Supposed gold color variant of next iPhone shown off in pictures

Comments

• Reply 21 of 102
    Dear! Why are a serious blogs like apple insider posting such a nonsense day by day? Please stop such shitty news.
  • Reply 22 of 102
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    That's one of the nicest gold colors I've seen.

That's not saying much. Bury it deep! Aaaaggh!

Steve Jobs would never have done this. (But he would make a floral-print iMac.)
  • Reply 23 of 102
    jwyattjwyatt Posts: 93member
    My wife is by no means an opulent shopper but I can tell you she will drool over a gold iphone. It's not for me but I'd bet most women in general will dig it. What girl doesn't dream of a LV purse etc. I think this will be a big hit with the ladies.
  • Reply 24 of 102
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

The Queen of England wears tons of gold ….

Doesn't actually.  Mostly silver and diamonds, mostly understated or only on state occasions. 

• Reply 25 of 102
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagromme View Post

…  Steve Jobs … would make a floral-print iMac.

and probably a leopard print iPad too. 

• Reply 26 of 102
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Doesn't actually.  Mostly silver and diamonds, mostly understated or only on state occasions. 

Really? What's the bulk of her crown made up of then- copper? And her scepter? lol!

• Reply 27 of 102

Quote:

Originally Posted by loumazz View Post

Gold is a very popular color...in China.

This.  Everyone is reacting to the new colors (both the rumored gold and the iPhone 5C neon shades) as if the only reasonable standard of taste is in America or Europe.

But in case you haven't noticed, Apple has been experiencing meteoric growth in Asian markets.  Apple makes more money in Asia-Pacific/Japan than in the Americas, and at current growth rates will shortly make more money in Asia than the Americas and Europe combined.

Given all that, can anyone be surprised if they started offering products with a palette that might appeal to the majority of their consumers?  Color preference  is entirely a matter of acculturation, and what reads as "gaudy" or "tacky" in one place can be "rich" and "exciting" in another.  They still are offering their traditional stuff as well, so everybody wins!

• Reply 28 of 102
    Nothing new, if true. Tasteless [URL=http://www.goldgenie.com/gold-iphone-5.php]exists[/URL] already :)
  • Reply 29 of 102
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Looks fake.

Just like these black market chassis made by a third party company.

[IMG]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/29979/[/IMG]
  • Reply 30 of 102
    Goldmember would love it.
  • Reply 31 of 102
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwyatt View Post

My wife is by no means an opulent shopper but I can tell you she will drool over a gold iphone. It's not for me but I'd bet most women in general will dig it. What girl doesn't dream of a LV purse etc. I think this will be a big hit with the ladies.

Most of the ladies I know carry their iPhone in their purse, hence, they all have protective cases so the phone doesn't get scratched from the car keys, etc. Why would someone buy the gold model just to hide it in a case. I think all these new colors are designed specifically for the Chinese market. My Chinese friend told me that some people there will buy really expensive brand of cigarette even though they don't smoke, just to put the pack on the table in a cafe for others to see. Same deal with expensive phones I would imagine. The colors of the plastic iPhones are for the young pop culture teens in China as well. Looks like Tim and company are going 'all in' with China.

• Reply 32 of 102

If this one turns out to be true -- and I hope it is -- I will do a 180º on my opinion of Ming-Chi Kuo.

• Reply 33 of 102
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    China-only model, or a fake to suss out leakers.
  • Reply 34 of 102
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member

Nice gold color because its on aluminium, so it looks good. On plastic it would had look like crap, but on real metal its a nice option and could appeal to some people.  Note that since Apple is one of the few with metal shells not a lot of other phone will be able to copy this.

• Reply 35 of 102
    jetlawjetlaw Posts: 156member
    Makes perfect sense:

White iPhone for female customers;
    Black iPhone for white customers;
    Gold iPhone for black customers.

/s :no:
  • Reply 36 of 102
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member

Since I always have and always will use a case with an extended battery for protection and extra juice the color or design of a new iPhone really is unimportant to my decision. But I don't think it looks as bad as some people here seem to think. Only having 2 colors for a long time is getting a bit boring. I will definitely be choosing a new color case for my next phone as I am tired of black. I prefer darker colors though so hope I can find a dark blue case. 

• Reply 37 of 102
    bigpicsbigpics Posts: 1,397member

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

Nice gold color because its on aluminium, so it looks good. On plastic it would had look like crap, but on real metal its a nice option and could appeal to some people.  Note that since Apple is one of the few with metal shells not a lot of other phone will be able to copy this.

That fact that phones use multiple colors (any multiple colors) as a selling feature is an indication that they're ipso facto a consumer "lifestyle" product - through which one has the perception of accruing status via their personal palette prefs. 

And gives the illusion of making important choices in the age of the "shopper-gatherer." 

That said, I'm not put off by this particular one, should it emerge at the phone's intro.

• Reply 38 of 102
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    "Is Apple and Jony Ive losing it's cool? This is gaudy and unattractive. May appeal to Kim Kardashian but not the general public. Also the supposed low cost phone colors are also hideous. The yellow looks like a canary yellow"

Apart from your terrible grammer: This is a rumor, Apple doesn't sell a Gold phone so how can Apple and John Ivy lose its cool on a non existant product?

• Reply 39 of 102
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

This is fake.  I'll steak my reputation on it (which i dont have anyway)

I'll have that steak with fries please?
  • Reply 40 of 102
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    mazda 3s wrote: »
    Should be popular in Jersey

Watch it. You meant North Jersey, I imagine.

Still, not the worst gold color.