How do I completely remove programs?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi,

Could anyone tell me how to completely remove an application from the mac. My copy of Flash MX has become corrupt. When I delete the folder and reinstall, it appears exactly the same. Is there an Add/Remove function on the Mac as used on the PC to completely erase associated files?

Also could anyone recommend a free or cheap de-frag disk utility for the Mac?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Danhero

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    os10geekos10geek Posts: 413member
    Well, the defrag utility would be either Drive 10 or DiskWarrior, take your pick (I don't recall the manufacturers, but a Google search of either one will do it). As for your main problem, see if there is an "Uninstall" application for Flash MX, either on your computer or on the internet. You can also open the "Find" function of the Finder and type in "Flash MX" and delete everything that comes up. I hope that my advice helps.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by os10geek:

<strong>Well, the defrag utility would be either Drive 10 or DiskWarrior, take your pick (I don't recall the manufacturers, but a Google search of either one will do it). As for your main problem, see if there is an "Uninstall" application for Flash MX, either on your computer or on the internet. You can also open the "Find" function of the Finder and type in "Flash MX" and delete everything that comes up. I hope that my advice helps. </strong><hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 3 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by os10geek:

<strong>Well, the defrag utility would be either Drive 10 or DiskWarrior, take your pick (I don't recall the manufacturers, but a Google search of either one will do it). As for your main problem, see if there is an "Uninstall" application for Flash MX, either on your computer or on the internet. You can also open the "Find" function of the Finder and type in "Flash MX" and delete everything that comes up. I hope that my advice helps. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Thank you very much for that quick response. Using the find function did the trick and I managed to reinstall in perfect working order.

Thanks again

Danhero
  • Reply 4 of 4
    os10geekos10geek Posts: 413member
    Any time.