Apple seeds iOS 7 beta 6 to developers with iTunes in the Cloud bug fixes

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Straying from its usual Monday build release schedule, Apple seeded the sixth beta of iOS 7 to developers on Thursday with fixes for iTunes in the Cloud.

Beta 6

While nothing is mentioned in the accompanying release notes, Apple's Developer Center says the seed fixes an issue with iTunes in the Cloud.

According to the online document, some developers were seeing purchases "download or play unexpected items." Apple's fix for this issue involves downloading a special configuration file to reset a device's Media Library.

The latest build comes on the heels of rumors claiming Apple is close to seeding a golden master version of the next-generation iOS to partners ahead of a final iteration for developers.

Apple is expected to announce a next-generation iPhone, dubbed by many as the "iPhone 5S," and possibly a low-cost handset at an event on Sept. 10. It is thought that developers will be able to get their hands on the final iOS 7 build at that time, while the public will be granted access soon thereafter.

The iOS 7 beta 6 seed comes in as 13.5MB download.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    However you need Wifi to download the 13.5MB. :(
  • Reply 2 of 18

Does anyone know when they will release the 5.4 for Apple TV?  Do they useally announce Apple TV updates or just push 'em out?  Will we see GM ios7 sooner the expected?

• Reply 3 of 18
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member

LOL BGR.

• Reply 4 of 18
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    As a non-developer it's been fascinating to watch iOS 7 evolve since the Keynote.

I'm really looking forward to getting this on all my devices the second it's released.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    vl-tonevl-tone Posts: 337member

Oh my god they have completely remade all the icons!!

In your dreams. Get used to them. ;)

• Reply 6 of 18
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Seems like this is just a iTunes hot fix.
  • Reply 7 of 18
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    vl-tone wrote: »

You know this whole icon thing (and jokes about it) are getting really old...
  • Reply 8 of 18
    vl-tonevl-tone Posts: 337member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Ok sorry Rogifan I will never do it again.

• Reply 9 of 18
    cutykamucutykamu Posts: 229member

Quote:

Originally Posted by VL-Tone View Post

haha, even though i like the iOS 7 icons as it is right now, for a second i believed you.

• Reply 10 of 18
    zozmanzozman Posts: 393member

I love the new icons, iOS 7 makes me happy inside when i use it.

My friend thinks its "Too juvenile" :S

• Reply 11 of 18

i updated to B6 OTA

but do i need to download the (ResetMusicAndVideosLibraries) config profile from the Dev site as well??

• Reply 12 of 18

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

You know what's really getting old? ME.

I miss unboxings. I miss the feeling around Apple and the culture from the early naughties. Heck, the '90s, even. I don't miss the feeling of doom pre-post-Steve, but the excitement when he came back and the products and changes associated therewith were wonderful. I miss the hate from those who thought the iMac and iPod were crap. Yes, we have hate now, but that was different hate. That was fear at the unknown and uncertainty at the implications. Now it's cold cash hate. Or it's hipster hate. Or it's 

Apple has become pedestrian in those senses. It's a shame. Not that I'm complaining about their success. It's totally justified and worth it. I just wish we still had all that suspense…

… Dang, all I wanted to say was that we have a ton of old jokes on here, from the "Breaking: something equally obvious to make fun of the obviousness of analyst statements" to our many jabs at the Anti-Apple Brigade to "It's snappier!". It just got me thinking, is all. I think it's fine that we're joking about how the icons changed. I think we might look back on it with fondness. Not nearly as much as unboxings or a new iPod model, no, but it will be a memory, good or bad.

• Reply 13 of 18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Bailey View Post

However you need Wifi to download the 13.5MB. image

Not really!

• Reply 14 of 18
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonSchmidt View Post

i updated to B6 OTA

but do i need to download the (ResetMusicAndVideosLibraries) config profile from the Dev site as well??

If you are a Dev, you should know...

