It's not AI's fault that the computing landscape has changed. 

• Reply 25 of 81
    gazoobee wrote: »
    ecs wrote: »
    Man, I wish there was a website about _Mac_ rumors and _Mac_ news. With the time it's getting harder and harder to read stuff about the Mac. And the culprit isn't Apple, because Apple is working hard finishing the new Mac Pro and Mavericks, and other Haswell updates. The culprit is the iToy fanbase. Tough times for Mac users.

I dunno.  
    I heard that most people who only focus on _Mac_ news and who aren't interested in the new modern platform are a bunch of assholes who use insulting terms like "iToy" to describe the objects of their constant scorn.  

Nailed it!
  • Reply 26 of 81
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

They don't really care about people talking about the beta, have you seen any attempt to close down websites? Compare to the iPhone 4

They can't "close down websites", they can cancel dev accounts and ban them from participating in Apple events under any Apple dev capacity. Personally, I'd like to see more open discussion and feedback. Openness (at least in terms of the fine points of development) is a good thing.

• Reply 27 of 81

I just want to know if that ridiculously annoying "YOU'RE IN AIRPLANE MODE!!!!" modal pop-up is finally gone. 

Seriously, it's the worst.

• Reply 28 of 81
    connieconnie Posts: 101member

Of all the Apple products, I am looking forward to the release of IOS 7 the most. So far it looks as if it will enhance the user experience in a big way. Although a lot of people complain about the design choices of some of the icons, I for one think it is going to be a beautiful interface to work with everyday.

• Reply 29 of 81
    They can't "close down websites", they can cancel dev accounts and ban them from participating in Apple events under any Apple dev capacity. Personally, I'd like to see more open discussion and feedback. Openness (at least in terms of the fine points of development) is a good thing.

yeah they can. Or try

http://www.quillandquire.com/blog/index.php/book-news/apple-sends-cease-and-desist-letter-to-gawker-over-scavenger-hunt/

Everybody knows about iOS 7. Apple demoed it. There are 100's of blogs about it. they don't really care.
  • Reply 30 of 81
    heinzelheinzel Posts: 120member

The use of colors to highlight clusters of related function is excellent, brilliant evolution of the design language. If the rest of the updates are as functional and aesthetically pleasing, this is going to be a great release from a UI perspective.

• Reply 31 of 81
    I just want to know if that ridiculously annoying "YOU'RE IN AIRPLANE MODE!!!!" modal pop-up is finally gone. 

There is no dialog when you switch in or out of Airplane Mode! I don't use Airplane Mode, so I am not aware of any normal operations which might display a dialog.
  • Reply 32 of 81
    danielswdanielsw Posts: 906member

Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Did you notice that during the keynote iOS7 never was a black iPhone shown? Same as with Apple's website showcasing iOS7's homepage.

It mustn't look very good on a black phone otherwise why wouldn't it have been shown? 

I agree that it will look awesome with the much rumoured candied iPhones.

I think it was because a white iPhone 5 is more "photogenic" than a black one. It's (nicely) small to begin with, so a totally black case would look relatively featureless on video. The silver gleams and contrasts will with the white glass.

I bought one of the first silver Mazda Miatas in 1990 for the same reason: it gleamed very nicely and was a unique color for a car at the time.

• Reply 33 of 81
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member

There is no dialog when you switch in or out of Airplane Mode! I don't use Airplane Mode, so I am not aware of any normal operations which might display a dialog.

I use it all the time, on my iPad. Somehow it's easier to do that, making it connect to WiFi only than to disable roaming cellular access, when I'm travelling through Europe, going from country to country in a single day.

Oh, no pop-up I've seen
  • Reply 34 of 81

There is a dialog when the user tries to do Internet stuff while in airplane mode. Still there.
  • Reply 35 of 81
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    ecs wrote: »
    Man, I wish there was a website about _Mac_ rumors and _Mac_ news. With the time it's getting harder and harder to read stuff about the Mac. And the culprit isn't Apple, because Apple is working hard finishing the new Mac Pro and Mavericks, and other Haswell updates. The culprit is the iToy fanbase. Tough times for Mac users.

Or it could be that Apple has pretty much dropped a beta update every Tuesday since WWDC with fixes and features each. What, two updates since the Maverricks release? And I don't know anyone with hands on the Mac Pro, do you?

When there is news or rumors I usually find it here as original material or copied from other rumor sites.
  • Reply 36 of 81
    poochpooch Posts: 768member
    Bugs do reportedly remain in the fifth beta [...]

you don't say? bugs? in beta software? stop the presses! i want my money back. either that, or an in-depth ded analysis breaking feature article report of said bugs, to be published on, say, this saturday.

writings such as yours confirm that the muppets running this site truly are clueless. and i mean that in the nicest possible way.
  • Reply 37 of 81

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

In Airplane Mode, if you use an app that tries to access the internet, a modal dialog pops-up to remind you that you're in Airplane Mode. 

Lock the screen, then switch to those the apps again? You get the dialog again. Every single time. 

It's insufferable. Yes, I know I'm in Airplane Mode

• Reply 38 of 81
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    pazuzu wrote: »
    Did you notice that during the keynote iOS7 never was a black iPhone shown? Same as with Apple's website showcasing iOS7's homepage.
    <span style="line-height:1.231;">It mustn't look very good on a black phone otherwise why wouldn't it have been shown? </span>

I have the African-American iPhone and, let me tell you, iOS7 looks a treat on it.
  • Reply 39 of 81
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

yeah they can. Or try

http://www.quillandquire.com/blog/index.php/book-news/apple-sends-cease-and-desist-letter-to-gawker-over-scavenger-hunt/

Everybody knows about iOS 7. Apple demoed it. There are 100's of blogs about it. they don't really care.

Evidently you are blissfully unaware of the real-world restrictions placed on developers.

• Reply 40 of 81

Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

It mustn't look very good on a black phone otherwise why wouldn't it have been shown? 

I agree that it will look awesome with the much rumoured candied iPhones.

Yeah, sure.

Apple has been working on, and will release an iOS that "mustn't look very good" on their flagship device. /s