• Reply 61 of 102

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetlaw View Post

Makes perfect sense:

White iPhone for female customers;

Black iPhone for white customers;

Gold iPhone for black customers.

/s image

We are what we post. Even in jest, you have just painted your character for all to see.

• Reply 62 of 102
    ruel24ruel24 Posts: 432member
    Tacky. I doubt Apple would release something this ugly.
  • Reply 63 of 102
    "I love...goooolddd!" -- GOLDMEMBER
  • Reply 64 of 102
    paul94544 wrote: »
    "Is Apple and Jony Ive losing it's cool? This is gaudy and unattractive. May appeal to Kim Kardashian but not the general public. Also the supposed low cost phone colors are also hideous. The yellow looks like a canary yellow"

Apart from your terrible grammer: This is a rumor, Apple doesn't sell a Gold phone so how can Apple and John Ivy lose its cool on a non existant product?

Given the quality of your punctuation (or lack of it), and spelling (let's see how many you can spot), I am not sure you're particularly qualified to comment on the elegance of people's language usage.
  • Reply 65 of 102
    macinthe408macinthe408 Posts: 1,050member
    couldn't that simply a new case design before being colored?
  • Reply 66 of 102
    Should be popular in China
  • Reply 67 of 102
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    adonissmu wrote: »
    Now you all know if Samsung had a gold phone most of you would be saying Apple isnt innovating enough.

You wouldn't sleep right if you didn't get to mention Samsung at least once a day. This specific shade of gold is gaudy, but that's fine because it's fake/knock-off/after-market.

Chill.
  • Reply 68 of 102
    I'm guessing it's fake but I would totally buy one if it's not.

How quaint.
  • Reply 69 of 102
    If it is gold it will be "champagne," not bright gold. If that is champagne in color, it will be my next phone. I am tiring of black, and white never grabbed me.

Champagne is a beautiful colour. That is not champagne. And it's fake.
  • Reply 70 of 102
    boeyc15boeyc15 Posts: 986member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachLach View Post

Gold iPhone? I still can't understand why they would pick that color. High end phone does not equal Gold phone

Exactly... Hi end = Platinum iphone! That would look like... oh wait... never mind. Just kidding!

IMO- the iP 4 and 4s form factor is the most 'high end style' phones out there.
    Yes its heavy but I like the glass back etc... it has a 'feeling' of solidness(if thats a word) and high value. Held an iP5... thought I was picking up a soda can... thought I could crush it if I squeezed to hard! Ahh, Im sure Ill get use to the 5s(or what ever its called) when it comes out, as my contract is about up.
  • Reply 71 of 102
    boeyc15boeyc15 Posts: 986member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Champagne is a beautiful colour. That is not champagne. And it's fake.

Champagne ~ = Beige?? Read somewhere Steve Jobs hated beige. Times are a changing.... maybe
  • Reply 72 of 102
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    This looks third party, like the stuff you can buy at CES.
  • Reply 73 of 102
    billhbillh Posts: 19member
    Looks like an anodized aluminum architectural bronze to me. I've spec'd more than a few projects that match it.
  • Reply 74 of 102
    freediverxfreediverx Posts: 1,423member

If Apple actually releases something this cheesy I'd start worrying about the new management.

• Reply 75 of 102
    Tacky. Like "Sheiks and gold chains and large gold Rolexes" tacky%u2026

Well, it IS an upscale market I guess%u2026 someone somewhere wants GOLD. I'm betting it's for the 'new sheiks', you know, the Chinese market perhaps? They're big on gold-colored stuff over there. Perhaps it's one of the requirements for getting China Mobile onboard. We say jump to a tacky tune and you win the brass ring!

Would Apple stoop so low? Let's hope NOT.
  • Reply 76 of 102
    C
    gazoobee wrote: »
    Please stop using this nonsensical, meaningless, made-up trashy term.  

It might be cool if it meant something but it's just the way ignorant people say "colour."  
    The whole idea of using cool new phrases is that they never existed before and mean things that you can't say any other way.  This is not that. 
    couldn't agree more. What a tosser thing to say.
  • Reply 77 of 102
    I hope they never release anything so lacking in taste.
  • Reply 78 of 102
    ziadjkziadjk Posts: 55member
    scotia73 wrote: »
    I hope they never release anything so lacking in taste.

Have you not seen iOS7's safari icon?
  • Reply 79 of 102
    corvuscorvus Posts: 12member

This is sure to be a smash hit in the ghetto.

• Reply 80 of 102

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Please stop using this nonsensical, meaningless, made-up trashy term.  

It might be cool if it meant something but it's just the way ignorant people say "colour."  

The whole idea of using cool new phrases is that they never existed before and mean things that you can't say any other way.  This is not that. 

"Colourway" has a different meaning to "colour". It is used in many industries (though perhaps primarily in textiles) to describe a distinctive combination of colours. Eg, our winter line features black jackets with blue highlights, and black jackets with red highlights. These are 2 distinct colourways. Prior to the coining of the term, folks likely used the phrase "combination of colours" or "colour combinations". Because the English language tends to evolve in useful and efficient ways, the term "colourways" was developed. Not dissimilar to the way a word like "keyboard" developed no doubt.

Try to be less dismissive of things you don't understand. The internet will thank you for it.