iPod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
What do you think of this little device? Fun, cool, overpriced? Post it here!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 64
    Fun, cool, and overpriced.

But I'm still gonna get one anyway.

I have yet to try one, but everyone I hear that's tried one says they're wonderful.

<must get hands on iPod!>
  • Reply 2 of 64
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I'd buy one if I had the money, and more Mp3s. Since I don't have a radio in my car, it would be perfect, but I don't think I can find $400 for music on my ride in the morning.
  • Reply 3 of 64
    Fun, Useful, Overpriced.
  • Reply 4 of 64
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    Fun, Useful, I'm getting one. AI is back! WoohooQ
  • Reply 5 of 64
    Simply great! And not overpriced at all, look around at alternatives (that don't suck totally) and perhaps first and foremost at Sony's new Minidisc that comes with a tag of about $400, I believe it was.
  • Reply 5 of 64
    Useful as a HD.

OVERPRICED like crazy (not relative to the cost of the drive, but nonetheless).

I think it'll sound pretty shitty too.
  • Reply 7 of 64
    It doesn't sound "shitty", the sound and phones are great.
  • Reply 8 of 64
    I've yet to hear it. I went to the Apple Store in Peabody, MA, but I didn't see one on display. No one to ask to see it either.

I can't wait to try it out though. Maybe sometime this week.
  • Reply 9 of 64
    idudeidude Posts: 352member
    I don't have one, but my friend does. It's awesome. Everyone I've talked to says it's worth the $$$. It sounds great. Looks great. is super easy to use, breakout rocks! Can't wait til my bday in a month!
  • Reply 10 of 64
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by Cipher13:

<strong>Useful as a HD.

OVERPRICED like crazy (not relative to the cost of the drive, but nonetheless).

I think it'll sound pretty shitty too.</strong><hr></blockquote>

• Reply 11 of 64
    applenut, are you getting one to go with that sweet new PB G4?
  • Reply 12 of 64
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Yea, as soon as I get rid of the debt caused by the Powerbook
  • Reply 13 of 64
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    I went to the Cincinnati Apple Store last weekend, and I played with the iPod. I had previously stated that I would buy one, but now I don't know. Hell, I might, but after seeing one up close the glamour has faded a little.
  • Reply 14 of 64
    Wow, someone who's not buying an iPod because they saw it! :eek:
  • Reply 15 of 64
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    When I was at Tice's Corner I got to see one but not try it out. It's so cool looking. It looks even cooler in person than in pictures and in cemercials.
  • Reply 16 of 64
    How did you get to see it, though. Did you have to ask to see it, or did they have it on display?
  • Reply 17 of 64
    I saw one...

I held it in my hand, Mrs. Murphy,

and it only weighs a quarter of a pound...

It took an inhuman act of will to keep my wallet in my pocket. I do not know how long I can hold out...

Mandricard

AppleOutsider
  • Reply 18 of 64
    Where did you see it?
  • Reply 19 of 64
    Damn Apple for making such cool products. Hopefully Tekserve will have one to play around with tomorrow.
  • Reply 20 of 64
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    They have a store front dispaly, but the actualy iPod (I was at Tysons Corner) is bar near the Genious Bar on a pedistal. I overheard some Apple Store employees asking if anyone customer ask the other to hear how the other MP3 players sounded. They each replied no and said they each sold like 3 or 5 ones.

I already have mine, They are fun....that is really the word to describe them. It is like iTunes, but on the road. The only problem is you can't make playlists on da' Pod and when you have a really long song (like a Paul Oakenfold techno song), it is is really annoying to have to hold down the fast forward/next track button becuase it goes to slow. I wish you held down the enter or next track buttons while moving the jog wheel, it go through each song faster.

Also, no onscreen help OR directions on how to use it at the Apple Store. I overheard two people fumbling over the controls and eventually got it, but it would have been easier if there had been a map on how to use it!

That is my experience with the iPod. It is fun!