• Reply 15 of 18
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I miss unboxings. I miss the feeling around Apple and the culture from the early naughties. Heck, the '90s, even. I don't miss the feeling of doom pre-post-Steve, but the excitement when he came back and the products and changes associated therewith were wonderful. I miss the hate from those who thought the iMac and iPod were crap. Yes, we have hate now, but that was different hate. That was fear at the unknown and uncertainty at the implications. Now it's cold cash hate. Or it's hipster hate. Or it's 

Apple has become pedestrian in those senses. It's a shame. Not that I'm complaining about their success. It's totally justified and worth it. I just wish we still had all that suspense…

… Dang, all I wanted to say was that we have a ton of old jokes on here, from the "Breaking: something equally obvious to make fun of the obviousness of analyst statements" to our many jabs at the Anti-Apple Brigade to "It's snappier!". It just got me thinking, is all. I think it's fine that we're joking about how the icons changed. I think we might look back on it with fondness. Not nearly as much as unboxings or a new iPod model, no, but it will be a memory, good or bad.

Computing today is actually boring compared to the 80's.  I list a few reasons below...

• People in their basement/garage building a selling hardware to take the computer of choice to levels never dreamed by the creators.

• People in the bedrooms writing software that surpasses commercial software.

• Writing your own software.

• Typing in programs from a magazine all night long.  Forgetting to save it...image

• When returning from the store with new computer or hardware, turning it over, locating the sticker that says "If this label is...", too late, screwdriver has already penetrated it.

• Remove capacitors, solder wires, cut holes in cases, install upgrade boards with "solder", etc.

• Hovering over the mailbox at that certain time each moth for your magazine of choice.  New info only came once a month back them.

• Writing a check and sending for new software.  Again hovering over the mailbox (not inbox youngsters) waiting for that software.

• Attending a computer show and spending a months salary on things you have drooled over in that magazine for the last year.

• Getting together with friends and playing with the computers. (face to face)

• 300/1200/2400 baud

• 9 Pin and 24 Pin (if you get it, you know)

• etc. etc. etc.

The wilderness was a lot more fun...who remembers?

• Reply 16 of 18

Quote:

Originally Posted by icoco3 View Post

If you are a Dev, you should know...

i know, took me a minute, it didn't show the first time i logged in. i had to log in a few times before it came up! i just figured since i did the update OTA then i wouldn't have to..

thanks tho

• Reply 17 of 18
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member

This did NOT fix any issues with iTunes in the Cloud. It made them much worse.

• Reply 18 of 18
    icoco3 wrote: »

Computing today is actually boring compared to the 80's.  I list a few reasons below...
    • People in their basement/garage building a selling hardware to take the computer of choice to levels never dreamed by the creators.
    • People in the bedrooms writing software that surpasses commercial software.
    • Writing your own software.
    • Typing in programs from a magazine all night long.  Forgetting to save it...:lol:
    • When returning from the store with new computer or hardware, turning it over, locating the sticker that says "If this label is...", too late, screwdriver has already penetrated it.
    • Remove capacitors, solder wires, cut holes in cases, install upgrade boards with "solder", etc.
    • Hovering over the mailbox at that certain time each moth for your magazine of choice.  New info only came once a month back them.
    • Writing a check and sending for new software.  Again hovering over the mailbox (not inbox youngsters) waiting for that software.
    • Attending a computer show and spending a months salary on things you have drooled over in that magazine for the last year.
    • Getting together with friends and playing with the computers. (face to face)
    • 300/1200/2400 baud
    • 9 Pin and 24 Pin (if you get it, you know)
    • etc. etc. etc.

The wilderness was a lot more fun...who remembers?

• bust-out boxes
    • wire-wrap tools
    • S100 Bus
    • Tarballs
    • chadless tape
    • Nevada CoBOL
    • Flippy Disks
    • Kentucky Fried Computers
    • The Trash-80

...I sold an Altair once!