Samsung to reportedly debut 'Galaxy Gear' smart watch on Sept. 4

Comments

• Reply 61 of 81
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    gtr wrote: »
    Here's an excellent example of why it may be a good idea to reinstate Tallest.

Moderation appears to be non-existent at the moment.

I 'second' that.
  • Reply 62 of 81
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member

Seems exom's excellent and uplifting posts are disappearing. This particular old white guy would like to hire those crayon pops for some cool cheerleading, yessir. Goggles, helmets and all. That Samsung has some class.
  • Reply 63 of 81
    dickprinterdickprinter Posts: 1,060member

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I 'second' that.

Only problem with your good idea is...TS doesn't seem to be around either!

• Reply 64 of 81
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Only problem with your good idea is...TS doesn't seem to be around either!

Without the need to moderate, why would he be around?

Oh, and I suspect he sleeps.

Occasionally.

;)
  • Reply 65 of 81
    flaneur wrote: »
    Seems exom's excellent and uplifting posts are disappearing. This particular old white guy would like to hire those crayon pops for some cool cheerleading, yessir. Goggles, helmets and all. That Samsung has some ASS.

Fixed that for you.

;)
  • Reply 66 of 81
    pembrokepembroke Posts: 230member

Perhaps Apple should release some FUD regarding a wearable foot item notionally called the 'iFoot'?

And then step back and see whether Samsung puts their foot in it too? They might come out with one targeted at Runners and call it the Samsung 'AthletesFoot'?

• Reply 67 of 81
    solomansoloman Posts: 228member

You haven't been paying attention, because exom, Sonysexual, and dasanman69 have all been banned in the last few days.
  • Reply 68 of 81
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

Quote:

Originally Posted by pembroke View Post

... They might come out with one targeted at Runners and call it the Samsung 'AthletesFoot'?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ifoot/id327209881?mt=8

iFoot for ya...

• Reply 69 of 81
    soloman wrote: »
    You haven't been paying attention, because exom, Sonysexual, and dasanman69 have all been banned in the last few days.

"Moderation appears to be non-existent at the moment."
  • Reply 70 of 81

Exom's posts were removed pretty quickly and he/she was rightly banned. Moderation isn't instantaneous and many times rely on our flagging of posts.
  • Reply 71 of 81
    Do you ever think about it?

If there is life...after banning?

;)
  • Reply 72 of 81
    Do you ever think about it?

If there is life...after banning?

;)

It's more like a suspension because it's not permanent.
  • Reply 73 of 81
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    Fixed that for you.

;)

Y'know, I hadn't thought of this particular angle on gender objectification until Samsung brought it into focus for me. You, of course, now give it language. Samsung is way ahead of Apple on this "life companion" front.

Or back. I can't decide. I see in other linked videos that the real Crayon Pops wear sweat pants and use Apple products. Ugh. I'll take these Samsung impersonators.
  • Reply 74 of 81
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    soloman wrote: »

Exom's posts were removed pretty quickly and he/she was rightly banned. Moderation isn't instantaneous and many times rely on our flagging of posts.

Some people also have a habit of quoting these comments multiple times immediately after they are posted, which makes it far more time consuming to clean up (e.g instead of 6 comments or so to delete, it turns into 30-50 comments across multiple threads) and no matter how many times this sort of thing happens, the same replies happen. These people sign up to the forum to get attention and rile people up. When people respond to them, they got what they came for. As soon as people see someone doing this, flag the post, hover over the name and block them.
  • Reply 75 of 81

Originally Posted by Soloman View Post

It's more like a suspension because it's not permanent.

Yeah, it is. Unless you mean in the sense that they'll just create a new account.

• Reply 76 of 81
    Yeah, it is. Unless you mean in the sense that they'll just create a new account.

No I saw Sonysexual get banned about 2 weeks ago and if I wasn't imagining things he was back on again yesterday and immediately started spewing hatred.
  • Reply 77 of 81

Originally Posted by Soloman View Post

No I saw Sonysexual get banned about 2 weeks ago and if I wasn't imagining things he was back on again yesterday and immediately started spewing hatred.

Oh, that kind. Yeah, I wish Huddler differentiated the name between 3, 5, and 10 day bans and the real thing. vBulletin did.

• Reply 78 of 81
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    Let us keep all the photos and data on functionality of their pre Apple watch and compare it to their post Apple watch. If the rapid and extreme makeover is anything like their smart phones and tablets had after they saw Apple's products it should be hilarious .
  • Reply 79 of 81
    c4rlobc4rlob Posts: 277member
    I seriously hope Samsung and Apple announce a wearable watch/band around the same week. It would be the perfect side-by-side comparison of what each company is able to deliver without the benefit of copying the other or the excuse of tic-toc catchup.
  • Reply 80 of 81
    am8449am8449 Posts: 392member

This is great news!  Some free preliminary market research for Apple to use when they launch their own product.