Dallas Cowboys star sees birth of son thanks to Apple's FaceTime

Comments

• Reply 21 of 63
    mikejonesmikejones Posts: 323member

Unimpressive. If he had a ZuneRT he could have been video chatting and writing a spreadsheet!

• Reply 22 of 63
    tribalogicaltribalogical Posts: 1,182member

Quote:

Originally Posted by DroidFTW View Post

Apple invented video chat now, too?

Yes of course they did. Of course that's what they were saying. Of course you're super clever.  

/s

• Reply 23 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

LOL

This certainly raises a whole 'nother set of opportunities for Candidate Weiner... Steady there, big fella image

What, you're only just now realizing the possibilities for live sexy-time? image

• Reply 24 of 63
    allenbf wrote: »
    Don't show Tony Romo this.  He has enough trouble with interceptions.

There's an old joke about Joe Garagiola when he was playing... Seems his wife was about to deliver and Joe stood at the foot of the bed in full uniform, smacking his catcher's mitt while yelling "put it right in here, babe".
  • Reply 25 of 63
    isteelersisteelers Posts: 738member
    Ballmer is requiring all his employees to get busy in the bedroom so they can start shooting the Microsoft Skype commercial in 9 months.

Good one!
  • Reply 26 of 63
    LOL

This certainly raises a whole 'nother set of opportunities for Candidate Weiner... Steady there, big fella :D

What, you're only just now realizing the possibilities for live sexy-time? :D

Well, I am 74 years old, widowed from the love of my life for 12 years -- so it really never entered my mind!
  • Reply 27 of 63
    droidftw wrote: »

Reinvented.
  • Reply 28 of 63
    crosslad wrote: »
    Wonder who was filming?

I assume the baby's father. ;)
  • Reply 29 of 63
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Ballmer is requiring all his employees to get busy in the bedroom so they can start shooting the Microsoft Skype commercial in 9 months.

The problem is that when it comes to almost every major Microsoft project in recent years, they've had a problem with performance.

There are going to be a lot of disappointed partners out there......
  • Reply 30 of 63
    backstabbackstab Posts: 138member
    Yeah... I'm just gonna skip this story.
  • Reply 31 of 63
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member

Ouch!
  • Reply 32 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bondm16 View Post

Nope, dont think so. In 2004, Nokia released a phone capable of something truly innovative. The Nokia 6630 became Nokia’s first video calling mobile phone, and while at this point in Nokia’s history the video calling was only achieved through the main camera at the back, it was the Nokia 6680 that launched in 2005 that made video calling more user-friendly.

Actually… there were some Japanese phones (not from Knock-ia) doing something like this in Tokyo in 2002 or 2003 (or possibly earlier) as I recall. A few handsets supported it on (I think) two competing carriers. The one that got the most attention at first was on DoCoMo, but they quickly realized what a bandwidth hog it was, and cut the service down to size. It went from full (albeit quite jittery) "video phone" to short vid-clips and something they called a "live photo" of the caller, which could be updated now and then during the conversation. It was probably most used for 'hot chats', and was fairly short lived. FaceTime really is the only widely embraced "video phone" out there so far that I know of...

• Reply 33 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Well, I am 74 years old, widowed from the love of my life for 12 years -- so it really never entered my mind!

Touche… image

• Reply 34 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

The problem is that when it comes to almost every major Microsoft project in recent years, they've had a problem with performance.

The Blue Screen of Death… in the bedroom?

• Reply 35 of 63
    mikejonesmikejones Posts: 323member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tribalogical View Post

The Blue Screen of Death… in the bedroom?

Blue Balls of Death?

• Reply 36 of 63
    allenbfallenbf Posts: 993member

I'm not buying the story.  That woman in the picture doesn't look like she's just had a baby.  I don't see a baby on the screen.  And the fella in the corner window isn't the same as the guy in the jersey.  I'm calling FUD.

/s

• Reply 37 of 63
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    droidftw wrote: »
    philboogie wrote: »
    I wonder how MS

The usefulness of their tech, and how it enriches peoples lives.

jragosta wrote: »

Hoping to see his newborn instead watching 'doctors at work' because she flipped the camera over to the one on the back ¡
  • Reply 38 of 63
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Oh childbirth of your own kid. The most beautiful disgusting thing you'll ever see.
  • Reply 39 of 63
    crosslad wrote: »
    Wonder who was filming?

LOL... QFT.... More's the pity...
  • Reply 40 of 63
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Touche… :smokey:

I think Dick just said he didn't. ;)