Apple's Cook being pushed to innovate by board of directors, FOX report says

Comments

• Reply 21 of 160
    connieconnie Posts: 101member

I think the board of directors at any company are always concerned about a lot of things. What they are concerned about are usually anyone's guess. 

• Reply 22 of 160
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,192member

I have missed having something exciting to check out at Apple stores this summer.

• Reply 23 of 160
    I think what drives these pundits crazy is that fact that Apple is one of the most respected and admired brands in the world, but have the restraint to only focus on a few core products.

If Wall Street had their way Apple would be milking it's brand for all it is worth, slapping their logo on anything with a chip in it - or as they see it; innovation!

I am personally glad that Tim Cook is showing patience and not rushing out a bunch of crap just to satisfy the analysts.
  • Reply 24 of 160
    nikiloknikilok Posts: 383member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bcgersh View Post

FYI Apple investors... this is the same guy that CLAIMED to be a Pulitzer Nominee in his bio and then had to drop the "nominee" part of his bio after being outed as being Full of Sh*t.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/also-not-pulitzer-prize-nominee-charles-gasparino-fox-business-848286

Holy cow, that guy has no credibility. His career as a reporter is dead !

He better start innovating better now to keep his job !

Strike One on this Apple related BS !

• Reply 25 of 160
    don108don108 Posts: 79member
    Fox is notorious for misrepresentation and outright lying. Believing anything they say, or reporting on it without making their repeated deceptions clear, places your credibility in jeopardy. I would point out that FOX fought for and won the right to lie in the case of TAMPA, INC. [legal name of a FOX subsidiary], versus JANE AKRE Case No. 2D01-529.
  • Reply 26 of 160
    I know it's probably too much to ask, but why can't a company sitting on $145 billion spend a bit more on R&D than say most other companies on the entire planet. All Apple needs to do is focus on just a couple of technologies. Apple is already working on processors which is great but it really needs to sink more money into battery technology because mobile devices depend so heavily on batteries.

If Apple were to develop the tech for batteries that lasted just 15% longer than any other battery with similar charging properties for a particular size, it would almost be unbeatable as long as they could protect it with patents. It would be a very stealthy type of improvement and it would be useful in practically every product Apple makes. It would practically put Apple at the forefront of every mobile company around.
  • Reply 27 of 160
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I don't think the board would talk to anyone on Apple matters outside of board meetings.

I don't think the board has any business knowing what's in the secret areas of products in Apple.  Imagine if they kept the board involved on what was coming when Eric Schmidt (the mole) was there.

The less the board knows, the better.

I call this article total bullish!t.  Apple is making crazy money and some a$$hat out there trying to get his 15-minutes of Apple fame thinks it's not enough.

• Reply 28 of 160
    gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member
    This is nothing more than the same troll bait being regurgitated on tech forms. Talk about lake of innovation... This guy is the poster child.
  • Reply 29 of 160
    disturbiadisturbia Posts: 563member

Bravo each & every comment above! +1 here.

GTR's comment = Priceless LMAO

• Reply 30 of 160
    bullheadbullhead Posts: 493member

Fox "news"...nuff said....fantasy land.

• Reply 31 of 160
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    eideard wrote: »
    Who pays any attention to FOX Biz News?  I don't even check the box on my D* DVR Guide to have it listed.

You misspelled "Faux News".
    don108 wrote: »
    Fox is notorious for misrepresentation and outright lying. Believing anything they say, or reporting on it without making their repeated deceptions clear, places your credibility in jeopardy. I would point out that FOX fought for and won the right to lie in the case of TAMPA, INC. [legal name of a FOX subsidiary], versus JANE AKRE Case No. 2D01-529.

Glad you brought that up - saved me the trouble of having to look it up.

In that case, Fox argued that whistleblower statutes didn't apply because Akre's claim that Fox was lying was not protectable - since Fox had not legal obligation to tell the truth.

Of course, what do you expect from a company that admits that they're an entertainment station and not a news station?
  • Reply 32 of 160
    tiger2tiger2 Posts: 31member
    Well, I can understand that innovative products like the iPod, iPhone and iPad can take years to develop, I CANNOT understand why it should take so long to UPDATE a THUNDERBOLT DISPLAY PLEASE!
  • Reply 33 of 160
    metrixmetrix Posts: 256member

I totally agree. I think Apple is trying to limit exposure of new products with competing companies like Samsung until they can find other suppliers. You know as soon as Apple comes out with anything new it will immediately be copied. I think there is a back log of products on the horizon. 

• Reply 34 of 160
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    More FUD from analysts. The BoD does not leak info to the press concerning Apple. Sh1t, I remember when Jobs created markets six days a week and rested on Sunday.
  • Reply 35 of 160
    To anyone that believes this Gasparino/Fox claptrap, I've got some beachfront property in Arizona to sell you.

What would these maroons call the new Mac Pro, for instance!? The quality of what passes off for 'news' has become really quite depressing. When I think it couldn't get any worse, it does.
  • Reply 36 of 160
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    I bet these analysts say Apple needs to make a viral video. Just press the Easy button.
  • Reply 37 of 160
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,801member

Pfft! FOX news...enough said!

• Reply 38 of 160
    sflocal wrote: »

I don't think the board has any business knowing what's in the secret areas of products in Apple.  Imagine if they kept the board involved on what was coming when Eric Schmidt (the mole) was there.

The less the board knows, the better.

In the Anglo-American system of governance, that is not an option. (The CEO reports to the Board -- they are his boss). All your thinking and due diligence on the person have to be done before you put someone on the Board.

That said, I can't say that SJ did a particularly good job on the Board front: a bunch of mediocrities, at best.
  • Reply 39 of 160
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    I don't believe this. Perhaps a casual comment about missing Steve's unique genius … but this? How about some news, as opposed to Faux News? After all I know of no other news organization that actually won the right to lie on the news in court, citing freedom of speech in their winning defense.

http://foxnewsboycott.com/resources/fox-can-lie-lawsuit/
  • Reply 40 of 160
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    I know it's probably too much to ask, but why can't a company sitting on $145 billion spend a bit more on R&D than say most other companies on the entire planet. All Apple needs to do is focus on just a couple of technologies. Apple is already working on processors which is great but it really needs to sink more money into battery technology because mobile devices depend so heavily on batteries.

If Apple were to develop the tech for batteries that lasted just 15% longer than any other battery with similar charging properties for a particular size, it would almost be unbeatable as long as they could protect it with patents. It would be a very stealthy type of improvement and it would be useful in practically every product Apple makes. It would practically put Apple at the forefront of every mobile company around.

Second time today I've read you quivering with lust over Apple's cash hoard. You just can't get that out of your mind, can you?

I have it from a reliable source that Apple is spending millions on battery R&D, as well as billions on display evolution, billions more on chip and memory development, and billions on a secret alternative communication network, right in plain view, but no one realizes what they are doing.

Least of all you, who will be one of the last to realize what they're doing. Their R&D is mainly invested in making products that the world hasn't seen before and that no one else can really copy well, because of the way they work, and the way people love them. You and your Wall Street philistine friends are oblivious to the intangible artfulness in any of Apple's products.

I wish you would flip the record over and let us hear the "B" side just once. Oh, and apologies to the Philistines.