'Harry Potter,' 'Matrix,' many other movie series on sale in new iTunes bundles

Comments

• Reply 21 of 58

Dang, the HP collection can up for $10 in the store and when I try to complete purchase it says item is currently being modified and stops me. Oh well. 

• Reply 22 of 58

yeah, but I want the iTunes version so it shows up in the purchased list on my apple tv. I don't want to have to start up a separate app.

• Reply 23 of 58
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    This sucks, because the prices must have just gone up.

I just checked harry potter and lotr, and neither was $10.
  • Reply 24 of 58
    Thanks for the tip on this, but the sale appears to be over. Everything's either unavailable to purchase, or back up to original prices
  • Reply 25 of 58
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Those prices are not available in Canada.

Don't worry, theyre not available in the US either. The article should be updated to reflect the correct prices.
  • Reply 26 of 58
    I just went to purchased HP bundle for $10, confirmed it, got an email saying my CC was charged $1 but the movie is no where to be found in my movie list. then i went back and did it again, and it said it was unable to purchase as it was being modified. look again and the price was $60. refreshed it a few minutes later and it was back to $10. tried to purchase again but keeps saying its being modified.... ARG
  • Reply 27 of 58
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,069member

Yes, this deal appears gone. Must have been some sort of mistake.

• Reply 28 of 58
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member

Deal is back at $9.99 now

• Reply 29 of 58

hopefully I can get it to go through before they fix it!!

• Reply 30 of 58
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member

And... back to $59.99.

In fact- everything is fixed now

Lol... might just check throughout the day

• Reply 31 of 58
    al_bundyal_bundy Posts: 1,525member

oh well

i'll just buy the blu ray then

• Reply 32 of 58
    Definite mistake. I tried to buy the Austin Powers trilogy for $9.99 and got an error that the item was being edited. Now it's $17.99. What a tease.
  • Reply 33 of 58
    juandljuandl Posts: 230member
    Still can't understand why Apple doesn't get in talks with the studios and give Netflix a strong contender. 'Apple iFlix'.
  • Reply 34 of 58
    al_bundyal_bundy Posts: 1,525member

Quote:

Originally Posted by juandl View Post

Still can't understand why Apple doesn't get in talks with the studios and give Netflix a strong contender. 'Apple iFlix'.

yep

$20 per month would be worth it. $30 if you include TV shows

• Reply 35 of 58
    Must have missed it Harry potter $60 for both Sd, and HD.
  • Reply 36 of 58
    That was short lived... The bundles are on sale for good prices but not for $10. Matrix and LotR collections are $18 and HP is now $60. Wish I'd been able to grab those before they changed it!
  • Reply 37 of 58

Crap. The HP bundle showed as $9.99 for the HD collection; I went to download and it told me that "items were being changed." Now it's showing as $59.99.

Phooey. Better not have charged my account for the 10 bucks without me getting anything.

• Reply 38 of 58

Originally Posted by guytoronto View Post

All of them are still crippled due to DRM.

Get over it. It's not like EA.

• Reply 39 of 58
    Don't really see the attraction of this the harry potter blu ray box set is only £27 and lord of the rings is £18.

J
  • Reply 40 of 58
    conrailconrail Posts: 489member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamjam View Post

Don't really see the attraction of this the harry potter blu ray box set is only £27 and lord of the rings is £18.

J

That makes HP $42.  I'd say $10 and the ability to easily throw it on an iPad for the kiddies is a pretty good deal.  

If I want archival copes of movies that are important to me, like the LOTR movies, I'll gladly buy the BD.