Smartphones outsell feature phones for first time, while Apple's iPhone loses market share - Gartner

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 76
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member

Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

paid by Samsung?

These stats are USELESS.  You need to compare Apple's marketshare in the HIGH END smartphone segment only ($500-$700).  In that segment Apple is dominating.  Comparing a $50 Chinese crap 'smartphone' that can barely load Google.com to a premium $600 phone is plain stupid and lazy.

Agree! Samsung tried to get every penny with these kinds of cheap junk smartphones like these for $49-$99 without contract. These phones sucked but still had market for them.

• Reply 62 of 76

Quote:

Originally Posted by Applesexual View Post

Hi, fellow American patriots and Apple fanatics. I'm new here. I don't normally go on internet forums, but I'm getting kind of desperate right now. You see, I've been a good Apple user for so long now and I have looked up to and followed the words of the great Steve Jobs all my life. He has promised in the scriptures that he would never forsake us good lambs and the good Apple zealots will join him in heaven for all eternity while the unfaithful will be sent to hell, where they'll be stuck with Android phones and windows PCs forever. I met my wife through a local starbucks, where we Apple fans go to find mates. The moment I first laid eyes on her, I knew Steve Jobs meant for us to be together. It was like touching an iPhone for the first time. We dated. We married. Now we have 3 children together who are devote Applesexuals like us. At that time, I was so happy Steve Jobs blessed us with such a good and fulfilling life. We attended Apple church every Sunday and prayed to our macbooks every night. Last week, my wife came home and her phone made a strange noise. I'm sure all of you have read the scriptures. Well, in case you haven't, Steve Jobs told us about a vastly evil entity that preys on the weak and steals personal information from unwitting victims. This satanic entity was called Google. Google has many evil generals, but the biggest and nastiest general is a demon by the name of Samsung. Steve Jobs warned that Samsung, with its marketing brute, would attempt to brainwash the good Apple fans and turn them into Android slaves. Steve Jobs told me in my sleep that it was my duty to enter Samsung's territory and scout for information. I have studied all I can about Samsung and know every detail of their products. That is why I was able to recognize a Samsung ringtone on my wife's phone. When I asked her about it, she quickly denied it and went to her room. I was shocked. I knew it. I knew the truth. She was cheating on me with an Android phone. I can't believe a woman of her stature could have been manipulated by Samsung and its evil tricks. It just hurts so much. I'm so heartbroken right now. I can't even look at my children without having a look of disgust. I know they'll turn out like my wife when they get older. I'm just so torn right now and I don't know what to do. I've considered running away from home and taking refuge in my local starbucks with other Apple fanatics. I can't face reality anymore. Please, what should I do? I can't confront my wife about it. It's just too much for me. Help!!! All hail Apple and GO AMERICA!!!

The Apple in me tells me you should steal her p o s phone and crack it open, and put a little turd inside it... that will confuse her and she'll want to get rid of it!

• Reply 63 of 76
    Hi, fellow American patriots and Apple fanatics......

Do you write copy for Samsung ads?
  • Reply 64 of 76
    hjbhjb Posts: 278member

I don't know how to put this without upsetting you AAPL shareholders.  With Moto X, iPhone market share will fall, imo.  If Apple introduce iPhone 6 with bigger screen next year, Apple may come back but it would probably be too late.

No, I am not a paid shill.

• Reply 65 of 76
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    nelsonx wrote: »
    Yes, with WHAT??? We all know that Cook is the last man on Earth! How can you replace Cook? Blasphemy!

So you are saying any living human being could do better? Please don't tell me that is what you are saying.

I'm with digitalclips on this one. I'm not saying TC is the best man for the job, but I cannot think of better. CEO market is full of Leo Apothekers and sadly very desolate of Jobs and Gates. I think having in-house bred CEO who knows and understands company's heart and soul is huge advantage. I cannot think of any other Apple executive that would be better then Tim. Outsiders, yes - I'd really like to hear some suggestions.

