Samsung seeks 'Galaxy Gear' smart watch trademark as wearable tech market heats up

Comments

• Reply 21 of 49
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It was confirmed long ago that Apple does have people that do just this, yep.

I wouldn't call that silly article a confirmation. A lot of tech companies have paid and unpaid interns. With unpaid ones they are limited in how they can be legally used. Basically they can't displace the duties of a real employee, but it can be a way for companies to hunt for bright students. I suspect that confirmation was something of that sort, intern duties meant to determine how the individuals approach various problems. There are other possibilities like menial projects that were simply doomed.

• Reply 22 of 49
    mudman2mudman2 Posts: 54member

Anyone thought that this all maybe Apple disinformation ?

• Reply 23 of 49
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave MacLachlan View Post

I know it's not the case, but it would by hysterical if all of these companies rushing to get smartwatch products out the door in anticipation of Apple, are all falling for a head-fake from Apple.

I have been thinking this myself, I was wondering if Apple planted this entire idea in hopes it competitors all jumped on the idea only to waste money time and resource on a non-starter product. When in fact Iwatch was something to do with TV not a piece of body jewelery

• Reply 25 of 49
    I think it would be a huge mistake if apple made an "iWatch". Every time I see this rumor it is easily dismissed. What can an "iWatch" do that an iPhone cannot do better? All the talk is a smoke screen...
  • Reply 26 of 49

How do they know what to design when there is no iWatch side by side on their watches?

• Reply 27 of 49
    thedbathedba Posts: 762member

I can honestly see Apple coming out with a really good design for a smartwatch. It probably will require pairing of some sort with an iPhone/iPod Touch and maybe even have some limited functionality when far from other iDevices.

What I see with all other designs out there is downright ugly. Too bulky IMO.

If Apple comes up with a design it'll probably look like the "Nike FuelBand", at least I hope Jony Ive can pull something subtle like that, out of his hat.

Let other manufacturers throw everything including the kitchen sink into their junk. A good designer doesn't just think of what he can put into his creation but also what he leaves out. In that respect, I trust Sir Jony.

• Reply 28 of 49
    9secondko9secondko Posts: 929member

So one day I went to the Appleinsider forums to read up on any rumors or speculation concerning new Macbook Pros or the upcoming Mac Pro.

So I checked out the "FUTURE APPLE HARDWARE" forum.

You know what I found at the top of the list?

A Post from AI about a Samsung watch...

What. the. heck.

• Reply 29 of 49
    solomansoloman Posts: 228member
    mudman2 wrote: »
    Anyone thought that this all maybe Apple disinformation ?

What disinformation? They haven't said anything except file for some trademarks.
  • Reply 30 of 49
    philboogie wrote: »
    Prior art!

Lol. What is that?
  • Reply 31 of 49
    tribalogicaltribalogical Posts: 1,182member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soloman View Post

Because white men with money love young Asian girls. image

And a racist too…? Man, I'm seriously beginning to dislike you. Bringing the entire "Samsung Attitude" to the AI forums now?

Is there a way to "ban" certain people from showing up in threads when I come here?

• Reply 32 of 49
    And a racist too…? Man, I'm seriously beginning to dislike you. Bringing the entire "Samsung Attitude" to the AI forums now?

Is there a way to "ban" certain people from showing up in threads when I come here?

No I'm not racist. Can't you take a joke? Jeez. When did we all become a bunch of sensitive pansies?
  • Reply 33 of 49
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member

Quote:

Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

Funny! :)

I think someone here sarcastically mentioned "knock-ia" was putting windows 8 with Office on a watch! :)

I can't count the number of times I've thought my wrist would be way more awesome with Pivot Tables(TM).

• Reply 34 of 49
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    [quote name="hmm" url="/t/158936/samsung-seeks-galaxy-gear-smart-watch-trademark-as-wearable-tech-market-heats-up#post_2375832"]I wouldn't call that silly article a confirmation.[/QUOTE]

What article? I'm talking about an interview with some guy from Apple in the early naughties who said exactly that: Apple has people who explicitly leak falsified information to see which of their suppliers and retailers to punish.
  • Reply 35 of 49
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    What article? I'm talking about an interview with some guy from Apple in the early naughties who said exactly that: Apple has people who explicitly leak falsified information to see which of their suppliers and retailers to punish.

Ahhh the old channel leaks to see which lie comes back.
  • Reply 36 of 49
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member

Quote:

They may leak false information, but Dave Newton (ex-Safari) debunked the fake project thing.

• Reply 37 of 49
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    sennen wrote: »
    They may leak false information, but Dave Newton (ex-Safari) debunked the fake project thing.

To be clear, do you mean the "fake project" article about how interns and new hires were supposedly put on devices that don't exist?

Not that. I'm talking about something even older.
  • Reply 38 of 49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunks View Post

I can't count the number of times I've thought my wrist would be way more awesome with Pivot Tables(TM).

Wrist Foosball™ anyone? I'm thinking sky is the limit here on the creative possibilities.

• Reply 39 of 49

Quote:

...the early naughties...

Classic... image

• Reply 40 of 49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soloman View Post

No I'm not racist. Can't you take a joke? Jeez. When did we all become a bunch of sensitive pansies?

About the time you stormed into the china shop wearing that bull outfit, maybe?

I'm probably not alone in thinking you probably work with or for Samsung, based on a good number of your posts. You sure know how to troll a thread pretty well too.

Huh, yeah… that's all really.