Rumor: New iPhones to debut as 'iPhone 5S' and 'iPhone 5C'

Comments

• Reply 21 of 51
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    ksec wrote: »
    Am i the only thinking those are some fugly colours?
    You do know that this is a rendering and not the real colors?
  • Reply 22 of 51
    povilaspovilas Posts: 473member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

It would be logical to think that colours will be the same as ones available for iPods.

• Reply 23 of 51
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member

About time someone sued them since Obama and the Republican'ts are too chicken to do it.

• Reply 24 of 51
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    If the iPhone 5S has a convex home button, I'll wait & get the iPhone 6.

Why, you want a faster phone with a bigger screen and a convex home button?
  • Reply 25 of 51
    ascii wrote: »
    iPhone Cheap and iPhone 'Spensive. ;)

I'm guessing they will discontinue all other/older models at the same time.

Hehe!

And this old model nonsense can't end soon enough.
  • Reply 26 of 51
    applguy wrote: »
    A few 5C replacement parts have been listed here for a few weeks. www.tvc-mall.com/product/wholesale-iphone-5C-replacement-parts/
    There's also a few 5s parts most notably a SIM card holder that is beige.

My thinking is they will discontinue the 4 and 4S replaced with the 5S and 5C. This will streamline the supply chain for various reasons - screen size, connector.

Well spotted. Though upon closer inspection that beige is clearly pale gold, which I think will be rather attractive.

http://www.tvc-mall.com/details/SIM-Card-Tray-Holder-Replacement-for-iPhone-5S-7th-Genration-OEM-Beige-I5S-901B/
  • Reply 27 of 51
    ksec wrote: »
    Am i the only thinking those are some fugly colours?

Those colours are inaccurate.
  • Reply 28 of 51
    ksecksec Posts: 1,569member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Yes i do. And the leaks and Video points to same colour as well. Which worries me because normally Rendering looks better. And in this case it is not.

• Reply 29 of 51
    jason98 wrote: »
    With a convex home button Apple won't be able to claim true 7.6mm thickness, otherwise they gonna put themselves in line with the rest of the manufacturerers who discount camera bump from overall thickness of their devices.

Of course they can. Who cares anyway.
  • Reply 30 of 51
    miss priss wrote: »
    So now the "S" will stand for "Sapphire"?

No, it stands for "Security"
  • Reply 31 of 51
    relic wrote: »
    I like the baby blue, are they just painted or does the colour run through like with the Nokia Lumia.

That blue is inaccurate. These are the real colours:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SonnyDickson/status/354924020627546113/photo/1

Not sure what's going on with the vomit coloured one. I guess that's one way of ensuring the 5S has more sex appeal. Want a less expensive iPhone? Be prepared to rock a cheesy external colour, or white, and not black. Want a 5S? Sir, would you like that in silver anodised aluminium, black anodised aluminium or champagne anodised aluminium? Have a seat and here's a coffee.
  • Reply 32 of 51
    miss priss wrote: »
    So now the "S" will stand for "Sapphire"?

Or scanner. But really speed.
  • Reply 33 of 51
    notscottnotscott Posts: 247member
    S peculation.
  • Reply 34 of 51
    I guess people don't think that perhaps Apple "leaks" these false rumors to throw off the media. Hmm, just a thought.
  • Reply 35 of 51
    shogunshogun Posts: 362member

Ten bucks says the 5C gets the fingerprint scanner, too.

• Reply 36 of 51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

That blue is inaccurate. These are the real colours:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SonnyDickson/status/354924020627546113/photo/1

Not sure what's going on with the vomit coloured one. I guess that's one way of ensuring the 5S has more sex appeal. Want a less expensive iPhone? Be prepared to rock a cheesy external colour, or white, and not black. Want a 5S? Sir, would you like that in silver anodised aluminium, black anodised aluminium or champagne anodised aluminium? Have a seat and here's a coffee.

Your link shows five pictures of supposedly iPhone hulls taken with five different gamma corrections .......

I think it is not enough to make any statement at all, be it positive or negative.

• Reply 37 of 51
    connieconnie Posts: 101member

I hope these rumors about the iPhone 5c (if that is even the name of a future Apple device) are not true. The phones on the pictures look too much like Nokia Lumia phones. I do not think Apple will ever make phones that look like Nokia phones. Apple will surprise us with something amazing, not this crap that is in the rumor mill at the moment.

• Reply 38 of 51
    shogun wrote: »
    Ten bucks says the 5C gets the fingerprint scanner, too.

$50 says you're wrong. They are looking for differentiators.
  • Reply 39 of 51
    shogunshogun Posts: 362member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

$50 says you're wrong. They are looking for differentiators.

Yes, but not among things that are essential. For example, it will do email. You wouldn't leave that out as a differentiator.

The question to ask, I would suggest, is what would the fingerprint sensor allow, and would that be a perk or essential for key operations? If it's just to have an easy way to unlock your phone by making one touch instead of a press-slide-and-four-touches, well then the 5C won't have the fingerprint tech. But what if it's required for sending money through iTunes between phones and Apple gets 1% per transaction? What if it's also for paying at any business that has an iOS device and Apple gets 1.5%? Then Apple will have the scanner on both the 5C and 5S. And that is my contention and suggestion about why it will be there. 

• Reply 40 of 51
    Though I'm not a gold phone kind of guy, I can see why Apple would offer what most consider the "high end" of smartphones in that color option. Especially if they charge a bit more for it. So many of us "common" people have the iPhone 5 that the luxe crowd needs some kind of differentiator.