The Newton Thread

Comments

• Reply 21 of 45
    eh. Okay.

*Throws away cordless phone and cellphone, trashes microwave, and computer that uses microprocessor in exchange for rotary phone, radarange, and a couple of vaccuum tubes.
  • Reply 22 of 45
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    Tubes rule. They sound warmer
  • Reply 23 of 45
    Yup. Motorola should stop working on the G5 and just make bunches of vaccuum tubes. Then we can say Macs are faster because they are bigger than people's houses.
  • Reply 24 of 45
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Ahh. This time it is beefy_guy. Your forums so bad you had to troll over here again?
  • Reply 25 of 45
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    [quote]Originally posted by Fran441:

<strong>Ahh. This time it is beefy_guy. Your forums so bad you had to troll over here again? </strong><hr></blockquote>

The forums are doing quite well actually
  • Reply 26 of 45
    I wouldn't go there....you really don't want to.

Trust me.

MacMonkey's doing fine, but it's usually slow on the weekends, because most of our posters post at work. I'm in college and am simply awaiting tonight when I can get sloshed--and hopefully dispose of the rest of my stash before thanksgiving.
  • Reply 27 of 45
    bogiebogie Posts: 407member
    So is there a way to sync all the user entered data [Notes, Dates, Names, ect..] from one Newton to another without going through a Mac or PC?

I know I can send individual items but I want to do them 'en mass.
  • Reply 28 of 45
    jutusjutus Posts: 272member
    Hey, someone is selling a Developmental MP2000 on ebay:

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1297033000"; target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1297033000</a>;

Someone else is selling a MP2000/2100 and a slew of goodies:

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1295393401"; target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1295393401</a>;

It's amazing how these things have held their resale value (2000/2100)
  • Reply 29 of 45
    I shopped for about a month before I bought a Message Pad 2000 upgraded to 2100 hardware for $250 today.

Seems that 2000s don't go for under $200 and upgraded ones are typically around $300. With lots of stuff a good condition 2x00 will go for as high as $700. Pretty crazy for a four to five year old product that was discontinued. I wouldn't pay that much but for $250 I got something nicer than a $500 Palm or PocketPC device.
  • Reply 30 of 45
    tech issue - I want to connect my Newton to my PowerMac 8600 running AppleShare IP 6.3.3 [and 9.1] and have Newton Connection Kit 2.0 installed on it. My Newton says it cancels the connection due to no response.

any ideas? I think the problem is with the 8600 because I have problems writing to it from remote servers also - this is a random problem, sometimes it happens sometimes it does not - but I can still write to the 8600 from the 8600 [copying a mounted server to the local drive and installs both work].
  • Reply 31 of 45
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I'm considering a Newton 2100 but I'm not sure. Is there a good site for active Newton users? I'm interested in seeing what's currently available to use with the product before I drop some cash.

Thanks.
  • Reply 32 of 45
    Burge - yes, go to unna.org and thisoldnewt.com - both good sites. I bought a 2000 that was upgraded to a 2100 a week ago Saturday and I absolutely love it.
  • Reply 33 of 45
    Swingin' this over to the Digital Hub forum...
  • Reply 34 of 45
    Hey, Fran. Good to see you're still the Newton appologist. Man, I missed AI when it was down...

SM
  • Reply 35 of 45
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    My newton is here!!!! woohoo!

unfortunately the guy didn't send a pen or a battary pack like he said he would... so I can't use it yet

I got about 10 minutes use on some old battaries before they died. looks great.

question: will it print on a Stylewriter 1200?

Amorya
  • Reply 36 of 45
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    Never mind.

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: MacAgent ]</p>
  • Reply 37 of 45
    yes, it will.
  • Reply 38 of 45
    I got my Messagepad 120 in the mail the other day. I only got about 10 minutes to tinker with it, and then the wifey took it away. Seems I have to wait until Christmas to play with it...

From what I saw, it seemed extrememly capable. I love the fact that you can change the display from portrait to landscape. Can the others do this, like Palm and Pocket PC?

I'd like to have a Compaq iPaq with Pocket PC 2002, but I ain't got 500 bucks burning a hole in my pants...
  • Reply 39 of 45
    I just got my MP 130 this morning and I've been playing with it all day instead of working and studying for finals like I should be.

Man, this thing rocks!
  • Reply 40 of 45
    Yikes! I just dropped my MP2000 while I was talking on the phone. Naturally, it landed in the 10% of the floor which isn't covered with carpet. There's a small crack in my case on the top-left corner now.