But as it is, your "mocking" is meaningless.
  • Reply 66 of 76
    Hi, fellow American patriots and Apple fanatics. I'm new here. I don't normally go on internet forums, but I'm getting kind of desperate right now. You see, I've been a good Apple user for so long now and I have looked up to and followed the words of the great Steve Jobs all my life. He has promised in the scriptures that he would never forsake us good lambs and the good Apple zealots will join him in heaven for all eternity while the unfaithful will be sent to hell, where they'll be stuck with Android phones and windows PCs forever. I met my wife through a local starbucks, where we Apple fans go to find mates. The moment I first laid eyes on her, I knew Steve Jobs meant for us to be together. It was like touching an iPhone for the first time. We dated. We married. Now we have 3 children together who are devote Applesexuals like us. At that time, I was so happy Steve Jobs blessed us with such a good and fulfilling life. We attended Apple church every Sunday and prayed to our macbooks every night. Last week, my wife came home and her phone made a strange noise. I'm sure all of you have read the scriptures. Well, in case you haven't, Steve Jobs told us about a vastly evil entity that preys on the weak and steals personal information from unwitting victims. This satanic entity was called Google. Google has many evil generals, but the biggest and nastiest general is a demon by the name of Samsung. Steve Jobs warned that Samsung, with its marketing brute, would attempt to brainwash the good Apple fans and turn them into Android slaves. Steve Jobs told me in my sleep that it was my duty to enter Samsung's territory and scout for information. I have studied all I can about Samsung and know every detail of their products. That is why I was able to recognize a Samsung ringtone on my wife's phone. When I asked her about it, she quickly denied it and went to her room. I was shocked. I knew it. I knew the truth. She was cheating on me with an Android phone. I can't believe a woman of her stature could have been manipulated by Samsung and its evil tricks. It just hurts so much. I'm so heartbroken right now. I can't even look at my children without having a look of disgust. I know they'll turn out like my wife when they get older. I'm just so torn right now and I don't know what to do. I've considered running away from home and taking refuge in my local starbucks with other Apple fanatics. I can't face reality anymore. Please, what should I do? I can't confront my wife about it. It's just too much for me. Help!!! All hail Apple and GO AMERICA!!!

I have heard that meddling with car brakes can yield satisfying results.
  • Reply 67 of 76
    mechanicmechanic Posts: 805member

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholas_hagen View Post

Samsung will always be on top...what do you expect from a company that sells 80 different models (slight exaggeration)? 

Actually a big underestimation.  According to there website they sell 165 different models of Cell phones

• Reply 68 of 76
    bleh1234bleh1234 Posts: 146member

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

I have heard that meddling with car brakes can yield satisfying results.

Wow. Premeditated murder. Nothing but the best idea from an Apple fanatic.

• Reply 69 of 76
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    hjb wrote: »
    I don't know how to put this without upsetting you AAPL shareholders.  With Moto X, iPhone market share will fall, imo.  If Apple introduce iPhone 6 with bigger screen next year, Apple may come back but it would probably be too late.

No, I am not a paid shill.

You're just a dumb shill. Quick, what pct of the public knew Moto Mob. still existed?
  • Reply 70 of 76
    bleh1234bleh1234 Posts: 146member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

You're just a dumb shill. Quick, what pct of the public knew Moto Mob. still existed?

At least 1 person knows, you.

• Reply 71 of 76
    hjbhjb Posts: 278member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Motorola set marketing budget 500mil for Moto X?  Yes, I think people would certainly know its existence and 4.7 inch screen by the time iPhone 5s is introduced. 

• Reply 72 of 76
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    hjb wrote: »
    Motorola set marketing budget 500mil for Moto X?  Yes, I think people would certainly know its existence and 4.7 inch screen by the time iPhone 5s is introduced. 

That $500M claim comes from an unidentified source "familiar with the matter". Sounds like an unreliable claim IMO, especially considering Google managements own statement that there were no "wow" devices coming from Motorola Mobility this year. He said there was about 18 months of product already in the pipeline when Google purchased MM so Google's stamp wouldn't be evident for awhile.
  • Reply 73 of 76
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by hjb View Post

With Moto X, iPhone market share will fall, imo.

That's fine, but your opinion is wrong.

• Reply 74 of 76
    bleh1234 wrote: »
    Wow. Premeditated murder. Nothing but the best idea from an Apple fanatic.

Seriously?!? But consider situation that poor soul has found himself in. His and his kids immortal souls are in danger. Once you let the devil take roots in your household, there is no easy way out; and Jason Miller, unfortunately, died in 2001. To make it even worst, Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch was already spent. Which makes it even harder.

Desperate time, desperate measures? That woman's soul is already lost. Save the innocent, I say.
  • Reply 75 of 76
    poksipoksi Posts: 482member

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

Thanks for speaking on behalf of all devs. I've had a couple tell me they love developing on Android. Clearly, they were wrong.

You usually don't bother to understand what the people are saying or writing, do you?